Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 02:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337999 Posts in 13837 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 70999 times)
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: June 17, 2012, 04:17:52 AM »

@Farron -

it's not easy at all...

only nightmare and normal are.

Inferno is near impossible and hell can get pretty rough at times too.

(^_^)☆
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:13:48 AM by Fyle » Logged

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: June 17, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »

No lie, I was about ready to write this game off until last night.

I was close to writing it off when I heard no off line mode but, free to play, what the hell.

I still can't believe how much hate and "dissapointment" this game is getting because afterall, its free to play (assuming you have internet - and lets not even get into it if you don't). If there was a monthly fee I'd say, hate away guys! But, alas, I won't "complain" about a free game.

*(o.=)*
I really wouldn't call a game with a $60 entry fee "free-to-play" by any stretch of the term, nor do I really understand why something like that would make someone shy away from criticism.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: June 18, 2012, 12:29:02 AM »

Compilation of our IDs:
Daggerstrike: Daggs#1349
Wilsongt: Tarethen#1662
Farron: DiMenezes#1573
Fyle: Fyle#1652

Akanbe#1320
Frostillicus#1299
Tsi#1443
DadeMcLaren#2772

I just got to Act 4 and I think I'll finally finish the game today after taking my sweet time with it. So anyone wanting to coop, I'm uo for it, I just don't know if I'll replay with another character or keep going with mine on harder difficulties.

On a side note, I was talking to a friend who had just beat the game, and he was saying how he killed the Act 3 boss using only one spell with the Wizard (we use the same class). At first I thought he was exaggerating but when I got there, used the Wizard spell that turns you into a super being and then destruction (a long beam of "light") the boss died in seconds, didn't even have to wait for the arcane power to go back up.

The game was already easy but still I never expected it to be this easy. On the bright side, at least the boss had an attack that takes up a big part of the screen and it did a pretty good amount of damage, so I had to watch out for it.

If you want to continue your Wizard after you beat the game, I'll play with you on my Monk.

Or if you want to re-roll, I have low level alts I want to play too.  Let me know.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: June 18, 2012, 01:12:14 AM »

I really wouldn't call a game with a $60 entry fee "free-to-play" by any stretch of the term, nor do I really understand why something like that would make someone shy away from criticism.
[/quote]

What I mean is, no montly fee like other online games such as WoW and FF11. The inital $60 only goes so far as far as the company paying the workers, programmers etc to keep the game up for probably years to come.

Furthermore, I've already got 200+ hours out of it and in my book, that cover the $60 right there. I also have no plans to stop anytime soon. I mean other games that were $60 I got 200 hours (or less in most cases). So, I'm going to be demanding that $60 to be strectched out for months and months and maybe years? Nah, thats just the entrance fee. They're upkeeping the game and allowing you to continue playing it for free - or with no "upkeep" charge.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: June 18, 2012, 03:44:51 AM »

The inital $60 only goes so far as far as the company paying the workers, programmers etc to keep the game up for probably years to come.

It does when you sell millions of copies.

And when they take their cut of the real money AH.

And when they no doubt have expansions planned.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »

how cheap do you want it to be?

it's the same exact price you pay for console 360 and PS3 games and i'd bet my last SOJ you will get more hours out of it then almost any console game RPG or ARPG.

I already have 200+ hours as do many ppl I know, that's worth the money there and that's when most console games that sell for that price new are done.

that price seems "fine" for what you get out of it, especially in comparison to other games that are the same price... you might play it for a few years even.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »

I'm not arguing the value of the game. Just the idea that blizzard is starving and D3 isn't a massive moneymaker. They'll manage to pay the bills and have plenty left over.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: June 19, 2012, 12:25:51 AM »

I'm not arguing the value of the game. Just the idea that blizzard is starving and D3 isn't a massive moneymaker. They'll manage to pay the bills and have plenty left over.

okay. that's fair.

I just wanna be clear on "free to play"

yes, you have to buy the game, but, I'm gonna stick with its "free to play" as opposed to monthly fee games like WoW, FF11 was etc. in those cases they should be hearing complaints cause you're paying every month...

unless you're actually talking about those completely free to play and free to download RPGs I see advertised. I won't even discuss those. I apologize if that's what you thought I was making D3 out to be.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:23:02 AM by Fyle » Logged

Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: June 19, 2012, 04:37:46 AM »

Well, "free to play" games are games where you literally *can* play them without spending any sort of money. They are indeed the games that are free to download and play, though they'll almost certainly generate revenue via a cash shop of some sort. You are using the term (as flawed as it may be) incorrectly, hence the confusion presented on this page.

As well, Diablo 3 is not an MMO, so comparing it to games such as WoW or FFXI in the way you are (speaking of monthly fees and such) is a bit silly.

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: June 19, 2012, 06:07:54 PM »

then I made a terminology error.

I meant no monthy charge.

that doesn't change my original point I was making. the type of game is also beside the point

the point was, my expectations are lower on a game you don't have to pay for every month as opposed to one were you have to pay every month.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 06:10:04 PM by Fyle » Logged

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: June 19, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »

I have a nagging feeling that all tweaks being made to the drops in these updates are slowly paving the way to forcing everyone to use the RMAH. I hope i'm just being paranoid.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: June 19, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »

I have a nagging feeling that all tweaks being made to the drops in these updates are slowly paving the way to forcing everyone to use the RMAH. I hope i'm just being paranoid.
Let's hope it doesn't happen because just like me it seem to me that most people don't want to deal with the RMAH in any way, neither buying nor selling stuff.

Just had my first sweet coop today, with Akanbe- (and his monk which saved our lives more times than I'd like to admit) and a friend of mine who also plays a wizard.
On my first impression, the coop makes the game a lot more enjoyable for multiple runs through the game, I just had no idea the game scaled in difficulty. Whenever one of those gold enemies would show up almost always it would be a hard encounter.

Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2012, 04:07:24 AM »

I won't use the RMAH... They're gonna have to do way better at the item design to get me to even think about it. So far most of it looks like a name with a mixed bag of random attributes.

I still think people are judging to quick, still only a little more than a month in. Although I will say, they aren't doing a good enough job to hold my quriosity about Torchlight 2 from getting stronger and stronger.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2012, 08:05:44 AM »

Yeah, i hear that. Torchlight 2 is a purchase for me regardless. Still, I love D3 and I'm already wanting an expansion:P

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2012, 04:35:31 PM »

Let's hope it doesn't happen because just like me it seem to me that most people don't want to deal with the RMAH in any way, neither buying nor selling stuff.

Just had my first sweet coop today, with Akanbe- (and his monk which saved our lives more times than I'd like to admit) and a friend of mine who also plays a wizard.
On my first impression, the coop makes the game a lot more enjoyable for multiple runs through the game, I just had no idea the game scaled in difficulty. Whenever one of those gold enemies would show up almost always it would be a hard encounter.

Same - I am not interested in buying nor selling on there.  That co-op session was a lot of fun.  I gained so many levels, gold, and Rares.  It was interesting to go back and see all what I had learned after I was done haha. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: