Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 11:36:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327884 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Little Big Planet
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Little Big Planet  (Read 13529 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »

The secondary problem with the 'all or nothing' policy is that it's very easy to make that an intolerant policy. "We allow/don't allow for objections to our content" is the gateway to a HUMONGOUS slippery slope to go down.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2008, 05:08:27 PM »

You're a hypocrite because b) You're treating this (and have been since this began) with way more complaint than the religious group that has a vested interest in the case

Only because they got what they wanted right away, with no fuss and muss. If they hadn't gotten it, their complaints would be a lot louder than mine. 

c) You say you're not out to insult people for their beliefs, yet you do it CONSTANTLY.

I'm not insulting anyone. Expecting them to keep their religion out of my personal life is no different from them expecting me not to lecture them on whether I think their religion (or any) is wrong. It works both ways.

And no, you do not need to deal with everything using a one-shot policy. That's the either/or fallacy. Things CAN be treated on a case-by-case basis and often should be. Otherwise you're generalising which is a much more dire trap.

From a corporate stand point, you do. If you're doing a case by case basis, you're inevitably going to alienate customers of some sort, and lose business. A one-shot policy just makes more sense.

And Eusis - I didn't know that. I still think it's the exception, rather than the rule though.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2008, 06:56:00 PM »

Then you're clearly paying no attention to how corporate attitudes are changing.

Further, if the 'customer is always right', then you have to respond to your customers on many levels.

But enough, I'm done with this. You've repeatedly proven you have your head way too far up your ass to listen to anyone but yourself, so I'm going to just walk away and let you believe what you want.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2008, 08:03:56 PM »

You've repeatedly proven you have your head way too far up your ass to listen to anyone but yourself, so I'm going to just walk away and let you believe what you want.

And you've consistently proved you can't make a reasonable argument without throwing personal insults behind it, but that's fine.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2008, 08:19:58 AM »

After/despite all the ruckus, is anybody actually playing this one :P?
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2008, 03:51:14 PM »

Kotaku never told me how to get my Nariko Sackgirl preorder, so until I can get her via DLC I'm busy with other games.  :P

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2008, 04:41:28 PM »

After/despite all the ruckus, is anybody actually playing this one :P?

Me!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2008, 09:53:41 PM »

I snagged a copy of this today, since I was feeling spendy.

It's fun.  But I'm more obsessed with Mirror's Edge.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »

I started playing the last week or so, but I've barely done much in the game.  It's super fun, but at the same time, I just have too many other games I'm playing at the moment.  It sucks cuz I wish I had the time to devote to it.   

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2008, 04:29:07 PM »

To answer Chris:

Yes I've been playing it for about two weeks now and I LOVE it. This game gives you an enormous amount of respect for the level designers, because you essentially have the SAME tools they do, yet I cannot for the life of me make a level that's even half as fun as the ones they've made without investing like a month of my life into it. :)

Also, wanted to comment on this:

The funny part of that (and by no means is this representative of Hindus as a group, merely of Hindus I personally know) is that my Hindu friends are often fans of DDS. It doesn't bother them at all because they know it's fiction. To them their deities are cherished, but just because the game references said deities as something does not change for them, the reality of their religion. I think that's a very healthy attitude to take.

Despite that, I sometimes feel a bit off-put when Sri Saraswati shows up as an ENEMY in a game, because I do consider her a dear goddess to me. What can I do though? I remember reality, and that the game is fiction. After all, just because a man dresses up as Jesus does not make him so. He's living a lie. So that's the other side of tolerance I suppose.

<3 Mark. This line of logic reminds me of one of my own favorite writings (three cheers to self-promotion)...

http://www.rpgfan.com/editorials/2007/11-20.html

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: