Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 12:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332801 Posts in 13635 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4  (Read 102514 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 01:01:40 PM »

I think the fact that we got P3 FES is a good indication as to whether we'll get P4.

And considering P4 doesn't have the shooting yourself in the head trick (that I've seen), it's less controversial than P3.

Why wouldn't we get it?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2008, 02:58:30 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
The first P2 didn't come here because of controversial elements, like Hitler. Not to mention that SMT/Persona wasn't a big-name license then. Times are changed sir.

Soul Hackers was blocked by SCEA, and I'm not really sure exactly why. Possibly due to how it looked and not necessarily any plot elements.

What I said is highly unlikely though, games kept coming out for the PS1 years after the following generation started and it seems to me P4's still in that window.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2008, 04:13:26 PM »

Not to mention that the PS3 has /just/ started picking up steam and I doubt Sony's willing to abandon their greatest success /just/ yet.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2008, 04:19:28 PM »

If you ask me, the fact that even half of all shitty PS2 RPGs were actually released in North America is a good indication that we'll see Persona 4...besides all of the popularity and press that Persona 3 got.

After all, if companies thought we actually had demand for games like Magna Carta or Rogue Galaxy, then why wouldn't they think we'd want something like Persona 4, especially when the Persona series has seen successful past releases, while the aforementioned two games have absolutely no track record?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2008, 04:36:27 PM »

The first P2 didn't come here because of controversial elements, like Hitler.

Don't want to start an argument, but lots of American games feature Hitler, or some variation of Nazism thereof.

Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:09 PM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"

Don't want to start an argument, but lots of American games feature Hitler, or some variation of Nazism thereof.

That, and a lot of American TV shows often depict Hitler, and in a comedic sense at that, e.g., The Simpsons, and South Park, among others.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 04:47:54 PM »

I doubt it would be hitler. Otherwise, Wolfenstein 3D would've been blocked from release years earlier. It's Germany that has the anti nazi glorification laws.

If there's any controversial elements I can think of it'd be the number of murders involving people at that highschool, or whatever it was. This game was coming out around the time of Columbine.

However, I recall reading an interview where Atlus said that SCEA would let them bring over only one of IS or EP, and they picked EP because they thought it was better.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 05:12:37 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
I doubt it would be hitler. Otherwise, Wolfenstein 3D would've been blocked from release years earlier. It's Germany that has the anti nazi glorification laws.

There's no control short of the government itself (and I guess the ESRB sort of) over PC titles, and it was pretty censored for the SNES release. Anyways, if what was said in that interview is right... Fuck SCEA. Seriously, people complain about the piles of crap coming on the Wii due to the non-existent concept approval but I'd rather have countless crap games I do not need to buy or play to get the great games I really want rather than those being weeded out while inadvertently offing great titles.
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 08:37:54 PM »

Quote from: "MeshGearFox"
If there's any controversial elements I can think of it'd be the number of murders involving people at that highschool, or whatever it was. This game was coming out around the time of Columbine.

Mesh is correct.  It's less about Hitler and more about the 1st dungeon being a high school, and the 1st boss being the school principal.  Shooting at the principal (with a machine gun concealed in a guitar case, no less) and watching him fall out a window, to his death, was the most controversial part of the game.

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

There's no control short of the government itself (and I guess the ESRB sort of) over PC titles, and it was pretty censored for the SNES release. Anyways, if what was said in that interview is right... Fuck SCEA. Seriously, people complain about the piles of crap coming on the Wii due to the non-existent concept approval but I'd rather have countless crap games I do not need to buy or play to get the great games I really want rather than those being weeded out while inadvertently offing great titles.

Well maybe my english literacy is pretty bad... but I did not understand half of what you wanted to say....

This game MUST come... I will launch a gamer strike if it doesn´t... What? it worked for the writers! XD

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 10:16:02 PM »

Wow, I just learned that you're able to control all the characters in P4. I liked the AI in P3, but sometimes I wanted to slap the hell out of them.

"Damnit, Yukari, use a media skill." "Damn it Mitsuru, stop using Tentarafoo all the fucking time." Or even "Jesus Christ, Koromaru, stop using Mudo skills. If it didn't work the first ten times, it's not gonna work the eleventh time."

Based on the opening song, I bet people'll like the music in P4 a lot more than in P3, but I liked Lotus Juice.

And I hope there's more than one dungeon to explore, and no, I don't count Monad since it's a part of Tartarus.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 03:16:47 AM »

I wish I had time. I never played the second or third games, so I can't jump into this one for a while. I am definitely interested though. I have a couple of games I need to finish first.

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 11:27:40 AM »

There's no need to play the previous games. They have no connection story wise, just like the Final Fantasy games.

But yeah, if your an JRPG freak that needs to play every last JRPG they can get there hands on, I can definitely relate. :)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 11:35:34 AM »

Well, P4 is set a few years after P3, but I'm sure there's no knowledge of P3 that's needed.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »

Isn't there Apathy Syndrome in P4? Or am I thinking of the anime?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: