Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:27:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Youtube
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 156 Print
Author Topic: Youtube  (Read 209601 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1515 on: October 09, 2012, 07:21:51 PM »

man that looks fun.

I put countless hours into sim city on snes (yup lol) and 2000 and 4 on PC.

Shit came a long way

I loved the SNES ones.  I have both SimCity and Simcity 2000 for the SNES.  SC4 for PC is pretty fun too.   I pretty much always cheat on them.  Infinite money is probably the first thing I look for haha.

The biggest thing I'm not crazy about the upcoming one is that it's Origin only.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1516 on: October 09, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »

They made 2000 on SNES?

In a related note I bought Big Hurt Baseball for snes for like 3 bux yest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1517 on: October 11, 2012, 01:47:03 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_46jymn6L80

Kirby is so...dirty...?!

I love this, how did the censor miss it??

Hint:

:)
OO
 Y

They even put a hairy-enemy hedgehog where the angles meet on the "Y"...

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1518 on: October 11, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »

I immediately remember that stage. I was too young to get it at the time. But ... that's kind of hot, in its own creepy way.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1519 on: October 11, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »

The best part were the boulders shaking the screen during the second part of that descent, twice, just to get it to sink in.

At least that explains why that section was so oddly easy (for a non optional segment of a Kirby game at least) compared to the rest of world 5.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1520 on: October 13, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »

Found this in Eurogamer, I don't want to make a new topic about this so I'll just put it here.

"Activision's developers have aggravated a portion of the Muslim community by hanging a painting above a toilet in Modern Warfare 2.

The painting has holy teachings written around its frame. "Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty," the text is reported to have read. Apparently the presence of holy teachings in a place of number-ones and twos does not sit well with Islam. So Activision has pulled the Favela map out of rotation and will return it when edits have been made."

And here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6JIUn9bDU
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1521 on: October 14, 2012, 02:09:15 AM »

Wow... I feel like this is much ado about nothing.  But then... religion does funny things to people.

Dunno what to make of that one. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:10:51 AM by Dice » Logged

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1522 on: October 14, 2012, 02:30:19 AM »

This is just weird...you can't have a slogan in the bathroom?  When your religion prohibits everything you ought to have a thicker skin about violations.  I seriously doubt IW made that texture just for that picture frame in that location.  They probably didn't even notice it.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1523 on: October 14, 2012, 05:44:58 AM »

This is just weird...you can't have a slogan in the bathroom?  When your religion prohibits everything you ought to have a thicker skin about violations.  I seriously doubt IW made that texture just for that picture frame in that location.  They probably didn't even notice it.

You saw what happened in Libya a month ago. Right?

You are aware that it's not the religion itself that's the problem, but the extremists within that use whatever means they can find to incite outrage and violence to further their cause. Aren't you?

And you know that it's not just the Muslim faith that suffers from such false and manipulative practitioners but all religions as it is of humankind's base nature to do so. Don't you?

So you understand that what this is isn't an act of censorship but an act of responsibility on the developer's part to avoid providing more fodder to be used to incite more incidents that'll lead to the loss of life.

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1524 on: October 14, 2012, 07:20:45 AM »

You saw what happened in Libya a month ago. Right?

You are aware that it's not the religion itself that's the problem, but the extremists within that use whatever means they can find to incite outrage and violence to further their cause. Aren't you?

And you know that it's not just the Muslim faith that suffers from such false and manipulative practitioners but all religions as it is of humankind's base nature to do so. Don't you?

So you understand that what this is isn't an act of censorship but an act of responsibility on the developer's part to avoid providing more fodder to be used to incite more incidents that'll lead to the loss of life.

You seem to be missing the point.  I was mainly objecting to how silly and trivial the complaint was.  Then you argue that since violent extremists exist everyone else has to be extra careful not to say anything that might potentially offend them and somehow that's not censorship.  That doesn't even make sense, man.

I'm not sure why you brought up Libya since the situations are not remotely the same.  If you're talking about the attack on our embassy, well that was a premediated attack by terrorists who just used the protests as cover.  If you're talking about the protests (that weren't just in Libya, they were all over the Muslim world) they were in response to a truly horrible video that was specifically intended to provoke that sort of response.  Basically, the Muslim world got trolled.  Of course that doesn't justify violence, nothing does, but nobody is claiming that this situation is analogous...well, except you I guess.

Aeolus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1525 on: October 14, 2012, 10:35:48 AM »

Me saying dumb shit.

You seem to be missing the point.  I was mainly objecting to how silly and trivial the complaint was.  Then you argue that since violent extremists exist everyone else has to be extra careful not to say anything that might potentially offend them and somehow that's not censorship.  That doesn't even make sense, man.

I'm not sure why you brought up Libya since the situations are not remotely the same.  If you're talking about the attack on our embassy, well that was a premediated attack by terrorists who just used the protests as cover.  If you're talking about the protests (that weren't just in Libya, they were all over the Muslim world) they were in response to a truly horrible video that was specifically intended to provoke that sort of response.  Basically, the Muslim world got trolled.  Of course that doesn't justify violence, nothing does, but nobody is claiming that this situation is analogous...well, except you I guess.

And this is what I get for posting so early in the morning. Getting rightly called out on talking out of my ass.

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1526 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:03 AM »

I like how their complaint isn't being portrayed as war torn lunatics hell-bent on violence in every videogame and movie ever but a small jpeg on a texture nobody noticed
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1527 on: October 15, 2012, 10:02:07 PM »

Spiders on drugs....

http://youtu.be/sHzdsFiBbFc

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1528 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:49 PM »

http://youtu.be/RnAMDg7IVWs

TRAINS SIMULATOR.... BITCH!!!

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1529 on: October 17, 2012, 01:03:47 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPlwHoXUEYo

Probably the best short video I have seen on YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 156 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: