Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334691 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Infinite Undiscovery Coming September 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Infinite Undiscovery Coming September 2  (Read 5573 times)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »

Well, FF12 is unlike most JRPGs. Fable is like most WRPGs.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Well, FF12 is unlike most JRPGs. Fable is like most WRPGs.

Fair enough, I guess.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 12:18:04 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Parn, it's drought, not draught. The latter would be pronounced "draft". :P

Uh, what?
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »

The voice acting is so absolutely terrible, that there is no way I'm touching this game.

Maybe if the gameplay is fun, but oh dear god... I expect more from Square Enix. Or wait, do I? They haven't impressed me in a long, long time.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 06:23:08 PM »

Quote from: "Sapphire_Fate"
The voice acting is so absolutely terrible, that there is no way I'm touching this game.

Maybe if the gameplay is fun, but oh dear god... I expect more from Square Enix. Or wait, do I? They haven't impressed me in a long, long time.

I'm sick of saying this over and over again to uninformed people, but this game is developed by TRI-ACE, not Square Enix. They are the publishers.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 06:39:44 PM »

I doubt tri-Ace is handling the American dub though! I'm assuming that's what he's talking about since I didn't watch the trailer nor do I plan to. If it's in Japanese, then it doesn't really concern most of us.

However, that does mean he shouldn't let SE publishing affect his gameplay expectations since that's kinda dumb, not unless he was let down by Star Ocean and Valkyrie Profile.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »

I do have to agree that the English dubbing in the trailer's pretty atrocious.  And I'm usually pretty forgiving of that.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 08:21:09 PM »

I dont know wtf you guys are talking about but the VA isnt that bad.  The evil half masked guy isnt that great, and the people yelling out move names during battle sounds retarded because...well its fucking yelling out attack names in battle.  Otherwise its not that bad.  Its nowhere near great, but it sounds better than half the characters in blue dragon and way better than the one backpack little girl in WA5, just for example.  Of course time will tell wether or not more intricate VA will sound bad or good, but the trailer was decent.

Anyways, if its a decent RPG for 360, im all for it.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"

I'm sick of saying this over and over again to uninformed people, but this game is developed by TRI-ACE, not Square Enix. They are the publishers.

The fact that Square Enix is bringing this kind of trash to the States is why I dislike them. I have not been impressed by anything they've made/published in a long time.

This included.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »

Then make a game for yourself and stop your damn whining. Other people will buy the game, like they care what one fucking person thinks...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:41 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Then make a game for yourself

Not that I don't think he's being an obnoxiously whiny brat, but this is a really bad argument. It's like saying you should build your own grocery store because you don't like the one that's near your house.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 10:51:22 PM »

"If you want something right, do it yourself."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 11:08:43 PM »

This isn't a case where that's remotely practical.
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 12:20:50 AM »

Offering an opinion =/= "whining."

I know S-E can do better, it's that they fail to  do so repeatedly that depresses me. Same with tri-Ace.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 12:41:46 AM »

Offering an opinion =/= "whining."

I know S-E can do better, it's that they fail to  do so repeatedly that depresses me. Same with tri-Ace.

You've come to this decision based solely on the voice acting?  You're jumping to conclusions pretty quickly, especially considering tri-Ace isn't really known for it's voice acting, it's known for gameplay.

Also, Square-Enix has been the only company to ever publish tri-Ace's games so I'm not sure how SE is really to blame here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: