Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335244 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 69831 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: May 23, 2012, 07:30:20 AM »

Blizzard's really seven shades of stupid for not having a demo/trial version ready at launch. I don't want to outright buy this because I don't know if my computer will be able to handle it (not so much hardware concerns as I issues with heat generation on certain programs that cause forced shutdowns). Currently if they had one I'd be willing to try it as WoW is pretty much boring due to lack of people and I'm tired of being useless since the people who are around have gear that takes months to obtain (longer since no one's helping newer characters catch up). But by the time Blizzard does make a demo version D3 will already have the same problem. Everyone will be hyper geared and well past any point I'd be starting out at so there's really no point in playing since it'll just be an Sisyphusian exercise in futility.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-starter-edition-guest-pass

Find yourself a friend who bought a boxed version of D3.

EDIT: What John said -_-
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: May 23, 2012, 07:32:53 AM »

._.; Really? Wow. *cough* Guess my Googling skills are absolutely suck-tastic these days. >//<

Much appreciated.

(Edit: I should've learned not to gripe by now. Anytime my stress hits the point where something sets me off on a whine I seem to be inevitably dis-proven. XD >//< )
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:35:47 AM by ZeronHitaro » Logged
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: May 23, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

So after an hour of installation and a quick update of the vid driver...this game is amazing. XD Totally purchasing when the budget allows for it. Goodbye WoW~.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

How large was the demo/free trial download?  I'm curious myself if it isn't too large.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: May 23, 2012, 05:47:42 PM »

So after an hour of installation and a quick update of the vid driver...this game is amazing. XD Totally purchasing when the budget allows for it. Goodbye WoW~.

Good choice.

Get on fast, I'll have some items waiting for ya'

(^_^)☆

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:53 PM »

How large was the demo/free trial download?  I'm curious myself if it isn't too large.

I want to say it looks like how they do WoW. You basically install the entire program and since your account is linked to the Battle.net system they just basically lock you out of the rest of the content until you enter a digital code when you purchase the main version. I think the DL was like 8-9GB or so. Maybe a tiny bit more or less; I don't remember specifically.

I just checked the file in my program folders. It's showing to be taking up 7.7GB.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: May 23, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

PLAY THIS GAME..ALL OF YOU. I demand it.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: May 23, 2012, 07:17:03 PM »

I want to say it looks like how they do WoW. You basically install the entire program and since your account is linked to the Battle.net system they just basically lock you out of the rest of the content until you enter a digital code when you purchase the main version. I think the DL was like 8-9GB or so. Maybe a tiny bit more or less; I don't remember specifically.

I just checked the file in my program folders. It's showing to be taking up 7.7GB.

Nice, thanks for the info.  That doesn't sound too bad.  I'll have to hunt down a friend/demo code.

got one.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 09:34:24 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: May 24, 2012, 12:10:17 AM »

Diablo III is better than sliced bread and The Beatles put together, there....I said it.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: May 24, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »

It makes me so sad I've been a little too tired these days to put some time into the game but I do decide to play it it almost makes me forget how tired I was.
I some ways it feels like Civilization: "just one more turn".

I've met Fyle once while playing, sad thing I'm still too low leveled. Partying up to play on harder difficulties is going to be awesome!

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:28 PM »

Playing trial/friend version.  I'm surprised in that I really like it and am having a blast.  Tried Barbarian, Demon Hunter, Sorcerer, and Monk.  Oddly, liked Monk the best (didn't really see that coming) and will probably be what I use.

Can you change difficulties on the fly?  Or will I have to start over if I want to try a harder difficulty?  Right now, the trial only lets me play on Normal.

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:29 PM »

PLAY THIS GAME..ALL OF YOU. I demand it.

Diablo III is better than sliced bread and The Beatles put together, there....I said it.

Agree agree... well, it's not better than the Beatles but - close lol

I have no curosity to play another game. This is what I've been waiting for. I'll have a back up game in case servers go down for a while. What's that game that came out last week? Dragons Dogma... I'm sure it's cool and all, ya ya.

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: May 24, 2012, 07:30:06 PM »

Very slowly messing with the game as it'll be a few weeks before I can pick it up; so I don't want to burn through all the fun at once. XD I've dabbled with a Monk and a Barbarian so far. Very much leaning towards the Barb. I hated the physical design but damn killing hordes of enemies with a single swing is just all kinds of fun. XD
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: May 24, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »

Very slowly messing with the game as it'll be a few weeks before I can pick it up; so I don't want to burn through all the fun at once. XD I've dabbled with a Monk and a Barbarian so far. Very much leaning towards the Barb. I hated the physical design but damn killing hordes of enemies with a single swing is just all kinds of fun. XD

My highest so far is barb 47.

Stacking life in NM and not dying much. I've got about 12.5k life. I hear barbs have trouble in Inferno tho., I wanna research that a bit more. I took a Palidan into the 90s in d2 and although I love the class and had fun with it, he couldn't really duel/PVP and had trouble taking out pack moreso than most classes like the zon, sorc or necro.

Use Revenge - a lot. The cooldown is quick and it seems to do a good job leeching life, saves my ass a lot.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 09:52:24 PM by Fyle » Logged

Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: May 25, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »

Will someone please answer Akanbe-'s question, please
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: