Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 08:53:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338349 Posts in 13850 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Who watch Bleach?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who watch Bleach?  (Read 4693 times)
valentine08
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:06:49 AM »

anyone here ^_^

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:15:58 AM »

It's alright. I follow it on Adult Swim though and that means the filler arc will be on.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:48:35 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
It's alright. I follow it on Adult Swim though and that means the filler arc will be on.

And for the sub watchers..filler arc #2 just started :P Japan needs to stop making unfinished manga into anime.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 01:46:20 PM »

I watch it sometimes... but not always.  Depends on if I have Cartoon Network at the time.  (Hooray for some hotels!)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:01:39 PM »

I stopped watching it on subs two years ago after the Soul Society arc. I had a feeling it would become crap.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:19:30 PM »

I mainly watch the anime on adult swim, but been up to date on the manga (beyond american release.)  The manga has gotten quite good again actually. Bleach is enjoyable, but amongst the major shonen series, I enjoy One Piece the most.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »

I used to but started to get discouraged when I found out it was another shounen series that would run for hundreds of episodes.  I just can't really get into series that run so long.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I stopped watching it on subs two years ago after the Soul Society arc. I had a feeling it would become crap.

My thoughts exactly.  It reminds me of Dragonball Z in where the character keeps evolving.  SSJ/SSJ2/SSJ3=Bankai/Half-hollow/full-hollow.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2008, 12:45:22 PM »

Quote from: "Azrael"
I used to but started to get discouraged when I found out it was another shounen series that would run for hundreds of episodes.  I just can't really get into series that run so long.

Which is why I mostly read the manga. It is faster. :p

I just follow what is on TV and watch clips of the parts I like in the manga.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
valentine08
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »

cool!

neo_gamer
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:16 AM »

me! me! itsugooo!! wahaha! before i don't have the feeling watching it until i don't have anything to do in fromt of pc then i tried.. great story and mostly i liked their punchlines so funny ^_^
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2008, 12:27:57 PM »

I know this one kid who's obsessed with Bleach, claiming it to be the best anime ever, and without knowing a thing past the SS arc, I know it follows the DBZ formula.

I can't watch shounen anime anymore, but the few good ones that I've seen are Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and One Piece (though I've heard Hunter x Hunter is good too.)

It's also hard to keep up with all the characters in Bleach since they are nearly 100 of them...
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 09:47:53 PM »

I only watch Shounen anime in passing sometimes. They usually translate out to me as "Screw around with several main villains while having no real central focus". The best kind of show is one where they don't focus on having to build up the world too goddamn much and just get the message across, like in Now and Then, Here and There.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 01:06:44 AM »

I've been watching for a good while now. It's become a bit worse over the years, especially right now since they completely dropped the previous story arc in the middle for the new filler arc (they even said, flat out, that they were making a filler season). It hasn't gotten bad enough that I would drop it, but I have faith that it'll get better over time.

On the topic of other Shounen anime, I love One Piece and Hunter x Hunter (subs as well). I'm a good deal behind on both series but I plan to catch up/ finish at some point in the future.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 08:14:52 AM »

Ive watched tidbits here and there on AS.  My main problem with these types of shows is that they go on FOREVER.  I mean im not even against filler episodes, but when you have so many plus story episodes that you end up getting into the 200s of episode numbers, it just starts to drive me nuts.  Just to many episodes and it just gets to damn obnoxious.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: