Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:01:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337899 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPGs and Homosexuality
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: RPGs and Homosexuality  (Read 15637 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2008, 01:40:06 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
You don't like people who talk down to you, yet you just called everyone in this thread "kids," despite the fact that the majority of the posters here are probably older than you.

You "kids" like to call me "old man," so what must you be? If I'm old, you must be young!

I don't use the term "kids" to talk down to anyone; it's a word I use synonymous with "people."

As for what I said that set off Sapphire in the first place, he's the one who set me off first with calling me "crazy," when he can't even logically explain what makes "homophobia" synonymous with "crazy." Honestly, you PEOPLE can't explain anything! You can make only insults!
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2008, 02:03:33 AM »

Admit it. You all did it :P
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2008, 02:06:57 AM »

Well, I'm glad he has the intelligence to realize that I'm an actual person, not subhuman. That's a start. Let's work on the rest of your problems.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2008, 03:24:28 AM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
As for what I said that set off Sapphire in the first place, he's the one who set me off first with calling me "crazy," when he can't even logically explain what makes "homophobia" synonymous with "crazy."

"Homophobia" isn't synonymous with "crazy."  It's synonymous with "close-minded," "intolerant," and "ignorant."

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2008, 07:01:01 AM »

Wrote a bunch of stuff and then lost it. But anyway, skimmed the thread only.

What's the point of having a character that's only gay for the sake of being gay if it's not going to be a central plot point somehow or key to his development as a character? It would feel like that the character is only gay as an afterthought...being gay has to have an effect on the actions he chooses.

Also for the whole "Is being gay right or wrong" thing, I'm on Bernhardt side to some degree, as I think that most straight people don't think being gay is right, but rather only accepting of it as long as it doesn't affect their lives directly- I think most people are just too politically correct to say they don't like homosexuality.

Yes, I'm uncomfortable with homosexuality in the same way I'm uncomfortable about incest and pedophilia. They're all sexual taboos, so how is one "more wrong" than the other? I have the "it has nothing to do with me, so I don't care" policy: I think gays should have rights because it's not like it matters to you as an individual if others are happy being gay.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2008, 09:17:05 AM »

All right, that'll do it.  I usually let these things work up to a more fevered pitch, but I've got a slight migraine today.  Let me recap the thread.

1.  Brad, Asellus, and Joachim = totally gay.  Cloud = not, he just likes the feel of a silky dress caressing his skin, and who are we to judge.

2.  It doesn't really matter whether characters in an RPG are gay or straight because the Japanese fucking fail at romance subplots.

3.  There are more lesbians than leather daddies in games, which I'm sure has nothing to do with hormonal otakus who have yet to leave the basement.

4.  I'm disappointed Tony's post didn't use the word GENIAL MEMBER OF ETHNIC GROUPS THAT ORIGINATE IN THE AFRICAN CONTINENT OR CLOSEBY THEREIN.  I set GENIAL MEMBER OF ETHNIC GROUPS THAT ORIGINATE IN THE AFRICAN CONTINENT OR CLOSEBY THEREIN to be filtered a long time ago for the sake of comedic effect, and nobody ever uses it.  This saddens me.

5.  Dur, dem faggots chasin after me wit dem crazy lusts and poison semen.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: