Author Topic: Diablo 3?

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
Re: Diablo 3?
« Reply #480 on: August 07, 2015, 05:02:12 PM »
Season 3 ends on August 23rd, and Season 4 begins on August 28th.  Anyone here planning to roll a new Nephalem at the end of the month? 

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 07, 2015, 05:21:41 PM »
I've been focusing my efforts on the PS4 version lately - I'm just two achievements away from platinum.  I need to finish 500 bounties (I'm at about 250 now) and get level 70 legendary items for all of my slots.  I'm really close to that.

That said, I did get in on the 2.3 patch preview.  It was fun, basically, but it wasn't clear what to do with the box after I had it.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #482 on: August 07, 2015, 05:24:36 PM »
I've owned Diablo III for about a year, and only bought RoS a month ago.  I haven't touched Seasonal play at all, so I'm thinking about powerleveling a new character to 70 just to get whatever rewards they're setting up. 

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:28 AM »
I'm up to 322 bounties now (got that other trophy, so this is the last), and I've been playing as all of my different characters to get their non-trophy achievements along the way.  (Like "kill 2000 enemies while Epiphany is active.")  Most recently, I switched over to my witch doctor, and holy crap is she fun to play.  I had forgotten.

This is my PC witch doctor, whose gear is not nearly as good as my PS4 witch doctor, but I believe they've got the same skill setup.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tooker-1271/hero/6577009

I run her in near to a mob, cast all of her spells, then just stand back watch the whole group die. :)  I have been playing her on Torment this evening, but I'm thinking about moving up to the next level.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Monsoon

• Electric Mayhem
  • RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
    • Can't Stop the Monsoon
« Reply #484 on: August 11, 2015, 07:36:47 AM »
Well, here's my profile, spotlighting the season 3 Monk I started last week: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Monsoon-1996/hero/64659020

I'm not thrilled about her gear, so I'm running low-level Rifts until I can increase the Torment level I'm comfortable with.  Really want a 2H weapon with either a bonus to fire skills or at least more attack speed than the giant axe I have her wielding.  My current goal is to get 400 seasonal achievement points before the end of season 3 on August 23rd, so I can get the exclusive portrait frame.  Right now I think I'm at 180. 

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 20, 2015, 07:42:01 PM »
Quick question for D3 players, because I haven't bought this yet and definitely want to.

What is it like in terms of violence/language/themes etc.? I've been considering getting it on PS3/4 to play with my girlfriend (she's not a gamer, but we've played various things co-op before), but if it's particularly violent/shocking then I'd just play it on my own. A bit of violence is fine, and I'm assuming the top-down viewpoint also lessens the impact, but any advice?

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 20, 2015, 08:18:09 PM »
Monsters explode in blood and gore.

I think you can turn that off though.

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 20, 2015, 10:57:20 PM »
I don't think it's gory at all.  No language, and the story's not intelligent enough to have themes. :)

Here's a video with lots of gameplay footage from PS4.  Skip around, see some stuff, basically ignore the guy talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cl3C7XcgVU
—Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 20, 2015, 11:07:04 PM »
I don't think it's gory at all.  No language, and the story's not intelligent enough to have themes. :)

Here's a video with lots of gameplay footage from PS4.  Skip around, see some stuff, basically ignore the guy talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cl3C7XcgVU

Huh. That looks significantly less gory than some images I saw. Maybe it's lessened when in motion/not focused on. Not sure how keen she'll be on the massive blood splatter some enemies left on death, but I guess we'll see! I'll enjoy it on my own if it doesn't work for us for co-op, haha.

Thanks guys!

Oh, also, P3/4 has local split-screen, right?

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 20, 2015, 11:38:17 PM »
Nope, every player shares the same screen when playing couch coop, Andrew.  I would recommend bringing a book or something because only one player can use the menu screen at a time to change gear, skills, etc.  Jacque spends a lot of time in menus and it can get a little annoying when you just want to throw spiders at monster.  ;)

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 20, 2015, 11:56:42 PM »
That is true.  And with the way skills unlock, you have incentive to completely re-examine your skills just about every level.

Oh, and if you get it, make sure you turn on Elective Mode so you can pick whatever skill you want for whatever button you want.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 20, 2015, 11:59:48 PM »
Oh whaaat. That is an incredibly dumb design decision. Maybe I should rethink this.

PaleRobbie

• Podcast Host
  • Administrator
  • Fear the old blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2015, 12:06:09 AM »
Trust me, with all of the text it would be an absolute pain for a split screen mode.  It's not really comparable to an online experience, but it's still one of the best couch coop games out there (and they don't make many nowadays). 

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2015, 12:12:21 AM »
Hmm... I trust your opinion, Rob! My gf will probably need assistance with her equipment and skills anyway, so it may not make a huge difference.

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2015, 04:38:02 AM »
up till the higher difficulties it doesn't really matter all that much which skill combinations you use, they're all pretty effective. It isn't till the high end when you really have to think your build through, so just use whatever you think's the coolest till then, usually throwing jars of spiders and a flamethrower made of bats.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.