Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 05:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334721 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Diablo 3?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Print
Author Topic: Diablo 3?  (Read 68988 times)
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »

Really not enjoying Act V atm. Mostly because I am not getting drops that are really improvements over my current gear, so I have to drop the difficulty level as I get further into the game meaning I get less drops, and I still don't get any gear improvements and it is just continuing. I'm level 65, just hit the first boss.....and now I am going to have to drop difficulty again. >.>

Did they remove achievements, and then add them in again, or am I just imagining things?
I could have swore when I beat the game the first time around at launch, I got all the boss achievements. Now that I'm playing through on my Crusader, I'm getting them again?? What gives?

That being said, Crusader is so much fun. This is what I wanted from the start. I'll probably play up to the end of act 4 with him, and experience act 5 on my Demon Hunter.
All achievements that referred to difficulty were moved to Feats of Strength (because they are now impossible to get) and replaced with new achievements that refer to the new difficulties.
ultra7k

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: March 27, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »

Really not enjoying Act V atm. Mostly because I am not getting drops that are really improvements over my current gear, so I have to drop the difficulty level as I get further into the game meaning I get less drops, and I still don't get any gear improvements and it is just continuing. I'm level 65, just hit the first boss.....and now I am going to have to drop difficulty again. >.>

Did they remove achievements, and then add them in again, or am I just imagining things?
I could have swore when I beat the game the first time around at launch, I got all the boss achievements. Now that I'm playing through on my Crusader, I'm getting them again?? What gives?

That being said, Crusader is so much fun. This is what I wanted from the start. I'll probably play up to the end of act 4 with him, and experience act 5 on my Demon Hunter.
All achievements that referred to difficulty were moved to Feats of Strength (because they are now impossible to get) and replaced with new achievements that refer to the new difficulties.

Ok. that's weird, because the only Feat of Strength I have is "participated in Beta" when I beat the game prior to this whole switch...ah well...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:58:00 PM by ultra7k » Logged
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 27, 2014, 04:58:35 PM »

Yeah, I kind of feel like the difficulty in Act V is a mess.  Had it on Torment II for a while, but then had to knock it down to I at the halfway point because I was doing nothing against certain mobs.  I'm just about at the end and I've hit another wall and will probably have to go down another difficulty level.  It's hard because of the new difficulty levels, monsters, and crazy gear some people have from playing vanilla for so long, but this thing feels horribly balanced and all over the place.  Hopefully things will get better after a few more hours looking for better loot, or maybe being able to find high level equipment on the previous acts helps.  Not quite sure...
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #423 on: March 27, 2014, 05:55:33 PM »

I'll say I've had a great experience with the difficulty. I had to move down to torment I/master from IV, but it makes sense because it's scaled for endgame level 70 now. All that awesome level 60 gear we had in vanilla putting us in torment IV is now basically 10 levels too low, so it made sense to me. The monsters are a lot more challenging from a mechanical standpoint too, so it's requiring a lot of different play than vanilla did. I'm actually really pleased with the difficulty level. I feel like the first boss is far from a gear check-- he's constructed (much more so than earlier bosses) so that you're expected to avoid getting hit altogether based on how his skills work.

ALSO my wizard now has 2.7million toughness and 327k life which tickles me.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:08 PM »

Oh, I totally get why the difficulty is the way it is, Stephen, don't get me wrong.  They have to craft a level of challenge that satisfies people that have been playing for possibly hundreds of hours, have incredible gear, and maybe tore through all of the levels of torment easily.  I'm just saying that there have been areas that feel damn near gated with the gear that I have and things aren't dropping fast enough for me to be competitive on that level.  I have to put time into the lower difficulty levels in order to get somewhere on the higher levels of torment.  I understand it, but it kinda sucks.  The good loot is finally starting to appear, so it shouldn't take too much longer. 

And, who would have thought?  Stephen has no problem with the difficulty level of a game...
kofvscapcom
Rereveagence

kofvscapcom
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: March 27, 2014, 09:00:59 PM »

the new bosses definitely feel like they're designed to make you dodge pretty much everything the boss does, unless you're ubergeared in which case it's just a tank and spank. Torment is much harder now and even with my monk at 13 million toughness, I still occasionally die on torment 1. But yeah adventure mode is the super grind for the phat lewts and it's working out pretty well. So if you find yourself struggling, it might be worth it to jump into adventure mode for a bit on a comfortable difficulty to farm better gear. Other than that, popular opinion is the OP class right now is wizard as frozen orb just does obscene dps.

Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 27, 2014, 10:50:04 PM »

Had to lower the difficulty down to expert.  Sorry, this is shit.  Four fucking hours on Act V and I'm barely finding anything to keep me afloat.  Maybe you're supposed to play it the first time on normal or hard and then work up to the higher modes, but the fact that we've all played this game up and down is fucking the difficulty royally.  There's no difficulty curve, just a straight cliff of, "Fuck you, find better equipment."  

Edit-
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure everything is fine when you take a fresh character through loot 2.0 and get equipment as it's supposed to come now.  I'm sure that fixes the difficulty curve.  But I'm having the exact same problem I had when 2.0 came out, where the difficulty is crazy hard but the drops even things out.  Problem is the higher level drops just aren't happening, and now I've lowered it to the point that they probably won't come.  I get that this is a no-win scenario considering how many hours people have put into the game, but right now things are just not fun and it feels like old school inferno where a fucking number wall is keeping me from having fun.  I love the new boss and enemy designs and how they force me to stay mobile, but sections like The Ram just feel like artificial equipment barriers.  
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 11:56:32 PM by PaleRobbie » Logged
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: March 28, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »

Ok. that's weird, because the only Feat of Strength I have is "participated in Beta" when I beat the game prior to this whole switch...ah well...
Check again. They don't add to your number of Feats of Strength on the summary page (no idea why) and they are in separate sub sections of Feats of Strength from the other Feats.
Had to lower the difficulty down to expert.  Sorry, this is shit.  Four fucking hours on Act V and I'm barely finding anything to keep me afloat.  Maybe you're supposed to play it the first time on normal or hard and then work up to the higher modes, but the fact that we've all played this game up and down is fucking the difficulty royally.  There's no difficulty curve, just a straight cliff of, "Fuck you, find better equipment."  

Edit-
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure everything is fine when you take a fresh character through loot 2.0 and get equipment as it's supposed to come now.  I'm sure that fixes the difficulty curve.  But I'm having the exact same problem I had when 2.0 came out, where the difficulty is crazy hard but the drops even things out.  Problem is the higher level drops just aren't happening, and now I've lowered it to the point that they probably won't come.  I get that this is a no-win scenario considering how many hours people have put into the game, but right now things are just not fun and it feels like old school inferno where a fucking number wall is keeping me from having fun.  I love the new boss and enemy designs and how they force me to stay mobile, but sections like The Ram just feel like artificial equipment barriers.  
I feel your pain. I was told by a friend that there is an equipment power jump at 66, but I'm 68 now and I have barely managed to find anything new since 65. Heck I think I'm still weaker than my friend's level 60 character from pre-RoS (or at least squishier).
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 28, 2014, 08:36:25 AM »

Had a major breakthrough before bed last night.  For those having trouble, turn the difficulty down until you reach level 70.  As soon as I maxed out my demon hunter, loot started to pour out of mobs like candy and I doubled my toughness in about five minutes.  It makes sense when you think about it; you can't get the high level loot until you're high level.  Unfortunately, the enemies don't appear to scale to your level and loot despite everything I read during the big patch a few weeks ago.  Maybe they only scale to an extent and they actually have hard values as checks?  Who knows, but it was really pissing me off until I finally reached 70.

Oh, and adventure mode is a fucking blast!  Easily the best addition in the game.  It's a whole new economy with tons of things to see and do.  Should extend the life of the game almost indefinitely if they're smart about it.  Hope they have event weekends and stuff to really keep this aspect going. 
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: March 29, 2014, 07:03:39 AM »

Yeah that probably isn't enough to save the game for me. I hit level 70 last night. While I was playing the game, I had two realizations. 1. Grinding for legendaries would be ridiculous because odds are fairly high I would get crap I don't want. 2. I am sick and tired of elite abilities that create areas on the floor.....which is basically half of their abilities. I am going to be the final boss and then never play this stupid thing again. Unfortunately that is going to take forever. God damn clouds. >.>
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: April 06, 2014, 12:48:58 PM »

Started a fresh Mage and pumped the difficulty straight to Master. the changes to the game seem pretty positive so far.
The crazy thing is that I've hit level 30 already and I'm not even past the first act yet. My original Demon Hunter is level 45 and I put over 40 hours into that character (including beating the game and getting about half way through on me second run)

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #431 on: April 06, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »

Yeah that probably isn't enough to save the game for me. I hit level 70 last night. While I was playing the game, I had two realizations. 1. Grinding for legendaries would be ridiculous because odds are fairly high I would get crap I don't want. 2. I am sick and tired of elite abilities that create areas on the floor.....which is basically half of their abilities. I am going to be the final boss and then never play this stupid thing again. Unfortunately that is going to take forever. God damn clouds. >.>

Actually, the odds that you will get things you don't want are considerably lower. The new system is built around giving you items that are relevant to your class and skillset. In fact, that's quite literally one of the bullet points of the new loot system.

Regarding floor abilities, can't help ya. That's a taste thing and a carry-over from Diablo II.

And yeah Maxximum, you can level crazy fast now. I usually play on master or higher even with my lowbies because the loot and exp drops are just too delicious to not do that. Just wait until you unlock adventure mode if you're on Reaper of Souls. It's so good.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 06, 2014, 08:44:06 PM »

Totally agree with Stephen.  Adventure mode might be the best damn thing about the game.  Quick level gains with friends while hunting loot is a real blast.  Currently working on a WD as my main, Monk as my alt, and just started a Crusader (though I'm not really digging him that much).  My DH started to really bore me.  There are some skills that I just don't gel with, so I use the same build over and over.  

My only real problem is that the loot seems to have dried up a bit for my WD.  Been playing Torment I all damn weekend and only found a few pieces of gear to raise my damage by 10%.  Maybe it's just a bad luck spree, but I'm looking at Stephen's damage rating with a huge level of envy right now...

Edit-
Correction, the Crusader is all sorts of awesome, but he's a bit squishier than I'd like.  He can die really freakin' fast if you aren't healing properly, which makes one of the passive skills kind of necessary.  I think he'll get a few passes in order to get him up to snuff. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 09:13:21 PM by PaleRobbie » Logged
mrchoppy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: April 09, 2014, 05:32:03 PM »

I ended up finishing act V on one of the lower difficulties (expert) i think and then Adventure Mode unlocks for all your characters. great stuff.

Like everyone one else am finding it a lot of fun.  It will keep me popping back to the game every now and then for a hack and slash fest and a bit of co-op, whereas before the expansion i hadnt played it at all for months.  so well done to Blizzard for a really good expansion.
PaleRobbie
Podcast Host
RPGFan Editor

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 09, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »

I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I don't really like playing the melee characters in D3.  They're fun when you're leveling, but eventually you hit a wall in terms of damage vs healing and have to really plan out your gear.  Might have to go back to my DH and WD, since those playstyles just gel with my approach to the game. 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: