Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 08:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335169 Posts in 13724 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Etrian Odyssey 2
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey 2  (Read 3432 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2008, 10:20:16 PM »

Alright, so who around here is playing this? How far are you? Who's in your party? How do you like it? Etc.

I just started today and I'm having a great time. I got extremely far in the first game and never completed it and I'm looking forward to making this game my bitch. I love all the new classes and creating my party was a very satisfying experience.

Currently, I've got a protector and survivalist in the front row and a gunner, medic, and hexer in the back. I've just been grinding on the first floor for a couple of hours.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 11:35:08 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised this got overlooked here since I've seen it talked about enough. Personally, I haven't picked it up since I still need to beat the original and I have no idea when I'll do that.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 02:48:28 AM »

I really want to try this.  It looks fun, has an old school vibe but cool visuals.  But I want to get FFTA2 first, so I wont be getting EO2 until next month.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 10:58:23 AM »

I have it, and have gotten to the Second Stratum. Got some decent levels when trying to fulfill a quest where I have to stay and fight in the Labyrinth for three days (although I've not been able to complete it :/).

Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 12:16:26 PM »

Got to play this a little bit before bed last night. Finished the first mission of mapping the 1st floor of the forest. And leveled my party up once. I'll probably head back and just work their levels up and get some more cash for equipment.

My current party is:
Front - Landsknecht & Protector
Back - Gunner, War Magus, & Alchemist

All I ever heard about the first one was that it was really hard so I'm expecting the same here.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »

Quote from: "Jonio"
Got to play this a little bit before bed last night. Finished the first mission of mapping the 1st floor of the forest. And leveled my party up once. I'll probably head back and just work their levels up and get some more cash for equipment.

My current party is:
Front - Landsknecht & Protector
Back - Gunner, War Magus, & Alchemist

All I ever heard about the first one was that it was really hard so I'm expecting the same here.

Basically, there is a big choke point right at the start of the the second level where you have to fight these elk-monsters. It is was exactly the same in the first game. Grinding high enough to beat that part is a serious bitch but once you get through that, the difficulty evens out a bit.

Quote from: "Der Jermeister"
I have it, and have gotten to the Second Stratum. Got some decent levels when trying to fulfill a quest where I have to stay and fight in the Labyrinth for three days (although I've not been able to complete it :/).

Yeah, that quest is boring. I haven't gotten that far in the second one but you have to do the exact same thing in the first game. Thankfully, you could stay near a fountain and refresh yourself whenever you wanted. Now, maybe in the second one there are no fountains around.
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 02:50:11 PM »

Already beat it :)

Game gets insanely tough in the last stratum...

No immunize in this game guys...

JP
Larahl

Say, fuzzy pickles.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:47:08 PM »

Argh, I still need to finish the original.
I'll probably do that soon.

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »

You could make a party consisting entirely of pandas. I want this :(

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »

Working through the first game still.
The first stratum was tough to get through, but now that I have decent skills I managed to clear 6, 7, and 8 in one day easily.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2008, 03:05:47 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
You could make a party consisting entirely of pandas. I want this :(

Are you serious? Why haven't I bought this yet?!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 07:51:45 PM »

I never even got past the first stratum in EO1. *bows head in shame*

Anyway, got EO2 in the mail today. Ronin=awesome.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »

Finally picked this up. I'm already loving it. I played through the entire first game and I love the improvements from the first game.

I started out with a Protector,Landsnecktchhcalhflaf,Gunner,Medic and Survivalist. But then I decided I wanted something different so I made a new party that is a Ronin,War Magus,Gunner,Protector and Survivalist. I think I'll have more fun with this party. Can't wait to venture deeper into the dungeon!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 12:07:30 AM »

I bought this yesterday, but I'm debating on whether or not to start on it since I only just completed the first task on the first EO...

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »

Quote from: "Spoony Mage"
I bought this yesterday, but I'm debating on whether or not to start on it since I only just completed the first task on the first EO...

There's no reason story wise to play through the first if you wanted to jump to the second game. Character customization is sooo much better in the second game, though.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: