Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Deathnote the movie!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Deathnote the movie!!!  (Read 1615 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »

OMG this is gonna be great.  As a side note, I'm really glad this manga is getting the live action treatment instead of an anime.
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 05:45:24 PM »

I enjoyed the manga up till a certain point, but after that it just didn't hold my interest as it did when it first started. I'm interested to see how the live-action movie will turn out - I hope it's just as good as the beginning/middle portion of the manga was.

I guess I'll put my reason in hidden spoiler territory. For the record, I read up to volume 8 in scanlations, so it might be old news or *huge spoiler* to whoever reads further.

Code:
When L is finally killed, I stuck with the manga but the interaction between Light and L was the best part for me. When other characters like L were introduced, it just wasn't the same. Maybe I'll pick it up again as it's released in English.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »

No srsly. Lame.
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 12:31:34 PM »

While the trailer is pretty bad, I'm relatively confident it'll be a decent movie.
I just hope it comes State-side...which it very well could, at least with a straight-to-DVD release.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: