Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319120 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 56985 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

Feel free to add me!

DadeMcLaren#2772

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: June 05, 2012, 10:28:24 AM »

Did the Chinese just take out the whole Diablo 3 site?

EDIT: for those wondering, the US forum was bombarded by Chinese people posting about problems. I guess they IP blocked them because it stopped when it came back up.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:22:23 PM by Annubis » Logged
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Let's see if you bastards can do 90.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:08 AM »

Did I just see Russell Brower conduct And the Heavens Shall Tremble at Video Games Live?

yes. yes I did.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »

I read this post about Demon Hunters... it was the next class I was thinkning of making. I like Barb, but spending millions on the stuff they need to really soak up the inferno damage is turning me off... I know a few of you guys here play DH, does this guys post seem accurate ??

I mean, I can "survive" Act1 of inferno as barb but, it i jump into A3 or A4 I can barely kill many normal mobs. My gear is "good" too, nothing great, but, nothing crap either.

This is the post of Blizz's offical forums (about DH) :

I leveled in less than a day, and then beat Diablo on Inferno within three days.

Spent less than 2 million gold in the process, as well. (The gold I spent, I made on my DH, power leveling people.)

For everyone complaining about things being hard, you need to really take a look at this class' abilities and use them to your advantage. Sticking with builds because you're comfortable with them isn't going to get you very far.

I didn't know !@#$ about DH before I started playing one, and boom, Diablo is dead.
Video of Kill: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SVwSeM4TF4

(And I didn't skip packs, either. No johns.)

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Annubis

Voted most likely to become an evil dictator

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »

DH in Inferno is strong but sucks to play as far as I know.
You gear up for discipline and DPS.
Meaning you spam SS (Smoke Screen) that makes you untargetable for 1 sec (1.5 sec runed) in which you proceed to murder everything with your DPS.
Rince & repeat.
Other than that, you walk around with 12,000 HP and get one-shot by everything you didn't see coming (oh hello Terror Demons)
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »

I'm 26 now and liking it. I'm sure normal is easy for every class, but, I geared him up decent and I'm liking the pace.

I suppose no matter what, I'd like to have one ranged and one melee.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:22:18 PM by Fyle » Logged

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

Deleted. Mistake.

Damn iPhone auto-correct. Gotta be a way to shut that off...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:23:19 PM by Fyle » Logged

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2012, 10:51:21 PM »

I finally got into hell with my wiz today but now that i'm there I feel the need to take a break from the class for a bit. Also, my dps is lame and since I'm sharing the gold with my brother in-law and his DH, there isn't much left to get what I need.  I think i'm gonna work on my monk for a while since there's probably all kind of stuff in the stash to use.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 11, 2012, 01:59:33 AM »

Deleted. Mistake.

Damn iPhone auto-correct. Gotta be a way to shut that off...

Settings, General, Keyboard, Auto-Correction Off. You're welcome.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: June 11, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »

I finally got into hell with my wiz today but now that i'm there I feel the need to take a break from the class for a bit. Also, my dps is lame and since I'm sharing the gold with my brother in-law and his DH, there isn't much left to get what I need.  I think i'm gonna work on my monk for a while since there's probably all kind of stuff in the stash to use.

Monk is very fun IMO.  My only regret with Monk is I wish I could play it on hard from the get-go.  As for gold, doesn't more drop in parties to offset that issue?

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: June 11, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »

^That may be true but i meant that we're using the same game in the same house.  On my account:/

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: June 12, 2012, 12:31:12 AM »

Settings, General, Keyboard, Auto-Correction Off. You're welcome.

Yes. Thanks!

I shoulda looked that up myself but, i can't get on the regular internet at home cause I'm always playing Diablo. I have about 4 hours a night to play... I want a solid 8-10. Damn real life gettin in the way.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: June 12, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

No lie, I was about ready to write this game off until last night.

I got it last week and promptly made a witch doctor, the closest thing there is to a D2 necromancer.  I loved necromancer, so I would undoubtedly like witch doctor!  Wrong.

So I said to myself "Hey, you liked sorceress too.  Roll a fucking wizard!  That's a sure thing!"  Wrong.  I didn't dig it one bit.

I always enjoyed Amazon as well, so I rolled up a demon hunter after that.  No go.  Felt too assassin-ish for my liking.

So then I tried a barbarian.  I knew what to expect from this, and I got it:  boredom.  Although I do give Blizzard credit for making the female barbarian look like she is strong enough to actually swing an axe. :P

And then there was one:  monk.  I saved it for last because it sounded like a D2 paladin.  I hated D2 paladins.  But then I started zipping across the screen punching zombies in the face and roundhouse kicking skeletons from one side of the screen to the other, and I realized I had saved the best for last.  I fucking love monk. :P

Looks like I might make it out of the first act after all.  I was starting to think it wouldn't happen. :P

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: June 15, 2012, 01:18:46 AM »

No lie, I was about ready to write this game off until last night.

I was close to writing it off when I heard no off line mode but, free to play, what the hell.

I still can't believe how much hate and "dissapointment" this game is getting because afterall, its free to play (assuming you have internet - and lets not even get into it if you don't). If there was a monthly fee I'd say, hate away guys! But, alas, I won't "complain" about a free game.

*(o.=)*

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: June 16, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »

Compilation of our IDs:
Daggerstrike: Daggs#1349
Wilsongt: Tarethen#1662
Farron: DiMenezes#1573
Fyle: Fyle#1652

Akanbe#1320
Frostillicus#1299
Tsi#1443
DadeMcLaren#2772

I just got to Act 4 and I think I'll finally finish the game today after taking my sweet time with it. So anyone wanting to coop, I'm uo for it, I just don't know if I'll replay with another character or keep going with mine on harder difficulties.

On a side note, I was talking to a friend who had just beat the game, and he was saying how he killed the Act 3 boss using only one spell with the Wizard (we use the same class). At first I thought he was exaggerating but when I got there, used the Wizard spell that turns you into a super being and then destruction (a long beam of "light") the boss died in seconds, didn't even have to wait for the arcane power to go back up.

The game was already easy but still I never expected it to be this easy. On the bright side, at least the boss had an attack that takes up a big part of the screen and it did a pretty good amount of damage, so I had to watch out for it.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: