Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 12:29:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332730 Posts in 13632 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  The Dark Knight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 27828 times)
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2008, 04:42:19 PM »

You've never seen Hackers then.

that's right, I went there.

Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »

I don't think Catwoman fits in to the "battle for Gotham's soul" that has been a recurrent theme in the series. Even if they took a different focus, it would be sort of left-field intensity-wise, and she's always seemed campy and comical to me. Besides, I would hate it if they suddenly threw in another love interest after all the dramatic opportunities that opened up due to the whole Dawes issue. Batman finally becomes a loner, and if the rumors are true and Nolan only plans for this to be a trilogy, there would be no harm in keeping him that way.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2008, 01:51:13 AM »

It would turn the movie from the battle for Gotham's soul to the battle for Gotham's pussy. Here kitty kitty. Bad kitty.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:03 AM »

The movie was great. Some truly memorable scenes and excellent performances by most of the actors.

As for the third film, catwoman would be bad but robin would be a lot worse. But they got it right twice, I think they'll get it right again.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2008, 09:11:34 PM »

Catwoman is really an essential part of the Batman universe. Despite the really bad interpretations in the movies, there are plenty of comic books that make good use of her.

She's the only character which Batman can't read. He's obviously aware of her committing crime, yet he doesn't make it a point to bring her in on it because she's not a villain in the sense that the Joker, Two-Face, the Riddler or even Poison Ivy are. To top it off, he usually has some sort of romantic involvement with her. In terms of what Batman views as good (cops, vigilante-ism done right) and bad (villains who usually threaten the well being ordinary people), she isn't either: she's neutral.

That said, if she didn't show up in the next movie I wouldn't be disappointed.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

They could technically cut out Robin and skip directly to Nightwing, and it could make the movie doable.

Batman gets his back broken by Bane, has to stop fighting crime, new vigilante shows up and fucks everything up, Batman has to come back and set things right.

Yoshino

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2008, 03:53:20 AM »

I wouldn't mind seeing Cat Woman come up in the sequel. She's always been one of the characters I associate with Batman almost as much as Bats himself, and the series could do with more ambiguous characters.

I know she had a bad movie a few years ago, but if the Hulk could get over that, surely Catwoman can too?
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »

Quote from: "ShadowLaguna"
Every movie that i've seen with Jolie in it is FUCKING AWFUL!!

Wanted was okay. Don't understand why people hate on Jolie so much.

Despite the really bad interpretations in the movies, there are plenty of comic books that make good use of her.

I actually thought Batman Returns had a pretty good Catwoman. But that character belongs in a Burton movie and would definately not fit in Nolan's films.

I know she had a bad movie a few years ago, but if the Hulk could get over that, surely Catwoman can too?

Plenty of people liked Hulk (I'm one of them), though I realize why so many people didn't like it. Catwoman was just embarrassing to watch.

If anything, you should bring up Batman and Robin...just to show the irony of this whole situation. :P
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »

Looks like they want the film to go the distance and earn 1 billion, so they're re-releasing The Dark Knight.

Isn't this kinda cheating? :P

The only other film I can think of that they re-released is The Exorcist.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 12:21:53 AM by Hathen » Logged
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2008, 08:23:51 AM »

I can't think of any off the top of my head right now, but there have been many movies that have seen rereleases
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2008, 11:11:36 AM »

There have been plenty of rereleases in the past, but I don't think I've ever heard of one happening so quickly.

[/url]
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2008, 09:26:20 AM »

Is this only in the States, then? :-(

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2008, 10:12:19 PM »

Michael Clayton was another to get a similar treatment, but that was because no one had even seen it before it got the oscar nomination.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »

Looks like they want the film to go the distance and earn 1 billion, so they're re-releasing The Dark Knight.

Isn't this kinda cheating? :P

The only other film I can think of that they re-released is The Exorcist.

Um...Star Wars Trilogy?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dincrest
Cleanup Crew
RPGFan Editor

Smile... they'll think you're up to something.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2008, 07:34:55 AM »

Didn't Slumdog Millionaire also get a recent re-release?  It was in theaters last year, and due to a grassroots buzz, it came back to theaters in 2008.  I have yet to see it, but everyone who has seen it says it's good.  Then again, Slumdog Millionaire isn't a blockbuster money-making title. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: