Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:05:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319063 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Who watch Bleach?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Who watch Bleach?  (Read 4452 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 08:24:59 PM »

Quote from: "Serene Prophet"
Ive watched tidbits here and there on AS.  My main problem with these types of shows is that they go on FOREVER.  I mean im not even against filler episodes, but when you have so many plus story episodes that you end up getting into the 200s of episode numbers, it just starts to drive me nuts.  Just to many episodes and it just gets to damn obnoxious.

That's why I liked Flame of Recca a lot.  As far as I can remember, there is only one "villian", Kurenai.

There definitely are some shows out there that could have been better series if they weren't milked so long.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »

As far as I know, Flame of Recca had the same long, drawn-out nature of any other shounen series in its manga form. The difference is that the anime was a bit more self-contained, and ended when it had to. It's fine to take forever in manga because it takes way less time to read than to watch a long, boring television show.

People should make more anime adaptations like that: You can use the anime to pique interest in the manga, but don't adapt the whole motherfucking thing into a television series.
Act00

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 04:19:18 AM »

I stopped watching at episode 36. It's an okay anime, but it's too generic "fantasy" and that's why I don't like Inuyasha in the first place. Where are the cool characters?

I just stick with D.Gray-Man.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2008, 04:33:12 AM »

I wouldn't call it generic "Fantasy", but it is generic television. Badly paced plotting, mediocre script, and characters you could find in just about any series without any style added.

In the end, Bleach isn't 'bad', but it's not even near 'good'. It's a mediocre, bland show, "bleached" as it were, from any colour that might make it worthwhile.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2008, 07:37:13 PM »

Bleach is the retarded offspring of Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakusho having sex.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »

Except y'know, both of those shows were pretty good. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »

He DID say it was the retarded offspring.

I'll still defend it as a decent enough watch, but with the filler arc having started I don't really care to follow it for quite awhile.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Except y'know, both of those shows were pretty good. :P

I'd say bleach is better than Yu Yu Hakusho(Although to it's credit I doubt bleach would even exist if not for YYH for some basic plot foundation stealing). The problem with YYH is it played the fighting tournament card and it went on for like 3/4ths of the series. I mean, I did enjoy the show, but doing that wasted a lot of it's potential.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 10:47:52 AM »

I like Bleach, but it reminds me a lot of RK and YYH, two shows I loved growing up when they were on Toonami.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 12:49:44 AM »

I haven't watched an episode in a while. I got up to 78, maybe I should watch it sometime soon.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: