Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 12:12:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331708 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 66902 times)
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #450 on: August 22, 2014, 10:25:37 AM »

You can definitely bump up the difficulty early on. Most players can jump to hard or expert almost right away. My roommate and I are seasoned Diablo addicts, so we were running on Master pretty quickly. You definitely have to manipulate the difficulty controls a little more post-RoS, but it gives you a lot of flexibility for finding just the right level of chaos and challenge.

Crusader is awesome, but Malthael isn't too bad when you're sub-Master mode. But when you get a full group of four in some of the higher modes, he can be a nightmare, since so many of his attacks aren't gear or stat checks (early on), they're just plain "you have to dodge this or you die"-type hits-- which is awesome, but a lot more demanding than the pre-Act V bosses, IMO.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: August 22, 2014, 11:03:01 AM »

Anyone know if its easy enough to turn off/ignore the extra social features the PS4 version comes with? Because I really don't like the sound of those. To the point where I might just go with the PS3 version just so I can avoid them entirely, no patch support be damned.

I suppose this gets fixed if you don't go online outside of getting the game patched.

Also, does having more enemies on-screen make it harder? I don't remember anyone complaining about the amount of enemies in the PS3 vanilla version...

I just remember seeing some fans complaining about the frame rate on console.

---

@Mickeymac92: I find it strange that you need to be online to use those items on PS4. But it seems better to just jump into the UEE without worrying about the exclusive items.

Good thing that the PS4 version has its own exclusive stuff, so at least that's something.

Either way thanks a lot Mickeymac! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: August 25, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »

So the gigantic 2.1 patch arrives tomorrow, bringing with it the greater rifts, legendary gems and seasons. A lot of new mechanics to get hyped about with major reworkings of a lot of the classes, I think my monks going to get a lot less tanky since they nerfed the best passive. Anyways, here's the patchnotes for people who care http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569138/patch-210-ptr-patch-notes-updated-august-13-8-13-2014 . Will probably be grinding keys and riftstones for awhile but when it comes out tomorrow I hope some people will be up for some greater rift runs.

Also, here's some of the dev team goin through all the changes in the patch if you got an hour and a half to spare  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscEHWUf04c

TLDR=balancing games is hard, I'm definitely a lot more sympathetic after hearing their stories of the challenges involved in trying to make multiple playstyles viable for each class.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 01:12:08 AM by kofvscapcom » Logged

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: August 25, 2014, 09:55:59 PM »

So they're buffing up every single class? Was the game not easy enough?

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: August 25, 2014, 10:24:17 PM »

Most of the buffs are to skills no one really uses and some of the nerfs wreck peoples builds. I guess it's better for balance but there are some weird changes that I don't know how it'll pan out. Dex no longer gives dodge chance but just straight up armor instead. I'm still only able to do Torment 2-3 right now, hopefully that'll change but mainly excited for legendary gems cause they have interesting powers.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 26, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »

They really improved the monk.  Great abilities mixed with the dexterity to armor bonus makes him far more versatile.  Great stuff, Blizz! 
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: August 26, 2014, 09:25:19 PM »

Bah, I just remembered that I can easily transfer a PS3 Diablo 3 account to the PS4 version, so I'm going to get the PS3 version now, and then buy the PS4 version years from now and transfer stuff.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: