Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 11:06:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329713 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Xbox 360: RPG Title Announcement Media Event
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Xbox 360: RPG Title Announcement Media Event  (Read 19605 times)
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 11:48:36 PM »

Oh, Goddamnit...it's looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to use one of those 360 controllers...

Re: SO4, SO was one of the few RPG franchises which DID NOT feature some kind of post-apocalyptic element...until now...and that's why I've enjoyed it.

World War 3? Predicting world-shattering historical events in video-games is very BAD IDEA.

Plus, it seems it precedes the events of the rest of the SO games; how the hell did the Earth revive from complete and total global annihilation?

P.S. I also think it's hilarious that SO4 is subtitled "The Last Hope."
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2008, 11:49:32 PM »

Quote from: "Bernhardt"
Oh, Goddamnit...it's looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to use one of those 360 controllers...

You use your feet.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2008, 11:54:23 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Bernhardt"

You use your feet.

Always a comedian, eh, Eus?

I'm talking about how I don't like how the buttons are laid out from each other.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2008, 11:55:09 PM »

feet's where its at

Quote from: "Parn"
Looks like Square Enix is giving Bioware a run for their money with character models in Unreal 3.  I'm such a graphics whore.  What happened to me.

Lost Odyssey had some fine models running on the U3E - too bad about everything else tho...
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2008, 02:00:32 AM »

A blast from the past: here is an excerpt from Vic Ireland's statement about Working Designs ceasing production over 2 years:

"For the future, there are still great opportunities. I have been in touch with a number of other publishers and manufacturers and I will be working with some of the WD staff to do games for other publishers for the time being, but not as Working Designs. One thing that holds a ton of promise is xbox 360 RPGs, and I've contacted Microsoft about getting what's underway in Japan out in the US and helping to get more done worldwide. We'll see what happens on that front, but please let them know that you want more rpgs here. There's some amazing stuff coming for the '360 in Japan, and I know I want it - I think you will, too."

How many of us read that at the time and laughed?  And yet, it looks like Vic had better insight into the matter than most people.

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2008, 09:39:20 AM »

Quote from: "Parn"
Looks like Square Enix is giving Bioware a run for their money with character models in Unreal 3.  I'm such a graphics whore.  What happened to me.
The cut scenes look great but when you see the gameplay screenshots you can see that they have some aggressive LOD going on.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080610/rpg17.jpg
That is supposed to be a PR screenshot.
Hoping it looks better toward the games release though.

Quote from: "Robert Boyd"
"For the future, there are still great opportunities. I have been in touch with a number of other publishers and manufacturers and I will be working with some of the WD staff to do games for other publishers for the time being, but not as Working Designs. One thing that holds a ton of promise is xbox 360 RPGs, and I've contacted Microsoft about getting what's underway in Japan out in the US and helping to get more done worldwide. We'll see what happens on that front, but please let them know that you want more rpgs here. There's some amazing stuff coming for the '360 in Japan, and I know I want it - I think you will, too."
I know I at didn't laugh. I genuinely would like to know what this guy is up to right now and has he helped bring any of the current JRPGs stateside. He could have help bring LO and BD stateside.  He could have been responsible for Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3 coming our way.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2008, 05:18:28 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Dorkus"
He could have help bring LO and BD stateside.  He could have been responsible for Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3 coming our way.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Stop spewing nonsense. Technically we can't know everything, but LO was being designed with the western audiences in mind, and knowing that he has nothing to do with Atlus disqualifies the last two.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2008, 10:18:10 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
He could have help bring LO and BD stateside.  He could have been responsible for Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3 coming our way.

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Stop spewing nonsense. Technically we can't know everything, but LO was being designed with the western audiences in mind, and knowing that he has nothing to do with Atlus disqualifies the last two.
How am I spewing non sense? Do you know where he is currently working? I said I would like to know. It's been a least two years since he made that post. I would like to know what he is doing and has he taken part in bringing any current xbox 360 games stateside.

LO was never truly, especially at the time of its conception, intended for a western audience. There was a just a change in plans after Blue Dragon didn't change MS fortune in Japan. If you don't believe me look back and find the interviews toward the beginning of this generation you will see that I'm right about this.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2008, 10:24:23 PM »

He's certainly not at Atlus, and last anyone heard he was planning to start up a new company called Gaijin Works.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #159 on: June 11, 2008, 10:35:34 PM »

Just a brief interjection:

LOL VICTOR IRELAND.

Continue thread, please.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: June 11, 2008, 10:47:30 PM »

LO was never truly, especially at the time of its conception, intended for a western audience.

dunno about this, as the lip syncing was made for english - as the first voices recorded for the game was english...
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 11, 2008, 10:56:54 PM »

Quote from: "KeeperX"
LOL VICTOR IRELAND.

LuNAHR!

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: June 11, 2008, 11:12:38 PM »

Quote from: "calintz"

LO was never truly, especially at the time of its conception, intended for a western audience.

dunno about this, as the lip syncing was made for English - as the first voices recorded for the game was english...
Like I said look at the interviews when Mistwalker first announced that they were going work with Microsoft to create these games. Articles and interviews all point to it being part of Microsoft's plans to try and win Japan. It wasn't until after Blue Dragon was released that their (Mistwalker and Microsoft's tune changed.). In the end they may have decided to sync the voices to the market where the game had the chance of selling the most copies in the localization process but it had been there goal for this to be for Japanese audiences.

Heck wasn't until well after Blue Dragons Japanese release did we even know when they would release either game stateside. When they did simultaneous worldwide release became a big deal. Trust me I know. I impatiently waited for solid info on these games. You do have to give Microsoft credit for the great job they did localizing the game though even the thousand year dreams seem like they were written with us in the west in mind...but they really weren't.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: June 11, 2008, 11:58:50 PM »

How am I spewing non sense? Do you know where he is currently working? I said I would like to know. It's been a least two years since he made that post. I would like to know what he is doing and has he taken part in bringing any current xbox 360 games stateside.

You are spewing nonsense. Give it up man.

if Vic Ireland were working at ANY company, the first person to tell us would be (gasp) VIC IRELAND. And it would happen the moment he got signed to a company.

My guess? He's probably still trying to get Gaijinworks off the ground. Give the man some time. I guarantee you he's had no part in the localization of any 360 RPGs so far. Have you seen his name in endgame credits? No. This isn't some Vic Ireland conspiracy theory...the man took one company into bankruptcy, it's gonna be awhile (if ever) that we see his name on a game.

Ramza

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:51 AM »

I don't really think the release of either was very dubious at all, this Peter Moore interview kinda implies they were planning to release BD here shortly before it even came out in Japan, and I wouldn't be surprised to find some old news story saying SOMETHING about bringing them here.

Anyway, this kinda sidetracks from the fact that Victor Ireland really isn't doing anything these days while companies like Atlus release a bunch of games witht he same quality ratio WD had.

Ramza: I'd honestly expect Vic to be too spiteful to say anything to you guys, especially with the way we're talking here.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: