Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 11:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331639 Posts in 13578 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Brett Ratner to do God Of War movie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brett Ratner to do God Of War movie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!  (Read 830 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:22:04 PM »

From www.ps3fanboy.com

Video game movie adaptations haven't been all too successful, and it doesn't look like that trend will change once Brett Ratner joins the ring. The director of films, such as X-Men III and the Rush Hour series, is looking to go into the ever-growing genre of games movies. Currently, Ratner is producing a commercial for the Guitar Hero series. He is also directing the first non-Hannah Montana music video for Miley Cyrus. A man of many tastes, to be sure.

A quick blurb at the end of a recent Advertising Age article also suggests that his next target may be Sony's esteemed franchise. According to the article, "[Ratner] also mentioned that he might be working on a movie adaptation of the video game God of War." While the God of War franchise would make for an excellent film if in the right hands, we're still weary about the quality of games films. We'll see if anything comes to fruition.

I don't know how many people on this forum have played the GOW games, but I think most people at least have enough of a passing familiarity with them to know that Ratner is not the guy to do this type of movie. Especially after seeing X-Men 3.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: