Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 11:15:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334708 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Video Card
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video Card  (Read 1953 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 22, 2006, 07:36:08 PM »

I am looking for a new video card.

I am running-
3ghz P4
2.5gb RAM (not sure what speed....it's good stuff, though)

Currently I have a GeForce FX 5200. I mostly use this comp for gaming. I am looking to spend $200 or less. So....do my thinking for me!

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 08:21:40 PM »

Find a GF6800.  It's your best bang for that kind of buck.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 08:27:26 PM »

That's actually the one I was looking at. THey have one on newegg for 119 that looks pretty nice. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130261

I know nothing about video cards. Is this one worth it?

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
That's actually the one I was looking at. THey have one on newegg for 119 that looks pretty nice. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130261

I know nothing about video cards. Is this one worth it?

For the money it's a very good card. Especially with the one day sale newegg has going on right now where you get a $40 mail in rebate. With that sale, you might as well get two and run them in SLi mode. The performance increase there won't be astonishing, but for only $20 more than a non sale day I'd say it's worth the purchase.

But in a nutshell, yes, that is a good card. Just make sure your comp has the available slots (one PCIex16) available on your motherboard. You might also want to read up on how to install a graphics card (although from experience, it isn't all that hard).

Good luck on the purchase.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:12 PM »

Hrm, my comp sucks and doesn't have any PCI 16 slots. I wonder if there is anything on this comp other than the memory I can salvage.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: