Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 04:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332943 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Last Remnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: The Last Remnant  (Read 50467 times)
Xenma Akimaru
I AM UNMARKED

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2009, 03:08:35 AM »

I dont think its a bug just make shure to kill all monsters in the area cause the monsters flying you cant get to untill your on the lift and its going down.....

RPG'S FTW (ForTheWin)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2009, 04:12:56 AM »

Phew, I finally got past the 3 boss sequence at Nagapur. Damn, that was tough, I had to reload a save I had before entering the dungeon, I didn't have any revival herbs left. That was a very poor design decision.
This part sure forced me to understand the game a lot better. There's just so much that isn't explained.

It's funny though because I'm enjoying the game a lot, despite of its flaws and the frustrations it can cause. I've never seen the game over screen so many times in a jrpg.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 13, 2009, 07:40:59 AM »

I finally finished it. Phew! I'm glad I gave it a change, I really enjoyed it.

It's amazing how much of the game you don't see if you don't go out of your way to do the sidequests. Unlocking new characters is already a great incentive but getting to see some of the most beautiful locations/cities in the game that you wouldn't see otherwise is very cool.
I don't know how many hours I played it but it was definitely very long. I did all the sidequests I could find. The game is very hard even after you figure out the battle system. I don't think I ever saw the game over screen so many times in a jrpg. It's funny though because I defeated the final boss on my first try, by the time I got there my characters were pretty strong and I became very good at it, thanks to the sidequests mostly, it was a very hard fight though and the initial learning curve in this game is mercyless.

I enjoyed the ending, the game is beautiful (caves and mines are pretty dull though) and the whole concept of the remnants is very cool though it had potential for more. They could have done a better job explaining some aspects of the story too.

I don't know about the 360 version but if you like jrpgs, a good challenge and don't mind learning a battle system that is different from anything else, you should give the PC version a try.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: May 13, 2009, 07:05:02 PM »

I'm playing the PC version now.  Battles seemed so easy at first, almost like an 'auto-battle' feature was on, but I had a sense that there was a lot more going on than I realized. 

I'm now getting destroyed.  But, the whole system is intriguing enough for me to farm materials, upgrade my gear, and try to figure out what the heck I'm missing.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2009, 04:52:41 AM »

I'm playing the PC version now.  Battles seemed so easy at first, almost like an 'auto-battle' feature was on, but I had a sense that there was a lot more going on than I realized. 

I'm now getting destroyed.  But, the whole system is intriguing enough for me to farm materials, upgrade my gear, and try to figure out what the heck I'm missing.

Using Rush's blackout and David's gae bolg is the key. Fights that seem impossible can be won with a single attack. Check gamefaqs to see how to increase the probability of using these attacks.
Also, don't forget to be careful with your battle rank.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »

I'm at a point where I have two guest unions, one of which is David's.  I can't control them, but I thought it'd be enough to do the Bluejaw sidequest in Gaslin Cave.  Surprisingly, I still can't win.  Perhaps I need to take the next step in the story before I can begin my work in earnest.

What do you mean by 'careful' with battle rank?  Can it go down if I perform poorly?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2009, 05:36:46 AM »

I'm at a point where I have two guest unions, one of which is David's.  I can't control them, but I thought it'd be enough to do the Bluejaw sidequest in Gaslin Cave.  Surprisingly, I still can't win.  Perhaps I need to take the next step in the story before I can begin my work in earnest.

What do you mean by 'careful' with battle rank?  Can it go down if I perform poorly?

Check out the previous pages of this thread.

Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 16, 2009, 10:11:18 AM »

Heh, i'm on my third play through. Just got the PC version, MUCH better than the 360 version if you have a multi-core processor and a good video card. You guys should check out the GameFAQs board for info on gathering materials and the rare spawn mob conditions for your guild ranks. Its insane how much content they hid in that game than 99.9% of the players will miss. Wait till you start trying to craft the Weapon Arts weapons. It sucks but Heaven's Gate does so much sexy damage its worth it. Have any of you beaten The Fallen yet? I dare say there's a good dozen or so uber bosses and no less than 100 rare monsters to hunt (probably more). I've spent a good 240 hours trying to do a complete run through the game.

BTW don't put much stock into IGNs reviews, most of them don't even play the game to completion before writing their review much less delve into optional content (which is the bulk of this game). The PC version removes the restriction on leaders in party, so you have fill up with characters instead of bit soldiers. Also, it runs much smoother, has full 360 controller support and plays decently with the keyboard though the mouse usage is pretty limited. Make sure you go through the options thoroughly before you play through because they've added a lot of options.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:18:13 AM by Tenchi-no-Ryu » Logged
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 17, 2009, 09:53:38 AM »

Is this game any good? I hear it's coming out for the PS3 as a port so I'm still thinking if I should get it as well. :P

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 17, 2009, 11:24:20 AM »

Strangely, in this nega-verse, no one has given their opinion on the game in this 20 page thread.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 17, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »

This game good. It has good graphics and good music. Also good gameplay. It is good in many ways. I like main character.

I would give it four stars.

Out of five.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: May 18, 2009, 04:44:23 AM »

Like I said, if you like jrpgs you won't regret getting the pc version, it's a great game. I recomend it to anyone who is still having second thoughts. Just check gamefaqs for some basic info to make your live easier. You should learn the rules before getting started, the game doesn't spell it out for you.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: February 26, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

Sorry to revive this very old thread but I wanted to say that I just bought this on the 360 and should have it in the mail in the next few days.  I'm going to install the game because I hear if you don't, the game is almost unplayable and by doing the install option, it is much better.  Any tips or advice for a new player?  I heard this is similar to SaGa.  I'm fully prepared since I own and have beaten the SaGa games, well I don't own Unlimited SaGa.

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:53 AM »

Sorry to revive this very old thread but I wanted to say that I just bought this on the 360 and should have it in the mail in the next few days.  I'm going to install the game because I hear if you don't, the game is almost unplayable and by doing the install option, it is much better.  Any tips or advice for a new player?  I heard this is similar to SaGa.  I'm fully prepared since I own and have beaten the SaGa games, well I don't own Unlimited SaGa.

Return it and get the PC version. I'm not even kidding, the difference is night and day. You're seriously screwing yourself over with the threeshitty version. Installing it wont solve the design issues made to fit the game on the 360.

Once you're done with that, my advice is to try avoid grinding. Like many SaGa games before it, grinding can and will screw you over if you're not careful about it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: February 26, 2011, 12:35:26 PM »

Really? The 360 version installation won't help?  I hear tons of people say good things about it.  SO if I grind I can get too overpowered?  Do enemies level up with you or something?

Currently Playing-Xenoblade Chronicles
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: