Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 06:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335316 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  The Last Remnant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: The Last Remnant  (Read 50720 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:50 PM »

- Enemies level with you somewhat.
- Being too high level bugs special move evolution.
- Being too high level bugs weapon evolution.
- Stats are not gained with levels, but gained after hard battles. Thus, keeping your level the lowest possible and only fighting rare monsters/bosses (avoiding nearly every single normal battle) will yield more stats.
- Special attacks and spells level up by being used a lot. Totally random when it actually happens though.
- Level = BR
- No one knows when or why BR goes up... it just does at moments.
- Avoiding battles in the safest way to not BR up.
- A lot of characters can be missed, very tight schedules/windows for recruitment. (use a FAQ)
- Characters can be physical / middle / magical.
- Using physical makes it physical, magical magical and a bit of both for middle.
- Characters will sometime ask you what they should train, your answer will make them go physical / middle / magical.
- A fully physical character can become useless if he somehows ends up 'magical'.
- Special moves learned and weapon evolutions depend on physical / middle / magical.
- Only hero can buy / equip weapons, NPCs need to evolve weapons.
- NPCs evolve weapons by taking specific drops after battle, but it's not 100%. Buying the drops does nothing, needs to battle drop.
- Most weapon evolution require a lot of ginding. Grinding raises BR. You are screwed.
- You cannot go back to an old weapon if you get the wrong one.
- When NPCs have their ultimate weapon, they will keep pestering you because they'll want to upgrade to the middle weapon of the same tier. (which is bad, unless you do want him to be middle)
- Making an NPC middle or having a middle weapon means making him totally useless. (only 2-3 exceptions)
- Some weapon evolutions are bugged and won't ever happen.
- Some weapon evolutions make no sense and will yield a weapon of opposite stat to the character fighting style.
- Fighting styles can evolve into strong, quick or swift. Totally random. Sometimes unlearn randomly too.

This game's system is really awful and hidden. Most people on the PC used trainers to unbug or unscrew themselves.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »

Really? The 360 version installation won't help?  I hear tons of people say good things about it.  SO if I grind I can get too overpowered?  Do enemies level up with you or something?
The 360 installation will help smooth out some of the technical issues, but the PC version will go even further. And I hear grinding's more of a problem on the 360 than the PC actually!
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »

Oh well, I really dont mind to be honest.  I'm not really big on PC games as much anymore.  I guess when Diablo III ships, that will change again,lol.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2011, 06:59:22 PM »

Oh well, I really dont mind to be honest.  I'm not really big on PC games as much anymore.  I guess when Diablo III ships, that will change again,lol.

For whatever it's worth it's recommended you play with the 360 controller anyway, so if that's an option then you can pretty much play as if it were a souped up 360.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2011, 07:24:49 PM »

For whatever it's worth it's recommended you play with the 360 controller anyway, so if that's an option then you can pretty much play as if it were a souped up 360.

Yeah, the PC version is the way to go no matter how you look at it. I actually thought the game was pretty good, nobody talks about it because the only version worth playing is on PC, that's obviously where all the jrpg fans are...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: February 26, 2011, 09:10:36 PM »

So, if I stick with the 360 version and dismiss the superior PC version, and I install the game to correct some of the flaws, what all will I be griping at?  I'm sure the game is playable...

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: February 26, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

So, if I stick with the 360 version and dismiss the superior PC version, and I install the game to correct some of the flaws, what all will I be griping at?  I'm sure the game is playable...

I played a huge portion of the game on the 360 after installation. Believe me, texture pop in and slowdown won't magically disappear after you install, but will be a little more tolerable. TLR is a mess, and overall, it aint worth playing through to the end imo.

The title theme was the best part of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1AebAP9Yvs

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: February 26, 2011, 10:25:08 PM »

Oh well, if I hate it I only spent about $10 on Amazon.com brand new. I can just take it to GameStop for a few bucks but maybe i'll really like it.

Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »

I played the 360 version and enjoyed it. Flawed, but certainly playable.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »

Oh well, if I hate it I only spent about $10 on Amazon.com brand new. I can just take it to GameStop for a few bucks but maybe i'll really like it.

Just go into it with low expectations. Also for $10 brand new, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I did find it rather mediocre from what I played of it, but you may differ. Best to find out yourself.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »

Enjoy the music at the very least.  [Un]fortunately, it was the best part about it.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: February 27, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »

I've heard the soundtrack.  I loved it.  Are any of you guys SaGa fans?  Maybe thats why some didnt like it because SaGa Frontier II sorta had the same battle mechanics I guess.  THey are very different games.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: February 27, 2011, 07:39:04 PM »

Enjoy the music at the very least.  [Un]fortunately, it was the best part about it.

Some locations are beautiful, I remember this town that is build over a lake, it's really amazing, I think you only see it if you do certain sidequests, there are quite a few places that you wont see if you only follow the main story, some of those were my favorites.
The battle system is good once you get the hang of it. The 360 has some significant differences though like only allowing one leader per party, that sucks.
Like so many jrpgs, the game has a cool concept (the remnants) but doesn't explore it to it's full potential. There are some cool epic moments though. It really isn't a bad game.

Re-releasing the game with all the improvements of the PC version and a bit more polish at a budget price on both consoles wouldn't be a bad idea. A lot of PS3 owners would probably get it and the 360 owners that didn't buy it because of bad reviews might give it a shot.
Like I said, in a time where decent jrpgs are rare, it's a shame that the best version of a pretty decent game is only available for PC.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: March 02, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »

I'll get to this game eventually, im just glad I got it for "Real Low Cheap" :)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: