Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 06:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329994 Posts in 13523 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope  (Read 17176 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:02 AM »

Well, I'm really quite disappointed now that Star Ocean: The Last Hope is an Xbox 360 exclusive. I know it's only a timed exclusive but i'm still pretty annoyed. I am one who owns a PS3 and Wii (no 360...yet) and unfortunately, i'm not looking forward to this anymore.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 01:13:16 AM »

I am fine with this being on the 360. I own all three systems, and my 360 hasn't been used since Mass Effect so I need some RPG's for it. Lost Odyssey was disappointing compared to the hype, and although I enjoyed Blue Dragon quite a deal, it was also ultimately disappointing compared to the massive hype for it. I never did pick up Eternal Sonata, I might do that sometime.

This is the game I want the most for the 360, then Last Remnant and Tales of Vesperia (in terms of JRPG's). If we go with just RPG's, I'd say Mass Effect 2 is my most wanted.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 01:17:49 AM »

Quote from: "ShadowLaguna"
Well, I'm really quite disappointed now that Star Ocean: The Last Hope is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Everything in this post fits Last Remnant, not Star Ocean 4. It hasn't been stated as a definite exclusive, but that also means it may or may not be ported later on. They've said as much.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 02:00:34 AM »

True, but The Last Remnant has already been confirmed for PS3. Star Ocean has not at this time.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »

IGN
Square Enix producer Yoshinori Yamagishi cleared things up during a roundtable interview session that followed the press conference. Asked if the game is 360-only, he said, "We cannot announce anything on that. We can say that it will be released first [on the Xbox 360]. Whether we'll release it on the PS3 is undecided. We may release it, we may not."
In other words it is a timed exclusive but that aren't going to announce that it's coming to the PS3 just yet.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

i don't see how it says its a timed exclusive

timed exclusive assure that the game is coming to system A, then system B at a later date - in other words, sure fact that both consoles will get it

what Yoshinori Yamagishi has said, is that its undecided whether PS3 will get it, at the moment, which, for the moment, means its a XBox 360 exclusive

if they do then decide to port it to the PS3, then the XBox 360 has a timed exclusive - but not yet...
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 01:53:58 PM »

Isn't there already a discussion about this in another thread?

And here, I thought we were actually going to talk about the game itself, as opposed to the console it's going to be on.

But since we're at it already, I'd just like to say, I'm glad it's going to be on the XBox 360, because it's already established a library of games I'm interested in, versus the PS3, the only games on which I'm interested in are already on the 360 as well.

Glad I waited between 360 and PS3.

For the most part, I'm a one console man; I'd really prefer to only have to purchase one other console beside the Wii, in order to play the games I'd like to.
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 02:07:17 PM »

I'm happy that I'll actually get to play rpgs I want to play on my 360. As compared to the xbox which I bought, purchased many games for and now it's just a ddr machine, god knows I'm not playing Fable again. Still there's enough ps3 stuff to eventually warrant a purchase but I'm glad there's at least a couple of games to get me going before I get suckered in.

Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 02:21:08 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "ShadowLaguna"
Well, I'm really quite disappointed now that Star Ocean: The Last Hope is an Xbox 360 exclusive.

Everything in this post fits Last Remnant, not Star Ocean 4.

LR is multi already. How does that game fit, do you mean because it became a timed-exclusive by default?  Either way I get your point, the vagueness definitely could be the only way they have of hinting at it only being a timed-exclusive at this time given the situation, which I think is the case.

On the topic of LR, I'm rather saddened by the delay of LR because I'm going to have to be rather careful around the internet to avoid Last Remnant spoilers until the PS3 release due to the delay.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 02:35:32 AM »

i wouldn't think the delay would be that long, right?
it's Square Enix, and their lead platform for RPGs is the PS3, no?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 02:43:16 AM »

Their lead platform for RPGs is the DS, didn't you notice the fuckmillion games they've put out or announced for it?
Kos-mos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 03:06:11 AM »

Quote from: "calintz"
i wouldn't think the delay would be that long, right?
it's Square Enix, and their lead platform for RPGs is the PS3, no?

With FFXIII (and Versus XIII) on the PS3 I'd say that's a yes as far as consoles go.  As for the delay we don't know yet.  I hope it's not that long.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 03:31:31 AM »

Excluding handhelds, it depends on perception. Do you look at the weight of the game, or do you hold them each equally? FFXIII and FFvXIII crushes everything that the Xbox 360 has in regards to popularity, but if you throw that out then there's a slight edge to the Xbox. It has FFXI, and will get Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, and Infinite Undiscovery. The PS3 pretty much replaces SO4 and IU with the FFXIII titles and relies on BC for FFXI.

What gives a slight edge to the Xbox 360 would be the fact FFXI is in HD on it and that it has Project Sylpheed, a non-RPG but SE title nevertheless.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »

Mankind ventures forth to search for new planets to colonize because Earth is dying.

Who's betting we end up on a backwater redneck planet again?

artego

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »

I want to see more of this "ship that travels to different planets" aspect.

If they can make it feel like the exploration/travel aspect of Mass Effect, I will be very happy. Nothing makes you feel more like you're in a space setting then having a huge onscreen galaxy map where you select coordinates to travel to. :D

I also hope they make the battle system a bit more intuitive than 3. Menu spamming every few steps wasn't fun for the harder battles.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: