Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 02:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340875 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Misc. Gaming News Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] Print
Author Topic: Misc. Gaming News Topic  (Read 26389 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: December 12, 2014, 03:59:18 AM »

If you wish for only positive feedback, you are in the wrong line of work.

It's not about comments being positive or negative, it's about how those comments are made. You can critique a game without being a complete asshole about it. Like, say something like "Not a fan of Lucky Chloe. Have seen too many idol characters lately" instead of going all Comic Book Guy on some dev.

I understand that having a bunch of little shits criticize your game or movie based on merits like "shit looks so lame" is infuriating, but be real. 9 times out of 10, no news is good news. Tekken has a dedicated fanbase, myself included, and Harada is gonna make bank regardless of what neogaf or redshit has to say about it. Same as Michael Bay's ninja turtles, Ben Affleck's Batman portrayal, and so on. Replying to the snot nosed 13 year olds with this kind of "feigned rage" is childish. You've still got hundres of thousands of fans who will love the game and the character, so why go to the trouble of baiting fanboys and nerdy fucks alike? Seems unnecessary.

I agree, but I can think of two reasons to do so:
1. Marketing. News like this goes beyond the usual fanbase. It's good to have a loyal group of players, but most franchises can't survive of that alone. You need to draw in new people.
2. This was the last drop and he wanted to say something for his own sanity. Fans on the internet are great as shitting on everything that doesn't meet their every demand and once you become aware of that, you have to be really thick skinned to be able to ignore it. (I think that as long as devs have a decent sense of humour about it, they deserve a free punch once in a while.)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: December 12, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »

Tomara said exactly what I was gonna say. Thanks!

I'll just add that this whole situation was a mix of the two points Tomara mentioned. The reveal of a brand new character in a renowned fighting game series is a big deal, and the more noise it makes, the better. Harada more than anything handled all the feedback he saw in his favor.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 09:44:27 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: December 15, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »

redacted
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:36:12 PM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: December 17, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »

Okay, this Anima game looks a lot cooler than I remember it being when it was being kickstarted. I definitely want to keep an eye on it now.

EDIT:

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition Announced! (also DmC)

Code:
What's that? You actually wanted to see some of the Special Edition? Sorry, this still Capcom we're talking about here. =P

Oh, and in case someone cares: BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend was announced for the PS3, PS4, and Xbox One. You know, for those who don't have enough copies of this game.

No I'm not mad that this news came after I just bought my 6th BlazBlue game, no siree
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:50:01 PM by Mickeymac92 » Logged

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: December 17, 2014, 04:24:36 PM »

Wow, Anima does look wickedly impressive.

Also I'm surprised they haven't made a Vergil game up to this point, I feel he's more popular than Dante.  You know there's always that character in a series that you always WISH would get their own game but doesn't (or it takes years and years)? 

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: December 17, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »

So long as they throw in playable Virgil sections from time to time I'm good.

Actually, I kinda wanna replay the Devil May Cry series now...

...in fact, I might just make "PS2 HD Replays" a thing to ring in the new year if I don't get a PS4 tomorrow...

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Today at 03:53:56 AM »

http://gematsu.com/2014/12/falcom-announces-action-rpg-tokyo-xanadu

What an odd title to revive.

Hopefully it'll be more playable than OG Xanadu (because lol).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Today at 04:02:49 AM »

Wow, Anima does look wickedly impressive.

Also I'm surprised they haven't made a Vergil game up to this point, I feel he's more popular than Dante.  You know there's always that character in a series that you always WISH would get their own game but doesn't (or it takes years and years)? 

God, as a kid did I want a Megaman to star Protoman. Now, I can't even have more Megaman. Zero was the Protoman of "X" but by the time he got more in the limelight I lost a great deal of interest. In truth, as fond as I am of Mega in memory they make me want to break my controller as an adult. Maybe I got worse at games as I got older?

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Today at 04:16:02 AM »

You can choose to play as protoman in Mega Man 10 (have to be careful with the roman numerals here). I think he takes more damage than megaman so I didn't bother myself. Also my skills have definitely rusted from playing RPGs, 9 and 10 were barely manageable, but you can cheat and buy some E-capsules if you suck.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: