Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 07:38:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335247 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Jeanne D'Arc
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Jeanne D'Arc  (Read 3909 times)
Rindu

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:22:29 AM »

anybody playing/played this? i'm in chapter 6 now and woah...this game makes me glad i got a psp.  historical accuracy notwithstanding, the story is really well done, from presentation and pacing of the narrative to the deep characterisations.  the plot expands and takes on an epic scope, but it doesn't feel forced or overwrought. this game also causes me to take pity on those who do not enjoy video games. they're missing out! all hail level 5!

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 08:01:49 AM »

Agreed - it's a very good game.  Even with the fact that there are a bunch of strategy RPGs on the PSP, it's well worth playing.  The mechanic of trying to get your enemies ALMOST dead so you can zip around eliminating them in one turn is awesome.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 10:30:55 AM »

It's an above average game. I actually got addicted to the whole item synthesis element of the game despite the fact that I normally don't like item synthesis. However, the story didn't do much for me. Gameplay wins here.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

I loved this game (as seen in my review). It's definitely one of the best RPG's on the system.

Royal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »

I finished this game in the beginning this year. It's awesome game and that was reason why I bought PSP last winter.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 02:31:46 AM »

If I ever get a PSP, this will be one of the games I definitely get!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »

Quote from: "ShadowLaguna"
If I ever get a PSP, this will be one of the games I definitely get!

dont wait, buy a psp now. this game is amazing. unless theres absolutely no other game on the system youd want to play. "disgaea hour of darkness" is another strat rpg that is great as well
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »

Heck, if you just plain like strategy RPGs, the PSP is a great system to get.  There are at least a few really good action RPGs on it as well, and there's a ton of other good stuff on it, some of which can be had pretty cheap these days.

(No disrespect to the DS - tons of great stuff on it, too.)

—Kurt Vonnegut
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 11:43:12 PM »

I still need to buy it. Only game I have for my PSP is FFT.
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008, 11:44:08 PM »

Great game.  I didn't get to finish it, cause I was under levelled at the end, though.  But even despite this obviously unfortunate setback, it's still one of the best PSP games imo.

I like Jeanne's portrayal, but De Rais' is somewhat off as he doesn't rape or kill any children at all during the course of the game.  :P

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 07:43:00 AM »

Quote from: "Losfer"
De Rais' is somewhat off...

Yeah... I'm actually kind of glad I don't know the true history better than I do.  Makes it easier to think of them as just fictional people not really based on anyone.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2008, 12:02:51 PM »

Quote from: "Tooker"
Quote from: "Losfer"
De Rais' is somewhat off...

Yeah... I'm actually kind of glad I don't know the true history better than I do.  Makes it easier to think of them as just fictional people not really based on anyone.

Same here.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2008, 12:13:34 PM »

Heck, if you just plain like strategy RPGs, the PSP is a great system to get.  There are at least a few really good action RPGs on it as well, and there's a ton of other good stuff on it, some of which can be had pretty cheap these days.

what other titles do you suggest? ive tried finding more good stuff on the psp and i crap out sometimes... ive already sold legend of heroes 1/2 (wont even go near three) and valkyrie profile

i loved disgaea, a lot of th other psp rpgs ive read about get pretty bad reviews: astonishia story, brave story, radiant mythology...
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008, 12:18:52 PM »

Quote from: "terrencelee"

what other titles do you suggest? ive tried finding more good stuff on the psp and i crap out sometimes... ive already sold legend of heroes 1/2 (wont even go near three) and valkyrie profile

i loved disgaea, a lot of th other psp rpgs ive read about get pretty bad reviews: astonishia story, brave story, radiant mythology...

Brave story didn't get bad reviews... it's a decent game. Also, Crisis Core is a great game.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 03:12:20 PM »

the reviews of brave story i saw gave it between a 6.5 and a 7.5. not a bad review but not a good one. and if a game doesnt get at least an 8 or a 9 i usually ask around to friends if its worth buying.

if its worth buying thoguh ill check it out, i really need something new for my psp.

re:crisis core i havent bought any of the ff7 sequels, i wasnt the biggest ff7 fan, i liked it a lot but it was far from my favorite. of all the sequels crisis core is the one i'm most interested in.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: