Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 06:33:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338408 Posts in 13853 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Last Remnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: The Last Remnant  (Read 50866 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »

Quote from: "ShadowLaguna"

I say it's like KH mainly because it's supposed to be some sort of action RPG.

Action RPG?  But in looking at screens and the literature in the media, isn't Last Remnant supposed to be turn-based?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Sapphire_Fate

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 03:34:59 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
Lets see how it does.  New Squeenix titles tend to be a hit (TWEWY) or a miss (Drag-on Dragoon).

I for one, am optimistic.  Yay for Last Reme..menement!

Drakengard wasn't a miss as far as sales go =O
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 03:45:26 PM »

Lets see how it does.  New Squeenix titles tend to be a hit or a miss.

Isn't that the same for every title?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 09:26:14 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I'm a selfish bastard that has a PS3 and not a 360, that's why. I plan on buying a 360 soon anyways, but I still wanted it for the PS3.

Just as long as you know it's less moneyhats and more Epic Games!

Oh, and keep in mind the alternative is making X360 owners wait way longer just because the PS3 development is being held up. I'd rather not wait on a game for a reason like that.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 12:20:06 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Lets see how it does.  New Squeenix titles tend to be a hit or a miss.

Isn't that the same for every title?

Sort of.  My concerns vary company to company.  

Capcom, for example, I become increasingly worried with each new installment to all 10 franchises they have (milked till its beyond commercially viable)

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 06:21:52 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
I'm a selfish bastard that has a PS3 and not a 360, that's why. I plan on buying a 360 soon anyways, but I still wanted it for the PS3.

Oh, and keep in mind the alternative is making X360 owners wait way longer just because the PS3 development is being held up. I'd rather not wait on a game for a reason like that.

That's okay though. Even after delays, by the time the PS3 owners finish installing the game, the 360 version will be out. :P
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 08:07:14 AM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Quote from: "Eusis"

That's okay though. Even after delays, by the time the PS3 owners finish installing the game, the 360 version will be out. :P

As long as 360 owners interested in the game are not waiting for their new 360 console to arrive from tech support ;)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 08:43:20 AM »

Fatal Inertia, another multiplatform UE3 game, was first released on Xbox 360 in retail, then it made its way to PSN in updated form. If The Last Remnant follows the same path and makes its way to the PSN, then maybe I`ll give it a chance(provided it doesn`t cost more than 10-15 bucks). I`d never pay 60 for a Hiroshi Takai game, not after The Bouncer fiasco.

That and Xbox 360 retail games don`t deserve to be anything more than a cheap PSN download when they are ported over to the PS3. Different platforms, different standards. :P :P :P
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"

I bought the PS3 version because the X360 controller was awful for that game. I beat all the PS2 DMC's and played the demo of both versions of DMC4 and couldn't stand the 360 version because of the controller, so thats why I went with the PS3 version. The install time doesn't bother me at all. It's the entire point of the PS3's hardrive.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 01:19:18 PM »

Who cares about installing...
Who remembers Wing Commander 2 on the PC that had I think 26 disks to install, then another 7 or so for the speech pack.
THAT took a long time.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 02:48:36 PM »

Quote from: "Jonathan Ingram"
Fatal Inertia, another multiplatform UE3 game, was first released on Xbox 360 in retail, then it made its way to PSN in updated form. If The Last Remnant follows the same path and makes its way to the PSN, then maybe I`ll give it a chance(provided it doesn`t cost more than 10-15 bucks). I`d never pay 60 for a Hiroshi Takai game, not after The Bouncer fiasco.

That and Xbox 360 retail games don`t deserve to be anything more than a cheap PSN download when they are ported over to the PS3. Different platforms, different standards. :P :P :P

PSN = PlayStation Nation? Or PlayStation Network?

...shut up, I like my idea better.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"

I really couldn't care about installing. But if that means picking up a chick during the process, i'm there!

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 05:54:45 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
I bought the PS3 version because the X360 controller was awful for that game.

Aside from left analog stick placement, the controllers have a virtually identical interface.

Explain.

Quote from: "daschrier"
Who remembers Wing Commander 2 on the PC that had I think 26 disks to install, then another 7 or so for the speech pack.
THAT took a long time.

UNPACKING MODULE.000 ......................................................................
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 06:13:55 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"
Quote from: "Blace"
I bought the PS3 version because the X360 controller was awful for that game.

Aside from left analog stick placement, the controllers have a virtually identical interface.

Explain.

Quote from: "daschrier"
THAT took a long time.

UNPACKING MODULE.000 ......................................................................

I had WC2 on floppy, and you, sir, are exaggerating!  It was only 7 discs, plus three for the speech pack.  Of course, I may have had a later version that had better compression.

Additionally, there's one main difference with the 360 controller that I have, and those are the bumpers.  At least for NHL 08, a game I've played heavily on both platforms, the R1 and L1 buttons feel better than the LB and RB buttons.  But that's a minor, minor thing.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: