Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 03:38:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341235 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals: My Life as a King
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals: My Life as a King  (Read 1746 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

I downloaded this the other day, and I'm addicted as shit. Wow, this game is fun. I keep going, "okay, just one more day", and 2 hours later, a few weeks have gone by. This feels like how the original CC should have been. The style is exactly the same, but it's utilized in a much more interesting fashion, IMO. I'm not exactly a huge fan of Sim/RTS games, but I'm absolutely loving this. I guess I just love the simplicity of it all, and I can wonder around and explore and talk to people, it's very relaxing.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:08:50 PM »

Yeah, I have been playing it as well and found it to be a little too slow at the start, but it definitely picks up. My review for the game will go up sometime this week (hopefully).

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 09:25:34 PM »

It's Chronicles. Personally, I thought it looked interesting but with stuff like Bionic Commando: Rearmed coming out and that the Wiiware titles hog so much space I decided I'd just wait.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:03:39 PM »

I've been dicking around with it a bit.  I like it a lot, but I'd be hard pressed to tell you why.  I actually have more negative things to say about it than positive (mainly that it's just so fucking repetitive, but it's pretty ugly too :P), but there's just something about it that keeps me playing.  I dare say it's the most fun I've had with the console in the three or so weeks I've had it.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
I've been dicking around with it a bit.  I like it a lot, but I'd be hard pressed to tell you why.  I actually have more negative things to say about it than positive (mainly that it's just so fucking repetitive, but it's pretty ugly too :P), but there's just something about it that keeps me playing.  I dare say it's the most fun I've had with the console in the three or so weeks I've had it.

Yeah, it's the most fun I've had with a single-player game on the Wii since Galaxy came out last year (I play Brawl strictly multi because the SE is freaking awful and I will never finish it). It's just addictive... I play it in hour or longer spurts and have to force myself to stop. You are right though, some of it is repetitive, but I didn't think the game was ugly :P.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »

I love it. I had to force myself to stop playing it just so I could post this.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »

When it comes to pure game design, it's honestly really, really poor.  Even city builders like CivCity: Rome (which was poor) have better things in it.  That being said, Square has done /something/ as the game is highly addictive.  It's uneven, it's not particularly pretty (and it has framerate issues), and half of the content you have to buy... yet I can't stop playing it.  WTF.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:54 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
When it comes to pure game design, it's honestly really, really poor.  Even city builders like CivCity: Rome (which was poor) have better things in it.  That being said, Square has done /something/ as the game is highly addictive.  It's uneven, it's not particularly pretty (and it has framerate issues), and half of the content you have to buy... yet I can't stop playing it.  WTF.

Where were the framerate issues? Other than it occasionally doing it when I call on chime, I haven't seen it hitch at all. And I like the art style, and I think the graphics are certainly not any worse than your average Wii game, I just think too many people are used to HD gaming :P. That being said, it is definitely VERY addictive.

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 02:50:00 PM »

Remember, people, this is a downloadable game from a service meant to be for mostly simple arcade-style games. The fact that we should be comparing it, at all, to even a full fledged GC title is pretty astounding, IMO. Ninja Gaiden takes over 24 hours to download on the XBox, this took me 15 minutes. So of course they're not going to have 50 music tracks, full voice acting, and incredibly detailed graphics. I think it's a pretty big accomplishment, myself.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 01:09:15 AM »

Unfortunately, my wireless network is protected by a VPN so I can't download the game, but I would like to check this out in the future.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: