Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 10:07:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334632 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Etrian Odyssey 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Etrian Odyssey 2  (Read 3422 times)
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 07:23:21 PM »

EO2 is way harder than EO1. Lots more grinding to be done and far more insanely cheap boss monsters. Bosses basically require you to debuff them beyond all belief to even be playable.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 07:59:22 PM »

I took this on vacation with me and finally got somewhere. I'm about halfway through the second strata. As I said earlier, this game is a lot harder than the first. FOEs are much more common and much more of a pain in the ass. Still, I'm loving it, deeply. The classes seem much better balanced this time through as well (which is surprising considering that there are more of them) and there are more builds that seem actually viable than there were formerly  (yes, even Hexers).

Anyone still playing this? How far have you made it?
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:40 PM »

I'm at the fifth Stratum, whose first boss has been giving me a hard time. The third Stratum bosses gave me a bit of a hard time as well and somewhat forced me to try the Quests, although I managed to beat them after enough tries. My main party's a Landstalker, a Protector, a Ronin, a Troubadour, and a Medic. I had had an Alchemist although I replaced it with the Troubadour since I needed its stat-buffing magic, and since I'm somewhat stuck against the first fifth Stratum boss, I've again been trying my hand at the Quests. It definitely is harder than the first game. I've gotten killed a few times by FOEs that pinned me against walls -_-

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »

Quote from: "Der Jermeister"
It definitely is harder than the first game. I've gotten killed a few times by FOEs that pinned me against walls -_-

And then the fuckers don't even give you experience.

You're right though, Troubadours are pretty great. Defenders have a few buffs that help in tough battles but they don't really compare. But pride keeps me from using the Troubadour though. I've always had an aversion to bards of any sort.

On that subject, does anyone have any experience using the Beast? It seems pretty hard to find new weapons and armor for it so I decided against including one but the idea is cool.
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »

I've seen plenty of beast weapon/armor available at the shop, and the beast's armor is actually a lot better than the armor for other classes, and their attack power's pretty good, too. They seem to be like Protectors, but with much better fighting capability...

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: