Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:13:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331779 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4  (Read 102288 times)
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2008, 09:45:54 PM »

Comes out in 9 days.

Will anyone else be picking up the import? *glances in the direction of Akira and Silverwolf X*  And for everyone else, any burning questions you'd like answered when we post impressions?

Interestingly enough, Famitsu screenshots have already revealed the existence of...

Code:
...at least 1 reoccurring character.

I'm pretty excited.  Anyone else?

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »

Heck Im still learning japanese.. So I think I will pass on this one till the US release...

Will the MC have many personas stored inside him or will it be only one?? since I read some days ago that you can control the rest of cast in battle... If he only have one persona what would the Social link be used for?? and last will the MC finally speak?

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Der Jermeister

The Angry Videogame Fur

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 11:24:25 PM »

Still working my way through FES, and I'm certainly curious as to the direction the fourth game will go.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 11:36:48 PM »

I'm only 12 hours into Persona 3...still...kind of hit a standstill, then again, I'm playing other games.

Even if I was fluent in Japanese, I think I'd still go for the U.S. release; I mean, the translation WAS pretty good, wasn't it? Besides, import prices? UGH.

Still, let us know how the game turns out; I'm still pretty excited about it; looks like it's going to be one of the last PS2 RPGs, after Ar-Tonelico 2 and Mana-Khemia 2.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 12:59:38 AM »

I have little faith this is coming to the States, as I think the PS2 is finally dead. Though, I still look forward to reviews and such from you importers.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:01:14 AM »

I'm between trying to finish DDS 1 sidequests and The Answer.

So no.

I will avoid spoilers and wait for the NA release.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 02:30:19 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
I have little faith this is coming to the States, as I think the PS2 is finally dead. Though, I still look forward to reviews and such from you importers.

You sir, are an insane individual whose power to reason logically is on such a negative integer, a veritable deity of mathematics would be hard pressed to calculate its deficiency.

It's PERSONA. It WILL come here!
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 02:33:15 AM »

I'll wait for the NA release as well. I thought about importing it, but I'm low on money.

I'm more excited about the OST actually, since I pre-ordered it. Meguro!!!
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:48 AM »

I'll be picking this up on the japanese release

thanks god its on the PS2, as I'm yet to pick up a PS3...
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 02:38:59 AM »

I wouldn't go that far, but I see it as extraordinarily unlikely that we'll miss it. It's the sequel to one of Atlus's most successful recent titles, it would be madness to skip on it. Though maybe SCEA will get a stick up their ass for some dumbfuck reason about new PS2 releases by the time it'd come out, it wouldn't be the first time they've screwed us out of MegaTen.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 04:49:52 AM »

Do you guys think we'll see a US release this year? Like christmas? I don't know japanese, if this doesn't get a translation I'll either kill myself or learn it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 10:01:23 AM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

You sir, are an insane individual whose power to reason logically is on such a negative integer, a veritable deity of mathematics would be hard pressed to calculate its deficiency.

It's PERSONA. It WILL come here!

Yah, it really looks like the first P2 came to the states. Don't pass off your opinion as a fact. I just said I don't think it will come over here. If it does, then that's great.
Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 10:04:27 AM »

The first P2 didn't come here because of controversial elements, like Hitler. Not to mention that SMT/Persona wasn't a big-name license then. Times are changed sir.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:39:40 AM »

It's still not a big name license.

Hidoshi

Built This House

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 12:29:11 PM »

Considering both GameSpot and Gamespy gave it the 2007 RPG of the Year award, how well it sold, etc, and the general rising name of the SMT franchise as a whole, I'd say it's pretty big-name for an RPG. It's not Final Fantasy yet, but it's up there.

At the very least, the point stands that it's popular enough to virtually guarantee a localisation.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: