Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:26:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335272 Posts in 13727 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Rumor: Mega Man 9 being made
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Rumor: Mega Man 9 being made  (Read 11609 times)
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2008, 12:11:16 AM »

Oh, stop.  :P  Two bucks to play as Protoman is awesome.

WHEN DO I GET TO PLAY AS ROLL HOLY SHIT.
Roll costume can be bought within the game.

[/url]
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2008, 03:59:51 PM »

Been playing for a few hours straight so far. Either I just suck or the stages are downright brutal, especially tornado man's. 6/8 robot masters beaten so far though. Jewel Man's weapon is pretty broken lol.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2008, 05:53:28 PM »

Oh, stop.  :P  Two bucks to play as Protoman is awesome.

WHEN DO I GET TO PLAY AS ROLL HOLY SHIT.
Roll costume can be bought within the game.

BEST GAME EVER.

I'll be waiting to grab the game on PSN.

Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2008, 08:22:36 PM »

I poked around with it before I started in on my home work. Concrete Man's stage kicks my ass.

Loving it though.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »

I think it's safe to say MM9 is no longer a rumor.

Also, I saw some rumblings of future downloadable content. Among these things was a removal of the three shot cap... for $3.

I'm not against the downloads. The Protoman add-on is actually pretty cool, in my opinion. But things like a $3 stream of shots seems like little more than a rip off. No one's forcing anyone to buy it, but it seems like something that should have been included :/

Ack, bad news about that Roll costume:
Roll costume just makes Roll, in the shop, look like her Megaman 8 self. It's not a Roll costume for Megaman or anything like that. She isn't playable.

Looks like I was wrong again about that DLC:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170076

What we're getting actually looks pretty cool.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 12:04:00 AM by everluck » Logged

[/url]
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2008, 10:54:50 PM »

Kinda lame that harder difficulty levels are something you have to pay for.

Man, I've been listening to the stage music on youtube and stuff...I'm pumped and ready for this game. It can't come out on XBL any sooner. =P
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2008, 10:24:04 AM »

Initial thoughts were: Why does every care, they've exploited the franchise and ran it into the ground already. But seeing screens and the video now I want it too :P

Edit: Ooh, it's out. What I get for just reading first two pages without looking at the date.

Edit 2-I can summon my dog if I do the protoman whistle. I'm going to ignore that any whistle will do and chalk that up as awesome.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:07:52 PM by Raze » Logged
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2008, 02:40:14 PM »

So I beat the game on the regular mode. Lemme tell ya, not the hardest Wily fight, which is a shame. But looking at some of the challenges... no, I don't think I'll be going through the game without taking any damage.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2008, 03:09:54 PM »

Beaten it already huh? Good job!

It was amusing watching you wipe to nearly every stage but Splash Woman and Galaxy Man initially. :p

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2008, 06:26:58 PM »

It's not too bad once you get used to it.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2008, 12:44:37 AM »

Most of the Master Robot stages aren't bad at all after a few times through them. Wily's Fortress though...dang...kicks my butt all over the place once I get to the third stage. I still managed to finish it today though. Pretty sweet entry in the series if you ask me. Probably the best since MM3.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

Just got it today, got through the 8 bosses in about an hour of recorded playtime. Actual playtime was probably more like 2 hours, for the few times I reset the game. Pretty brutal difficulty level, though the bosses are embarrassingly easy. The weapons are actually useful this time around, without being broken like Metal Blade. Jewel Satellite comes pretty close, though.

Great game, definately worth the $10.

As for Roll costume...maybe if Capcom hears all these hopes that people wanted to play as Roll for some dumb reason they'll put it in as a bonus later. :P For now, I guess you should be satisfied playing as her on Powered Up.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2008, 01:52:42 PM »

Heh, I haven't posted on this topic in a long time, well, the game is a masterpiece, in my opinion. A proper throwback to the classics that started the Mega Man craze, and not just any throwback, but a well though-out throwback, with new features that is making it enjoyable for me to play through. I have three robot masters left to defeat; they're Tornado Man, Magma Man, and Plug Man. Man, I have to say, Tornado Man's stage is hell reincarnate.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »

Like all other megaman games, it gets pretty easy once you get through them the first time. Well, relatively, anyway.

One thing that's really bothered me about the game is the lack of backgrounds. They claimed they wanted to have some great looking 8-bit graphics...and even though a lot of the new enemies are really cool like the Fire Dragon, the backgrounds are largely solid black, which is something that makes it look kinda lazy. Feels like they just painted it all black so we wouldn't notice the lack of detail.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: