Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 07:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340892 Posts in 13932 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 72925 times)
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2012, 09:29:13 PM »

Game is up to date but the login button is grayed out with no explanation given. Meh, Ill try again tomorrow.

Edit: Never mind, been a while since I logged into battlenet. All sorted now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 09:42:52 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2012, 10:40:33 PM »

Annubis#1584
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2012, 10:52:31 PM »

Aerim#1408

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2012, 10:53:44 PM »

sjmtaelus#1603

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »

How many can be in a party?
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »

Man, I'm seriously starting to question weather I should buy this. I picked my class and then spent almost three hours holding down the win button, occasionally pressing the win faster button. I know the start of the game isn't supposed to be particularly hard, but this was an absolute joke. Heck, I was watching TV for a good portion of my playtime. I can understand them trying to make some things simpler like inventory management, but come on, almost all character customisation is gone...

NOW PLAYING:
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2012, 12:07:02 AM »

I'm having trouble - can't get it to install. I keep getting an error, apparently related to firewalls or ports or something.  But I followed their instructions and opened all of the ports required...
:(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2012, 04:05:57 AM »

Man, I'm seriously starting to question weather I should buy this. I picked my class and then spent almost three hours holding down the win button, occasionally pressing the win faster button. I know the start of the game isn't supposed to be particularly hard, but this was an absolute joke. Heck, I was watching TV for a good portion of my playtime. I can understand them trying to make some things simpler like inventory management, but come on, almost all character customisation is gone...

I'm pretty sure it will get hard eventually. If not on normal mode, then on the higher ones.
Although I do agree I found it a bit lacking in customization.

I played Wizard and it's really nice. Having multiple spells at your disposal that are all equally powerful is fun as opposed to maxing only one spell and always using that one a la Diablo2.
I'm not even sure if I want to play anything else... Wizard plays real nice.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2012, 10:04:33 AM »

I'm getting the open beta now.
About the customization, if I'm not mistaken, I heard the developers didn't want to make it like in the past titles where you can make your character horrible by say, adding unnecessary strength in a wizard.
Although it is kind of sad, at least I don't have to worry about builds and since there will be probably a ton of stuff to equip, this will probably compensate.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2012, 02:43:40 PM »

It looks like there's tons of customization, it's just nothing permanent. Does the beta let you play with all the skills and runes? A lot of the options look level locked.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2012, 04:57:28 PM »

I'm getting the open beta now.
About the customization, if I'm not mistaken, I heard the developers didn't want to make it like in the past titles where you can make your character horrible by say, adding unnecessary strength in a wizard.
Although it is kind of sad, at least I don't have to worry about builds and since there will be probably a ton of stuff to equip, this will probably compensate.

Not too surprising.  Look at Mists of Panda.  The talent trees are greatly simplified and basically boil down to, "Do I want X, Y, or Z ability?" with the choice appearing every 15(?) or so levels.

I wouldn't be surprised if the development teams are completely different, but just throwing that out there.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 04:58:59 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 21, 2012, 05:34:12 PM »

My newly hated code...error 37
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 21, 2012, 07:37:50 PM »

Well, I "beat" the beta. I suppose I was a bit off when I said it lacked "customisation". Its character building that was mostly removed. I'm still not sure weather I like it, and the game felt entirely too easy with almost no effort required.It does look like quite a bit of effort has been put into the lore. After the initial shock and coming to terms with some of the bigger changes, I'm slowly starting to warm up to it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:41:26 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: April 21, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »

As far as I can remember, the talent trees in WoW weren't nearly as flexible as the skill trees in D2 could be. If you played say, Druid in D2, you could either put all your points into Transforming/Summoning or Elemental/Summoning, or you could try to be a pure summoner/transform/elemental and you could do just fine whatever the case.

The biggest flaw of D2's skill system was that people would hoard the skill points until later levels because you would "ruin" your character by dumping them into low-level skills early on, aside from a couple exceptions. They fixed that by adding synergy and skill resets.

In WoW though...I mean, there used to be some crossover between the talent trees, then they simplified it more and more until it's "pick this talent tree and stick to it", which it seems like what D3 is. As I understand though, you can customize individual skills by using runes.

My problem with all that is that choosing what to do with each individual skill is probably way less customization than playing with and finding out a skill spread that you find fun to play.

The stat system of D2 was pretty borked though. Ultimate it came down to "put just enough into STR and DEX for gear, maybe enough DEX to block, then rest into VIT". Kinda wish they'd try to rebalanced that system rather than remove it completely.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2012, 05:29:51 AM »

There's a quite wonderfully informative (and lengthy) post about character customization that I was linked to earlier today and that I will share here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3811455085

One thing in particular that I was unaware of is how gems are going to be offering the stat customization aspect.

Give it a read - especially if you've got concerns about this sort of thing.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: