Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:22:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334793 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Boards
| | |-+  Okay, new boards.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Okay, new boards.  (Read 8119 times)
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
We're planning better things for RPGFan (can you say movies?).

Like, the old videos/movies section that was up many moons ago?

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2006, 12:44:37 AM »

Quote from: "Tsi Aileron"
We're planning better things for RPGFan (can you say movies?).

Like, the old videos/movies section that was up many moons ago?

Right now what we're planning is to have a rotating videos section.  Because our bandwidth cap is still pretty low (comparatively to what we do, even without videos), we're probably going to host four videos at a time that we'll rotate out with a Movies index.  So say the new trailer for Oblivion and for three other games, and when we get the next newest trailer, we'll kill the oldest on the index.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2006, 09:57:50 AM »

Ok, thanks for the explanation, but who is exactly bitching, or even complaining? "rolleyes".
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006, 12:12:26 PM »

Screw that, do video reviews ala Gamespot.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
So, after this new format is fixed, we won't be required to register yet again, will we? And if you do not mind me asking, why you felt the need to transfer servers? I liked the old forum the way it was.

The change in forums is not the reason we changed servers, but a consequence.  These PHPBB boards are here to stay, because Invision now costs.  We're not going to pay $200 for our board system.

And we changed servers because we found a provider that gave us much more support, better bandwidth, and faster speeds for the same price we were paying.  If you don't like it, sorry to say it, but tough shit.  The site is exactly the same except for the boards.  Once everything is ironed out (you remember the post that said 2-3 days downtime?  This is those 2-3 days as we get shit fixed), it will run fine.

Look at it this way: You lost, what, post count and a board type?

I've spent well over 100 hours getting us over to this new server in addition to what I do for the site, and I'm not even doing the boards.  We're planning better things for RPGFan (can you say movies?).  So quit your bitching.  The site's still within the period I set for complete downtime, but we were up a little sooner than I expected.

Awesome!  It has been a long time since the Fan hosted movies.  I remember when the site had a massive collection of them.  Is there any chance they might be brought back again?  Are you considering providing high resolution trailers (such as the high resolution trailers provided at Apple's quicktime site)?  I think it will be awesome to have the movies section back.  Will you provide streaming movie files or will they be available for download to our computers?

It will be awesome if the old music section could come back as well.  I remember when you used to have selected pieces of music from various game soundtracks.  I really miss that section of the site.  While the Soundtracks section does have some of that, it isn't quite the same as it used to be.  I doubt the section would be like it used to be.  Since the dotcom bust, things just aren't the same.  There are also a host of legal considerations to take into account if you decided to bring it back.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: