Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341256 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Naruto Shippuden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Naruto Shippuden  (Read 1905 times)
Wein Cruz

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:16:41 PM »

Sry, forgive me if there's another topic of this somewhere.  Didn't see it recently posted in, and forgive me if most of you dont watch this show anymore.  x_x

A new filler arc started in the series a little over a month ago, featuring the monks at the Fire Temple.  The new character, Sora, is pretty friggin' awesome.  It also looks like they're getting more indepth with the whole Twelve Ninja Guardians thing that was only loosely introduced in the manga.  So it's pretty interesting, especially compared to some of the older filler arcs.

The pre-Shippuden fillers were okay, IMO, even though they were mostly just to prevent the anime from catching up to the manga, and they didn't have many interesting storylines.  But this one is a lot different, in that it ties in more with the main story.  The conclusion on July 3rd looks like it's gonna kick a$$.  

Anyway, opinions, thoughts?
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 01:46:09 AM »

Sry, forgive me if there's another topic of this somewhere. Didn't see it recently posted in, and forgive me if most of you dont watch this show anymore. x_x

OMG BAN THIS FUCKER RIGHT NOW.

Just kidding. I think I watched about 30 something episodes on youtube which is where it left off the last time I checked. Do they have more up yet? Well, anyways I thought it was awesome. I like that the characters are more grown up. I like the new designs for the characters and I thought it was awesome that Sakura is finally worth something. That battle with Sasori was awesome. I hate that guy with the black hair though... the one that is replacing Sasuke. Please tell me he gets the shit kicked out of him at some point.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:17:07 AM »

Well, I'm caught up with the manga, but haven't watched a second of Shippuuden.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 12:14:41 PM »

I watched Shippuden until it made it to the Grass Country arc. That arc was shit in the manga and I wouldn't be able to bear watching it in the anime. I don't want to make the effort to watch a filler arc though.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 02:41:14 PM »

I really want to get back into this anime. I think I stopped around the 110's (episodes).

Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 02:35:27 AM »

The recent special was pretty good. I'm looking forward to the next episode. The new Sakura is a vast improvement on the younger version. Not only can she kick some ass now, she no longer dismisses Naruto just because he's not Sasuke. I'd like to see the new Hinata in action, but I don't think she got much time even in the manga. Correct me if I'm mistaken there.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 02:56:07 PM »

I watched Shippuuden until episode 48 or so and I couldn't bear it anymore. For god's sake, it's just so unbearably slow, especially the scenes where they have long conversations. Usually it's like this: character A reveals something important or shocking (and very obvious to a person whose IQ is over 20) to other characters and then they show you a good 1-2 minutes how other characters look at character A with "OMFG THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING" faces. And when the whole conversation is finally over, outro pops up....
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 03:13:40 PM »

Well, they probably do that so that they don't catch up to the manga again. No one wants filler.

I read the manga, and it's a rollercoaster. Sometimes it's good, times like now, it's terrible.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: