Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 04:15:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341235 Posts in 13945 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 4
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39 Print
Author Topic: Persona 4  (Read 104028 times)
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: July 18, 2008, 02:28:56 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
In short, his name is Kuma ('Bear') and he lives in your television. :P  He also hooks the party up w/ their evokers, which happen to be glasses, not guns.  Nerdcore!

As long as we are on the subject of comedy, has the game tickled your funny bone at all? I thought P3 had a rather brilliant mix of humor throughout the entire story, and it never once made me take the (dramatic) story any less seriously. How is the comedy this time around? Who is the Junpei of P4?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2008, 05:37:51 AM »

The junpei is obviously the other male character that appears in the party besides of the MC, he appears in a lot of goofy situations in the trailers.

The girl with the short hair seems to be the yukari of the party. The other girl seems to have more of a Fuuka personality (though way hotter).

There are probably more characters joining the party eventually.

The humor in P3 was brilliant, I'm confident that we'll get more of the same. Same goes for translation and voice acting.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2008, 07:32:21 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "terrencelee"
long FMVS are a good thing more fmv means more story, and more story generally means a deeper richer gaming experience. i hope theres an OAV leding the game in.

Eternal Sonata's ending (and apparently the rest of the game) completely invalidates your post.

i dont remember them being super long, then again i havent beaten it yet. i guess i should revise that statement to say long fmvs are usually a good thing
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2008, 08:15:22 AM »

Quote from: "Sketch"
As long as we are on the subject of comedy, has the game tickled your funny bone at all? I thought P3 had a rather brilliant mix of humor throughout the entire story, and it never once made me take the (dramatic) story any less seriously. How is the comedy this time around? Who is the Junpei of P4?

Yousuke, who is the guy w/ the headphones, he's funny.  Chie is indeed reminiscent of Yukari, maybe a little more on the childish/clingy side.  As for Yukiko, I wouldn't describe her like Fuuka... Fuuka was extremely shy and socially awkward, whereas Yukiko has more of a 'quiet loner' personality type.

P4 has the same brilliant mix of humor, but on the whole, the storyline itself is significantly darker than P3, but less so than P2: Innocent Sin and P2: Eternal Punishment.  We're talking murder victims who are tied up on telephone poles, and traumatic sequences where each character confronts his or her "dark side" and all of the negative/perverse thoughts that people try to hide.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »

Quote from: "Shiguma"
Quote from: "Sketch"

Yousuke, who is the guy w/ the headphones, he's funny.  Chie is indeed reminiscent of Yukari, maybe a little more on the childish/clingy side.  As for Yukiko, I wouldn't describe her like Fuuka... Fuuka was extremely shy and socially awkward, whereas Yukiko has more of a 'quiet loner' personality type.

P4 has the same brilliant mix of humor, but on the whole, the storyline itself is significantly darker than P3, but less so than P2: Innocent Sin and P2: Eternal Punishment.  We're talking murder victims who are tied up on telephone poles, and traumatic sequences where each character confronts his or her "dark side" and all of the negative/perverse thoughts that people try to hide.

That sounds very good. Thanks for increasing my suffering.

I'm glad to hear that Yukiko isn't like Fuuka. I just got that impression from the trailers.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBcl86fmeM

^Not really spoilers, but it is a boss fight later on. Nothing bad that'll ruin the game for you.

But damn, this is the coolest dungeon/boss ever/!

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2008, 01:41:56 AM »

My copy /finally/ arrived! I expect much playing later tonight!

Juan_Blue

Bluejuan85@aol.com Bluejuan85@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »

Quote from: "Dice"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlBcl86fmeM

^Not really spoilers, but it is a boss fight later on. Nothing bad that'll ruin the game for you.

But damn, this is the coolest dungeon/boss ever/!

That is the most awesome boss in the series next to Nyx in my opinion. I saw a video that was awesome too but I don't want to spoil it for you guys so wait till December. :)

Currently Playing:
Call of Duty 4 (PS3), Persona 3: FES (PS2), Tales of Eternia (PSP)

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »

Am I the only one who likes to live in complete ignorance when anticipating a new game? I'll give the OST a shot and then crawl back under a rock until December. :)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »

Quote from: "Raziel"
Am I the only one who likes to live in complete ignorance when anticipating a new game? I'll give the OST a shot and then crawl back under a rock until December. :)

I like a few basic details, and if I'm apathetic or weary about a game I'll check out more than one I'm hyped up on, but I consider this modern tendency to hunt down any detail that appears exasperating. Some sites may carelessly spoil (Kotaku on THE ending twist for MGS4) or some people are baffled as to why YOU don't watch every trailer or see every picture leaves me frustrated.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2008, 04:36:52 PM »

Nope, I'm the same. I don't really anticipate things much anymore, nor do I try to keep up with details on upcoming games. If I like it, I read about it a bit and then wait for the release date. If no release date is announced on a game I may be looking forward to, I'm more prone to look it up to see if one gets announced. After that, I just wait for the date. This reminds me of the kid at my school who went ape shit over GTA4 and literally read everything he could. He spent some nights just watching videos on it. It got to the point where he brought a GTA4 map to school and pointed out where key events took place. Crazy bastard.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2008, 05:17:35 PM »

Am I the only one who likes to live in complete ignorance when anticipating a new game?

I like to.  This isn't an example for a game, but I avoided pretty much everything regarding The Dark Knight and when I saw it last night it blew me away.  

However, as much as I'd like to avoid knowing anything about certain games I want to play it is often difficult for me to do so since I write for RPGFan.  Though admittedly, ever since I decided to stop writing previews (for which I had to scour for any tidbit of information about a game) I'm enjoying anticipatory gaming a lot more.  I'm looking more forward to Black Sigil since I don't have to write about it for a preview prior to its release.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2008, 07:25:32 PM »

No, you're not.

I try to glean some general impressions without things getting spoilery.

Save me a rock.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Am I the only one who likes to live in complete ignorance when anticipating a new game?

I like to.  This isn't an example for a game, but I avoided pretty much everything regarding The Dark Knight and when I saw it last night it blew me away.  

I did exactly the same thing.  If something I'm really anticipating I prefer to avoid everything pertaining to it.  It's gotten especially hard in this day and age with it becoming a trend to spoil things.  I'm sure everybody's had atleast something spoiled for them.  I remember when kids were going around on opening night for Harry Potter #6 and spoiling the ending of it.  I could make a whole side thread for this, but I digress.  It really depends on your viewpoint, some people get very pissed off when major plot points are spoiled for them.

As for Persona 4, I'm attempting to ignore all information about the game except for specific details that I already asked Shiguma about.  So I'll be under a rock until December as well.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »

I like to know about gameplay details before going into these things. All those most review sites aren't very good at explaining those beyond a "CARS GO VROOM" level of detail.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: