Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319242 Posts in 13035 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  4 New Mizuguchi Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 4 New Mizuguchi Games  (Read 2872 times)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2006, 01:13:35 PM »

http://ps2.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3149981

Tetsuya Mizuguchi and his company Q Entertainment have apparently inked a deal with Disney subsidiary Buena Vista Games. In short, they will publish four new games: Lumines 2 and Every Extend Extra for PlayStation Portable, a PlayStation 2 version of Lumines and a Disney version of Meteos for the DS. Thoughts?
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:09:19 PM »

Lumines for the PS2? I'm totally there! I loved Lumines on the PSP, and I would definitely buy it for the PS2 as long as the price is right. As for the other games on the list.. meh. I don't have a DS or PSP (anymore) so I don't really care much about those games.

You know what I'd really like to see Mizuguchi work on, though? Sequels to Rez and Space Channel 5. Those games are AWESOME, and seriously deserve sequels.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 02:16:31 PM »

Problem is Mizuguchi is not with Sega anymore. And Space Channel 5 and Rez, despite being his brainchilds, are Sega's and not his IPs. Since he left Sega back then, because he apparently did not like his team (United Game Artists) becoming a part of Sonic Team, I don't see Mizuguchi coming back anytime soon. In particular, because he now has a considerably greater amount of creative freedom and with Lumines has already enjoyed a commercial success (much more than during his last years at Sega, because let's face it, despite all the critical acclaim it received, Rez was anything but a blockbuster title).
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

From Eurogamer's interview with Mizuguchi:

Eurogamer: If SEGA came to you and asked you to do another Rez though, would you be interested in doing one?

Tetsuya Mizuguchi: I'm currently seriously considering it. It's always there. I'm always thinking about it. [Grinning] Also Space Channel 5.

Be still, my beating heart.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:31:03 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"

Eurogamer: If SEGA came to you and asked you to do another Rez though, would you be interested in doing one?

Tetsuya Mizuguchi: I'm currently seriously considering it. It's always there. I'm always thinking about it. [Grinning] Also Space Channel 5.

I'm sure quite a few developers who left their companies would do the same if given the option.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 02:37:56 PM »

Maybe I'm reading too much into his answer, but the  "I'm currently seriously considering it" part sounds to me like he actually has the option to somehow create sequels to Rez and Space Channel 5. And very few things would make me happier, than that happening.
JetEnduro

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »

Quote from: "Cauton"

That would be so sweet!! I love Rez and Space Channel 5!! Well the first SC5 anyways the second one was a bit mediocre.

Also Lumines 2!!! Good news the first one was the sole reason I kept my psp.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 03:26:07 PM »

Lumines 2 to be Americanized.  This makes me sad. I could accept New Order, Chemical Brothers and Fatboy Slim. But Black-Eyed Peas and Gwen Stefani, for God's sake. Guess I'll import this one from Japan.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 03:36:45 PM »

Makes me wish Ubisoft just kept it. Not that I'm against adding new songs or something, but unless I'm missing something, Lumines had all the original songs, and people /loved/ that. Plus why do this to Lumines 2? Why not make a new game that's a special version for America?

This definitely is one of the last games that needed to be americanized.

Edit: Though to be fair, the game also is coming out earlier... And I half expect there to be enough backlash for them to do something to make up for this, unless of course, these are all simply being added, and nothing is /removed/. Plus I haven't heard what the Japanese release will have.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: