Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:37:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334540 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Do You Ever Look Through Your Old Posts?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do You Ever Look Through Your Old Posts?  (Read 501 times)
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »

I just did.  Greatness from first post to last.

Oh jeez, haha!

I kno my early gamefaqs talk was liek this tho.  U kno what I mean???? lol.

Oi...GameFAQs talk was the worst (no offense, Dice). I remember a lot of new members that must've come from the GameFAQs boards who got swift kicks in the ass here, and then we're usually banned by DR and Teh John.

I don't, because I'm terrified of the truth.

Truth = I have been a raging asshole to a lot of you in the past and for this I am truly sorry.

No, there have been plenty of assholes on the boards (myself included). You aren't one of them. Though I do think you should get some (figurative) donuts for hilarity.

I still like to bring up and read this unfinished gem every once in a while: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.0
I had WAAAAAY too much fun writing Taressa.  Just like the story evolved from something stupid into something really good, Taressa evolved from merely being sexy fanservice to being a really cool and badass character. 

I have a similar thing with a short story I posted onto the boards a long time ago. I don't think I even have the file for my computer anymore, but I stumbled on it here. Shockingly, and scarily, the damn thing has 1300+ views! I doubt many of those views actually read the story, but that is still terrifying. It's here: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=584.0
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 05:53:53 AM »

i've done this before and i noticed that when i was younger i was a much more cheerful person

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 06:11:26 AM »

looking back i can see i've always had a very opinionated dominant personality,but i think over the years people's reactions to me caused me to become jaded and bitter

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 07:45:02 PM »

I still like to bring up and read this unfinished gem every once in a while: http://www.rpgfan.com/boards/index.php?topic=8002.0
I had WAAAAAY too much fun writing Taressa.  Just like the story evolved from something stupid into something really good, Taressa evolved from merely being sexy fanservice to being a really cool and badass character.  

Oh man, I had forgotten about that thread.  That was awesome stuff.

Now that this is brought up again, I'm almost tempted to try and tack on another chapter. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 12:23:05 AM »

I love looking at what people are looking at. Usually there are a few "guests" viewing old ass threads that are hilarious.

Alisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2014, 02:34:48 AM »

one time i saw a guest printing a thread and it was about some bizzare subject like underage kids having sex or something like that.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:44:51 AM by Alisha » Logged

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2014, 04:49:58 AM »

There was actually a time (many, many years ago) when RPGfan was set as my browsers home page.
Then, some time later I decided to drop by the forums a few times, I can't remember what the hell it was that I saw here but I ended up changing my homepage as a result.
Obviously, I still visited the site but avoided the forums like the plague.
So, time passed and eventually I had a look at the forums again. Whatever it was that had me so upset was apparently gone and eventually l even signed up. More time passed and now its probably the only forum I still make semi regular posts on. Funny how some thing work out.

Long story short, the forum has changed, and it's probably for the better. Course, there's always the odd chance I ran into some joke posts that went over my head.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2014, 08:26:51 AM »

I've been around for a LONG time, but I can't say I've ever taken the time to look at my old posts. I can't imagine things have changed much, considering that I'm old now, and was old then. Now if I were to look back to the beginning of the Fan, then I would probably see some differences.
I know I've mellowed over the years. I'm still opinionated, but less confrontational. I think more before I type, and hit "post" (or send).
Video games are now just a passing diversion I play for a couple hours a week. My passions have shifted to far more important things in life. I still enjoy them, but on a top 10 list of things I want to be doing right now, gaming is in slot 7 or 8, where just a few years ago, they were 3 or 4. When I first joined the Fan/Lunarnet gaming was what I did. I think I was still living with my parents, hoarding cash, and playing games all the time.
It would be interesting to look back that far. 15 or 16 years, or whatever it was.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2014, 06:01:18 PM »

Looking back, I find it hard to believe that I've been posting in the RPGFan community since October 1999 (15 years) and have been on staff since November 2004 (almost 10 years).  I was a fresh-faced 21 year-old when I first posted at the 'Fan and *I* was one of the old guys so I was more self-conscious about being a mature adult.  And now, most of us are all in the same nebulous age bracket. 

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2014, 06:35:18 PM »

I've been around for a LONG time,
It would be interesting to look back that far. 15 or 16 years, or whatever it was.

Looking back, I find it hard to believe that I've been posting in the RPGFan community since October 1999 (15 years) and have been on staff since November 2004 (almost 10 years).  I was a fresh-faced 21 year-old when I first posted at the 'Fan and *I* was one of the old guys so I was more self-conscious about being a mature adult.  And now, most of us are all in the same nebulous age bracket. 

Let me put it in perspective for you.
The kids born the same year you guys joined these forums are now almost old enough to drive.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2014, 08:59:57 PM »

I work at a high school, so that perception isn't lost on me. 

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »

I've been around for a LONG time,

Looking back, I find it hard to believe that I've been posting in the RPGFan community since October 1999 (15 years) and have been on staff since November 2004 (almost 10 years).  I was a fresh-faced 21 year-old when I first posted at the 'Fan and *I* was one of the old guys so I was more self-conscious about being a mature adult.  And now, most of us are all in the same nebulous age bracket. 

Let me put it in perspective for you.
The kids born the same year you guys joined these forums are now almost old enough to drive.

Whoa! That is quite the perspective. I started posting on the Fan during the summer of 2001, so kids born that year are now 13 years old. That's pretty crazy!

It is surprising the amount of longevity most of the forum-goers here have had. There have been a few of the old regulars lost over the years, but for the most part a lot of the active members when I first came to the Fan are still posting here.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2014, 02:11:15 PM »

Perspective? Here's some more perspective.

I became a member in the summer of 2000 at the age of 14. I celebrated my 28th birthday last week. I've visited these forums nearly daily for almost half of my life.

As for my old posts. I did look back a couple of years ago to find out what I was playing back in 2006-2008. I think I've gained some confidence since then. I also feel more like part of the community now. For a few years nearly every big forum thing happened while I was asleep thanks to time difference. The forums feel calmer nowadays, which make it easier to not miss out on things.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: