Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334694 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 68892 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 25, 2012, 02:15:11 AM »

Will someone please answer Akanbe-'s question, please

Neither: Pretend each difficulty is just another step forward in the game, as they unlock upon both completion of the prior one and if you're a certain level, IE it's literally impossible to do Nightmare or Hell with a level 1 character, and Inferno's straight up meant ONLY for level 60.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:44:04 AM by Eusis » Logged
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: May 25, 2012, 05:49:29 PM »

So far only 4 people put up their battle.net IDs. No one else wants to join the fun?
Like I said earlier, I'm still low leveled, but at least I've managed to reach Act 2 with the little time I've had this week but since weekend is coming I have no plans for it yet I'll try to at least finish normal.

Here's everyone so far if anyone wants to add us:
Daggerstrike: Daggs#1349
Wilsongt: Tarethen#1662
Farron: DiMenezes#1573
Fyle: Fyle#1652

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »

Will someone please answer Akanbe-'s question, please

haha thanks.  also thanks for the info Eusis.  I finished Act 1 and I wanted more so I bought it though I wasn't planning on it.  I'm liking it a lot so far.

So far only 4 people put up their battle.net IDs. No one else wants to join the fun?
Like I said earlier, I'm still low leveled, but at least I've managed to reach Act 2 with the little time I've had this week but since weekend is coming I have no plans for it yet I'll try to at least finish normal.

Here's everyone so far if anyone wants to add us:
Daggerstrike: Daggs#1349
Wilsongt: Tarethen#1662
Farron: DiMenezes#1573
Fyle: Fyle#1652

Akanbe#1320

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2012, 10:20:51 PM »

Level 40 wiz. *dances*

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2012, 11:39:31 PM »

Frostillicus#1299
still on normal:/
28 wiz
14 monk

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »

haha thanks.  also thanks for the info Eusis.  I finished Act 1 and I wanted more so I bought it though I wasn't planning on it.  I'm liking it a lot so far.

No problem. Actually, now that I think about it to be pedantic I could have said BOTH were correct (need to start over but can switch as you wish), just not in the way you'd normally expect, but that would be me being overly convoluted.

... Anyways, I guess I'll need to add people once more get the game. I'm waiting until this account hijacking stuff ends, because it sounds completely ridiculous right now.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: May 26, 2012, 09:21:00 AM »

No problem. Actually, now that I think about it to be pedantic I could have said BOTH were correct (need to start over but can switch as you wish), just not in the way you'd normally expect, but that would be me being overly convoluted.

... Anyways, I guess I'll need to add people once more get the game. I'm waiting until this account hijacking stuff ends, because it sounds completely ridiculous right now.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/pedantic?s=t
Tsi Aileron

113308759 TsiAileron@hotmail.com Tsi+Aileron TsiAileron
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: May 26, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »

Level 60 Demon Hunter :)

Battle ID or Real ID, either is fine! Tsi#1443 and TsiAileron@gmail.com

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: May 26, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »

Tsi Aileron, with some people talking about account being hacked maybe you ought to edit your post and remove your e-mail. I don't know if they even need our account name to hack it but hey, let's not make it easy right?

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: May 27, 2012, 02:09:22 AM »

SC

60 barb
38 witch doctor
7 demon hunter
2 Wizard
3 Monk

HC

Nothing yet... not 100% how much time I wanna put into HC, I'll dabble in it a bit.

Looks like this is gonna be my only game for a while.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 01:45:59 AM by Fyle » Logged

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: May 28, 2012, 04:25:17 PM »

Blue post about thefts, DR on armor, etc:

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1221-development-post-monday-info-on-hacking-diminishing-returns-on-armor-blue-posts-and-farming-spot/

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2012, 07:45:20 AM »

So...

How does everyone here personally feel about the RMAH?

I think I'm gonna have a love/hate with it. I wish bought items could be marked somehow so if someone kicks ass in pvp (when it comes) they'll be forced to be a bit humble about it...

Also, if there is any chance at all accounts can get hacked, that raises a pretty big issue for it if I was ever to consider buying anything.

It is however interesting to see a RMAH being legitamently implemented in a game, and one with such big potential.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2012, 01:17:13 PM »

My biggest problem with Diablo 3 is this:

This is a graph I made including the general power level of stats / items / enchantments.
The X axis is level 10 - 60 (started at 10 for various reasons and added 60.5 and 60.75 for act 3 and 4 of Inferno).
The Y axis is the stat compilation (I have not added monster data though, but I assume they rise in stats even more)
As you can see the growth is incredibly exponential.

This means that progressing through the late game is incredibly hard and that it's very hard to balance.
It also screams to me that they want people to use the AH / RMHA because everything that should be powerful at your level can only be found where you should be at 2 levels in the future (making a comparison of where/when each tier drop / equip level)

Also, this means that any expansions will probably be even harder to balance than what we have now.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »

So...

How does everyone here personally feel about the RMAH?

I think I'm gonna have a love/hate with it. I wish bought items could be marked somehow so if someone kicks ass in pvp (when it comes) they'll be forced to be a bit humble about it...

Also, if there is any chance at all accounts can get hacked, that raises a pretty big issue for it if I was ever to consider buying anything.

It is however interesting to see a RMAH being legitamently implemented in a game, and one with such big potential.

Thoughts? Concerns?

Yeah, the hacking issue is a big concern for me and the RMAH.  I don't think I'll be using it at all.  I will have mismatched gear forever and it's no biggie to me.  Characters are zoomed out anyway.

I don't really love the regular AH either, but it's obvious to me why they put it there.  It really takes any fun of loot because no matter what I pick up, I can generally find something way better on the AH (often for cheap too, at this point).  I could just not use the AH and I try not to, but I don't like gimping myself on purpose and would rather use what is available for me.  I probably would care less if I was on a higher difficulty though.

It also screams to me that they want people to use the AH / RMHA because everything that should be powerful at your level can only be found where you should be at 2 levels in the future (making a comparison of where/when each tier drop / equip level)

I find this annoying too.  The AH blows loot you find on the ground/chests/mobs out of the water while leveling.  My Monk isn't super far - only level 18 - but the sheer gap in quality between what I find on my own and what is on the AH is large and I'm not really a fan of that design.

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: June 02, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »

Good points. I will stay positive on this game until something ends up being absolutely broken...

I am having fun searching thru endless gear tho. I can sit there for hours and just compare stuff and bid and search for exactly what I want.

Although I did enjoy trade games in D2, they had a downside. Many times you'd end up trading with the same people in  the hand ful of games that were avalible and wasting a lotta time getting items traded away. Then the ones you didn't want to use or at best keep for collecting were stuck in limbo cause selling them to a vendor was not only meaningless but felt like a waste. There is room for both - there should be a way to make trade games and have the AH functional.

There's also issues with the items themselves more so than the actual AH. The items still lack the attribute variety of D2. Correct me if I'm wrong but, off the top of my head I don't recall spell on hit, mana leech, multiple elemental dam. For example fire 1-12 cold 2-3 light. 1-8 on the same weapon and the MF and gold find isn't packed on specific MF items. These are just a few ways the items lack variety.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: