Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:15:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329833 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Anime Advice: Cowboy Bebop
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Anime Advice: Cowboy Bebop  (Read 8064 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 06:29:50 AM »

I think I'm going to try Last Exile for the hell of it as well. Being a big Cowboy Bebop fan, it's worth a shot.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 11:06:23 AM »

Last Exile was an overhyped piece of shit. Aside from the animation, art, and opening theme, I wanted the time I wasted watching this back. It doesn't even have a frickin' plot until the last four episodes.
DarkSageRK
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 11:35:12 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Last Exile was an overhyped piece of shit. Aside from the animation, art, and opening theme, I wanted the time I wasted watching this back. It doesn't even have a frickin' plot until the last four episodes.

It's not that it didn't have a plot; it's that you didn't understand the plot.

The reason I recommended it was not because I find it to be the best anime of all time and just want to randomly recommend it to everyone. Like Hidoshi says, it has a unique style that's solid on all counts. It seems to me that Cowboy Bebop fans don't want to watch endless "mercenaries in space" shows. Rather, they want to expand their horizons and experience something original that contains parts of what they enjoy from other series. Last Exile is one series that should provide them this enjoyment.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:19 PM »

You can't understand what's not there. They tried meshing so many subplots together and it turned out like shit. Maybe it was because I was watching Gankutsuou at the same time, but LE sucks.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 02:24:06 PM »

This doesn't really fit Cowboy Bebop's style, but try Monster. The show is amazing and I think you'd have a hard time not liking it.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 03:59:18 PM »

You can't understand what's not there. They tried meshing so many subplots together and it turned out like shit. Maybe it was because I was watching Gankutsuou at the same time, but LE sucks.

Last Exile had a pretty solid story, and I don't believe it ever got that much hype. It does suffer on Claus' part because /his/ personal story isn't as strong, but with the powerful character of Alex Rowe, the relationship between Dio and Delphine, and just about all of Lavi's own struggle, it's definitely a potent piece of animated storytelling.

Perhaps you just didn't enjoy it? I don't know. I can't find much technical fault with it however, and I really did enjoy it.

Comparably you could actually accuse Cowboy Bebop of having no central plot, because overall it IS a bunch of subplots winding together. But that's certainly not one of its flaws.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 04:54:05 PM »

I'll watch it and decide for myself thanks.

Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Last Exile had a pretty solid story, and I don't believe it ever got that much hype. It does suffer on Claus' part because /his/ personal story isn't as strong, but with the powerful character of Alex Rowe, the relationship between Dio and Delphine, and just about all of Lavi's own struggle, it's definitely a potent piece of animated storytelling.

Perhaps you just didn't enjoy it? I don't know. I can't find much technical fault with it however, and I really did enjoy it.

Comparably you could actually accuse Cowboy Bebop of having no central plot, because overall it IS a bunch of subplots winding together. But that's certainly not one of its flaws.

I agree with everything in this post.  LE had a great plot that certainly kept me interested throughout.  Conversely, CB had almost no plot and could have easily been condensed into a shorter show or even a full length film to tell the main story.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 08:07:32 PM »

To me, LE was just awful. I hated Claus and wanted to stab Lavi, as both were annoying characters. It was made by Gonzo, in which 95% of their anime are all animation and no plot, and LE wasn't an exception. The plot didn't seemed focused on anything, throwing random crap out there and revealing stuff at the end, but my interest died well before that.

Maybe it's just me. I'm one of the few who hates FMA.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

I've never seen FMA either actually.

DarkSageRK
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 12:25:52 PM »

FMA was good. You'd have to try hard to hate it.

I think we can all simply conclude that dalucifer has no taste.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are? My tastes are awful because I don't like the same anime as you do? I hate FMA because Ed and Al are annoying, and I find their bickering and antics stupid and annoying. It's hard to like something where you hate the main characters.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 02:18:08 PM »

Guys. Simmer.

Flaming/baiting, etc etc. Rules blah blah blah. I think you get the point. :P
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:51 AM »

FMA was good. You'd have to try hard to hate it.

Not really. I hated it at first, but after seeing some of the later episodes I saw how awesome it was and rewatched it. But you can't blame someone for not liking something. While I like it now I consider the fact that it failed to interest me at first a failure on the part of the creators.
DarkSageRK
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2008, 03:46:02 PM »

Seriously, who the fuck do you think you are?

lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: