Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319584 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Star Ocean: The Last Hope
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Star Ocean: The Last Hope  (Read 16798 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2008, 01:30:16 PM »

Quote from: "Sabin"
Hi guys im new here.

I have been a big fan of this series but currently i own a PS3, PSP and PC for my gaming pleasures i havent really been intrested in X360 before but if this game does not come to PS3 im going to get me one.

I have to admit, I never thought I'd be keen on getting a 360 either. Especially after their media blitz and getting Frodo to do the TV special unveiling it.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »

I think a lot of folks are surprised (either pleasantly or unpleasantly) with how well the 360 is doing in multiple markets.  Not just gamers, but corporate/business types as well in the gaming industry.  

I mean, it was semi-headline news last week that Sony's posting a 3.3 billion dollar loss on the PS3 (and I'm sure they've bled more money since then), since they're selling it below manufacturing cost, it hasn't been selling as well as they'd like, and it's going to take something fierce for them to recoup that cost.

I approve of this nonsense!
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Quote from: "Sabin"
Hi guys im new here.

I have been a big fan of this series but currently i own a PS3, PSP and PC for my gaming pleasures i havent really been intrested in X360 before but if this game does not come to PS3 im going to get me one.

I have to admit, I never thought I'd be keen on getting a 360 either. Especially after their media blitz and getting Frodo to do the TV special unveiling it.

What I'm worried about are THE THREE RED RINGS OF DEATH.

Quote from: "Dincrest"
I mean, it was semi-headline news last week that Sony's posting a 3.3 billion dollar loss on the PS3 (and I'm sure they've bled more money since then), since they're selling it below manufacturing cost, it hasn't been selling as well as they'd like, and it's going to take something fierce for them to recoup that cost.

Can't remember where I read/heard it, but Sony's supposed to be releasing a cheaper, stripped-down version of the PS3; don't know how they're going to do that, though.

If the games are Blu-Ray discs, I don't think they're going to strip out the Blu-Ray functionality; I think there's already a 20GB model out, and you kind of need that harddrive space, since you actually install the games on the harddrive.
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »

i was - but mine is still going strong - i really don't think its a problem with consoles made after 2008 or something
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

The Elite models don't seem to have any problems and I believe the new Jesper or Jasper or whatever chipset installed on newer 360s released this summer should fix things.  

Still, it's not like consoles haven't had problems in the past.  First generation PSones would overheat, first generation PS2's were very glitchy, a lot of people talked about first gen Dreamcasts and GameCube's dying on them.  And anyone who had an NES had to do all kinds of crazy and weirdo things to get it to work right.  

Sure some of the 360's problems and glitches may be more excessive than what's happened on other consoles in the past, but it's not like other consoles haven't had notable failure rates.

I approve of this nonsense!
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »

Never really experienced console failures before, so I wouldn't know, though I've at least heard of problems with current and previous gen consoles.

NEVER heard of problems with the SNES.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2008, 09:32:59 PM »

The X360 is way worse than the other systems about it due to the fairly short life span and the fact some of those others can be fixed if one has enough know how. The X360 has an irreplaceable chip basically melt down and become unusable.
Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2008, 10:46:08 AM »

Looks like we can expect first impressions of this game next month at TGS. Confirmed as playable.
http://www.gamekyo.com/news28972_star-ocean-the-last-hope-playable-at-tgs-2008.html

Supposedly TLH battle music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iAXwFTPSA&fmt=18

reminds me of TOV a bit.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 10:50:36 AM by Lord Dorkus » Logged
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2008, 11:06:07 AM »

Other than FFXIII, this is my most wanted game. I definitely want to see some gameplay vids.

mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2008, 11:09:14 AM »

That's good news. And, apparently, it'll be rated M, like The Last Remnant.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/09/10/star-ocean-4-and-the-last-remnant-are-playable-at-tgs/

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »

That's good news. And, apparently, it'll be rated M, like The Last Remnant.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/09/10/star-ocean-4-and-the-last-remnant-are-playable-at-tgs/

Holy crap I didn't realize The Last Remnant was rated mature, thats crazy.

Blood, Language,
 Suggestive Themes, Violence

Thats what the ESRB has listed. Kind of awesome because it's the rare M rated game by Square Enix (the only others I remember are Parasite Eve)

ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »

A Star Ocean game being rated M? Wow...

I might be wrong, but I believe Drakengard (and it's sequel) is rated M also.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2008, 07:06:55 PM »

Since people will gloss over this if I don't do it this way:

STAR OCEAN 4 IS NOT RATED IN AMERICA YET

The article noted that it shared the rating Last Remnant had in Japan, but that doesn't really guarantee anything, as a C rated game could be T here either due to differing standards or censorship.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:09:05 PM by Eusis » Logged
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:05 PM »

Reminds me of this:

"Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne was rated "All Ages" by the CERO, rated M by the ESRB, and rated 12+ by PEGI and the USK. This is due to societal and cultural differences. Some American gamers consider the ESRB to be harsher than its foreign counterparts. However, Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne is the only game that was rated "All Ages" by the CERO and rated M by the ESRB."

But that's just an extreme example of different ratings.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 09:36:37 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2008, 11:04:51 PM »

Since people will gloss over this if I don't do it this way:

STAR OCEAN 4 IS NOT RATED IN AMERICA YET

The article noted that it shared the rating Last Remnant had in Japan, but that doesn't really guarantee anything, as a C rated game could be T here either due to differing standards or censorship.

I almost missed that. Make it bigger next time.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: