Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 10:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341350 Posts in 13950 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Bazaar
| | |-+  Much Interest in Japanese gaming?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Much Interest in Japanese gaming?  (Read 2544 times)
GenkiVideoGames.com

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2006, 01:48:42 PM »

Whilst we are a shop (booo!) and not a fan site, we are a shop run by fans so hopefully that makes us worthy of a listing here. Maybe this isn’t the most sensitive way to post at first but once we’ve got the awkward introductions out the way…Besides having Austrian ancestry means it shouldn’t hurt too much if I get my arse whalloped.

www.GenkiVideoGames.com

If there are any members of the gaming cognoscenti out there with views on our site we'd still love to hear from you. Especially if you can correct synopsis of relatively unknown titles on the site or recommend some killer, but pretty much unheard of, apps. We'd love to benefit from your wealth of knowledge on RPG's and any feedback would be most appreciated.

We recently updated our range of desirable titles with a large batch of collectable import games from Japan. If there's anything you’re looking for to complete your import collection, and its not on the site, please let us know as we hope to learn about retro titles we may have missed out on… I particularly thought you might be able to assist in letting us know whether you actually play imported RPG's or not… There are lots more we'd like to add besides Breath of Fire, Mother 2 and Final Fantasy given the chance. Just trying to guage the interest...
Thanks.

GenkiVideoGames.com

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »

Just to test the water a bit, we have a few more RPG (ish in some cases, I think!) titles on the way from Japan. If you can oblige with any revealing review info or links to sites dedicated to their preservation, please don’t be shy. Your support is, as ever, greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mega Drive (Genesis)
Phantasy Star
Land Stalker

Mega (Sega) CD
3x3 Eyes
Lunar The Silver Star

Saturn
Sol Divide

Super Famicom
RPG School Super Dante
Eye of the Beholder
Elnard
Front Mission
La Wares
Dark Half (New)

PC Engine (CD Rom)
Legion
Red Alert

PC Engine (Super CD Rom & Arcade)
Travel April (New)
Y's 4

Neo Geo Pocket
Biomotor Unitron

PS2
Phantasy Star Generations 1

WonderSwan
Hataraku Chocobo

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 06:46:52 AM »

I've purchased from these guys many weeks ago, and they're legit.  Just thought I'd throw that out.
GenkiVideoGames.com

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »

Thank you for metioning that. I hope we haven't darkened your name on these forums by being associated with a relatively unknown end of game beast at present. But it is really appreciated as reputation is paramount to a beast like us. And better the devil you know! (We're just a fluffy Chocobo at heart though!)

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 05:05:40 PM »

Not at all, actually.  I used to be a staff member here, starting as far back as 1999.  My post count is low due to a board wipe several weeks ago.  If anything, I darkened my own name when I was a tyrant on these forums back when I ran the show.

FYI, I was the one that bought Segata Sanshiro Shinkenyugi.  I'm still eyeing that copy of Phantasy Star Collection on your website, too.  I used to own it a long time ago, but sold it due to money issues... but now I want it back.  Need to wait for my next check to come in, though.  We'll see.
GenkiVideoGames.com

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 05:44:28 PM »

Oh yes - hope you liked Segata. The music gets in your head and its hard to stop singing it. SANSHIRO! Hope you have managed to unlock some good footage...
As every good RPG-er knows even an evil tyrant can be cured and see the evil in their ways and live in the shires in peace so don't be too hard on yourself!
Yeah the Phantasy Star is a popular series in Japan, so the collection never really seems to drop much in price... Anyway, we're pleased to have it arriving on the Mega Drive too.
Thanks for the heads up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: