Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 01:41:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327891 Posts in 13424 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 62443 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: August 22, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »

I enjoyed D3 enough to pick this up as Paladin does look kinda cool.  That is barring they don't charge a crazy amount for it and have enough content to justify whatever cost they charge.  I'm guessing since this is Blizzard we're talking about that it will be overpriced.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: September 04, 2013, 06:16:59 PM »

I want to pick this up, but my plate of games is stupid...

Currently Playing-Re-visiting Wii and Xbox 360 games (finish backlog)
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: September 19, 2013, 12:47:30 PM »

Got to give blizz some credit for shutting down the auction houses. I don't know if it's a case of putting the game over profits or if getting those 10 millionish people to buy the expansion is more important, but good move either way. I passed on the game initially, but I'm sold on it now and will give it a try once they expansion comes.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »

I wonder if there will be many upset fans of the Auction House being removed?  Should I buy this on PC, PS3, or PS4?

Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2013, 02:51:09 PM »

Got to give blizz some credit for shutting down the auction houses.

I just wonder how much/little Blizzard made off the RMAH considering they had a really good cut.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

Got to give blizz some credit for shutting down the auction houses.

I just wonder how much/little Blizzard made off the RMAH considering they had a really good cut.

Plenty,lol.

Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2013, 06:35:44 PM »

How did they ever get the higher-ups to agree to stop milking the cow then?
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2013, 07:48:20 PM »

Maybe with all of the money they were making from it, either they weren't making as much as they wanted to, or plenty of people complained about the feature.  I'm not sure as I don't keep up with the PC version and how much they were banking.

Klutz64

Meow Meow Choco-Chow!

RebornThief
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2013, 08:49:48 PM »

From what I understand, they made plenty off of those who actually played the game, but the retention rate of players was disastrously low because people couldn't get decent gear without using the AH.

As far as the "higher-ups" go, let's remember that all these changes are taking place after whats-his-name left and put the game in the hands of someone else.

My incredibly adorable avatar was provided by our one and only Dice!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:15 AM »

I've been playing the console version since it released, and I reinstalled the PC version tonight.  Holy cow, it is a lot more annoying than I remembered, when compared to the changes they made for console.  I have to get a lot closer to gold to pick it up on PC, and I have to click on dead villagers and such if I want to rummage through their pockets for gold, instead of just walking near them.  And there really is a lot more crap dropping than on console, and with the fact that your inventory's smaller, that means a lot more trips back to town to sell and salvage.  Losing the ability to roll away from danger is big, too.

That said, I'm sad that they changed the delay on the console's bola shot to 2 seconds instead of 1.  That's my preferred Demon Hunter regular attack on PC. :(

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »

OK guys, I got Diablo III on sale for $20.  Impulse buy, feeling the hype for the expansion, etc.  I don't know what class to play, what my basic strategy is, nothing.  Probably won't play past Act I of Hell if my D2 experience is any indication.  Hopefully they won't wipe my doods when the expansion comes. 

I like tanking, auras, and summons.  Prefer mage or warrior classes to DPS or archer classes.  Tell me what class I should go for.  Deciding between Barbarian, Witch Doctor, and Wizard. 

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 10, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »

Witch Doctor's your go-to for summoning.  Sadly, his best main attack doesn't get unlocked for a while.

The Wizard, at least in normal difficulty, is surprisingly good at taking a punch.

You'll have fun with either of them, I'd say.  Heck, try out the barbarian too, if you like.  I can't say much about that class - it's not my type.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2013, 08:15:13 AM »

Well, I tried each of those three, and they all... well, they're good, but the first 5-6 levels of Normal are too damn easy.  I ended up taking the Barbarian the furthest (around level 15-16 now) and I'm enjoying it.  Lots of Rend, but soon will be shouts and Whirlwind.  It was my first Diablo II class those 12+ years ago, so it might as well be my first Diablo III class in 2013. 

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »

Back when this game came out, I bought the special edition, but until this week, I had forgotten that it came with a two-disc making of BluRay.  So now I'm watching some of that.

I feel stupid, but until now, I never realized that because this time around, Diablo comes out of
Code:
Leah, Diablo's a girl this time.

—Kurt Vonnegut
Annubis

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2013, 12:53:30 PM »

How did you miss the Diablo boobies?
They are kinda obvious is that one cutscene.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: