Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:14:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329832 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  i'm usually not one to complain about rpg stories but....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: i'm usually not one to complain about rpg stories but....  (Read 17986 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2008, 05:00:07 AM »

As usual, I'll be the weirdo with the dissenting opinion: I prefer hard games over easy games.  Even if a game's cheap and/or frustrating and makes me yell "fuck" at the television (this happens sometimes, lol), I gain more enjoyment out of conquering challenges than simply mashing the "attack" command over and over until my thumb falls off.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008, 09:07:59 AM »

I do enjoy hard games, only if it involves skill.

Hard due to poor gameplay design or cheapness just sucks.

Also, I can't stand most games that make their final bosses just annoyingly difficult.

Most games I've dropped at the very end because I didn't feel like dealing with that BS. I have too many games to play.

The AI games seem to have pretty annoying final bosses, which goes against the grain of the main game, which have all been pretty easy up until the end.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008, 09:45:12 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Actually I didn't even really grind much in FFIV until the end with how stupidly powerful Zeromus is.

This bears repeating.  I didn't even know Rydia learned Meteo till 15+ years after the game was first released. :P

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
As usual, I'll be the weirdo with the dissenting opinion: I prefer hard games over easy games.  Even if a game's cheap and/or frustrating and makes me yell "fuck" at the television (this happens sometimes, lol), I gain more enjoyment out of conquering challenges than simply mashing the "attack" command over and over until my thumb falls off.

Challenging and cheap are not exactly the same thing, i prefer the first over the second any day.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:57 PM »

I still have never beat the first Ratchet & Clank. I'm saved right in front of the final boss, have tried waaaaaayyy to many times, and have never beat him. I feel I still beat the game though because I got to the very end. I don't feel like going around for a few hours collecting bolts just to buy the ridiculously overpowerful one to beat it, just sounds like a waste of life.

That being said, I do enjoy hard games. I got great satisfaction out of beating DMC3 on the normal setting. Same with Ninja Gaiden.

Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2008, 06:35:39 PM »

I like hard games too. My tolerance for cheapness, however, seems to vary with each individual game. I didn't really mind the cheap deaths in the PS2 Shining games, but the cheap deaths in P3:Fes are irritating the shit out of me right now.

Or maybe the real problem is that I need to take a fucking break from P3. I'm completely burned out on it yet I can't stop playing it. :P
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2008, 06:44:00 PM »

I prefer easy games, because I don't like to waste my time retrying a boss battle over and over again or grind like there's no tomorrow. There's a reason I love TotA; it felt fast paced because it wasn't cheap.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: