Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:03:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319001 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  voice acting so bad its funny.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: voice acting so bad its funny.  (Read 8001 times)
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2008, 07:35:04 PM »

Wait a second is'nt Uru the original japanese name of Shadow Hearts.
Der Jermeister

G'day, sport!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2008, 07:51:11 PM »

Quote from: "Tridius"
Wait a second is'nt Uru the original japanese name of Shadow Hearts.

Well, Uru isn't the Japanese name of Shadow Hearts, but it was Yuri's nickname in the Japanese Shadow Hearts games, his full first name in those versions being Urmnaf.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2008, 11:43:50 PM »

I actually saw Chaos Wars for PS2 for $40 when I was browsing Gamestop this morning. I was almost tempted to pick it up, but then again, it'll be down to $20 in 6 months or so.

Quote from: "Sapphire_Fate"
Quote from: "Bernhardt"
Uru has a lisp...and, correct me if I'm wrong, but these are the main characters from Shadow Hearts II ~ Covenant!

Only Karin and Nicolai are originally from SH2.

True, Yuri made his debut in FIRST Shadow Hearts game, but he's still a main character in the second game...

Quote from: "Lard"
That makes Robot Alchemical Drive sound like Digital Devil Saga.

That's almost worth getting just *for* the voice acting.

Oh man, am I ever glad you mentioned R.A.D. Hilarious stuff there. But the funniest jokes I'd make myself: in some of those training machines, you can roam freely around the city; I must've spent hours just leveling half of the city. Now THAT was hilarious.

Quote from: "Akira"
Simply divine.

On an related note, anyone know a good way of cleaning caramel latte off of a computer screen?

Rubbing alocohol and paper towel. For the love of what's still right in the world, never wipe your computer screen off with any other liquid than rubbing alocohol, you'll damage your screen.
Viggyeld235

blackrosesoth blackrosesoth
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2008, 12:53:08 AM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
I actually saw Chaos Wars for PS2 for $40 when I was browsing Gamestop this morning. I was almost tempted to pick it up, but then again, it'll be down to $20 in 6 months or so.

Probably not even worth the $20, but I think this might go the opposite direction for a while.  What with it being SO BAD and being short printed, I think this will pop up to a hefty price before going down again... Which is sad, I couldn't imagine paying twice as much as I did for this game, much less what I paid already...

Castlevania Wii = 3D Fighter?!  Whosahubbajiggawha?
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2008, 05:43:04 AM »

I'm kind of expecting this game to go with the Atlus approach myself in terms of sales just because it's from a new company that has pretty much no idea what it's doing.  I could end up being wrong, but we'll see.  I agree with you though that I definitely wouldn't want to pay more than the price it is already for the game.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2008, 08:28:36 PM »

Thanks for the advice. Laptop still works. I need some kind of screen protector. Worked wonders for my TV when I played Star Ocean 2 in English...

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2008, 08:54:48 PM »

Doesn't seem like there was an official soundtrack release for Chaos Wars, but that opening song, "Sound Horizon," WAS pretty decent.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »

Unless you understand Japanese, that statement couldn't be more invalid. If you don't understand the words spoken, there is no way you could evaluate the quality of the voice actor's presentation of them.

That's the beauty of it. Acting could be horrible and you'd never know except in the extreme cases. Anime and game characters also have a tendency to say, well, stupid shit and it's a bit more forgiving to read it than it is to hear it.
death919

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

HYOMA?
YI-YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

ROFL this is the most amazing video on youtube.
death919

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »

BTW... are you guys sure that's a real, legit dub?  I can't believe they would put that in a real game LOL.  Are you sure this isn't fan made or something??
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2008, 07:46:38 AM »

Quote from: "death919"
BTW... are you guys sure that's a real, legit dub?  I can't believe they would put that in a real game LOL.  Are you sure this isn't fan made or something??

Seriously dude?

I beat the game and wrote a review. I played it start to finish. That's the *real* English dub for the game.

Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

It was explained on another site that Chaos Wars' VA was done in-house by O-3 entertainment... basically, by the head dude, his other translators, and some family members.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: