Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 10:24:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329985 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  "Countdown Site" = Chrono Trigger DS? remake, new
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print
Author Topic: "Countdown Site" = Chrono Trigger DS? remake, new  (Read 26144 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 02:51:00 AM »

I'll take anything. Port, remake... though I'm hoping for a remake mostly.

As for the scans, well they ARE rumored to be from Jump magazine or something like that. We haven't seen the whole scan. Maybe the article has screens of the original game and then shows some remake screens somewhere else on the page (as an example). So don't rule out a remake yet.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2008, 04:31:58 AM »

I think the NA release will follow shortly after.

http://na.square-enix.com/ctds/

:D
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2008, 05:20:50 AM »

I just hope they increase the difficulty. One of the few problems I have with CT is that it's a fucking cakewalk.

And that's another great thing about remakes: they give developers a chance  to fix flaws in the original! Like DQIV's AI-controlled party members, for instance.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:37 AM »

I'd like to preemptively destroy any doubt about us getting it.
Akira
The Renegade of this Atomic Age

jonnybfbi
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2008, 07:14:12 AM »

I've been reviewing a lot of remakes and ports these days and I honestly don't understand all the hate. Some of these classics came out over a decade ago; it's likely that many of today's teenagers missed out. An update with some new features that remains faithful to the original doesn't hurt anybody; newbies can join in, and vets can enjoy the game all over again. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I actually hope it's 2D. The FF3/FF4 DS remakes didn't impress me with their graphics. Sharper 2D sprites would be just right. I'd also like to see some new challenges or even difficulty levels; Star Ocean does this, and other RPGs should follow the same example, especially ones with Chrono Trigger's absurdly high replay value.

I doubt it'll be Japan only, but I won't mind if it comes out early here. If it doesn't turn up in the west, I'll help with the fan translation. :P

"You must defeat my Dragon Punch to stand a chance."
jphussey

hussman12
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2008, 09:01:18 AM »

I have two copies of the SNES version if someone wants to buy one :)

JP
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2008, 09:03:20 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Yay! Another pointless remake!
I think we all know you're going to throw a shit fit whenever a remake/port is announced, so you can stop posting in these threads. There are already lots of original content yet you continue to bitch and moan incessantly. Seriously, just stop posting in these threads, all you do is troll and make nonsensical statements, then cry about how you're victimized when people call you on your bullshit.

It's getting tired. Even kids know when their shit gets stale.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

My interest all depends if it's really a remake. 'Remake' is used as kind of a blanket term, but there's actual remakes and then there's ports with a few extras. Remakes combine the nostalgia with a new experience. I'd only be interested in ports if I actually wanted to play them on the road. My DS generally doesn't go farther than a trip to the bathroom though :P
Shiguma
The Saviour of Esteria

LordShiguma
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2008, 09:14:34 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
Quote from: "Lard"
Yay! Another pointless remake!
I think we all know you're going to throw a shit fit whenever a remake/port is announced, so you can stop posting in these threads. There are already lots of original content yet you continue to bitch and moan incessantly. Seriously, just stop posting in these threads, all you do is troll and make nonsensical statements, then cry about how you're victimized when people call you on your bullshit.

It's getting tired. Even kids know when their shit gets stale.

QFT.

You crawled out from under the bridge and instigated the [same old] conflict, Lard.  Dade was simply responding to it, albeit obscenely.  Of course, "two wrongs don't make a right," but for the second time now, you still ran off and tattled to the recess teacher.  It's laughable.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled "amagad Chrono Trigger" discussion.

Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2008, 10:00:02 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"

JJ beat you to it.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »

I don't like Chrono Trigger much, but I wholeheartedly support Square Enix's plan to port every single game they've ever made to the DS.

Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2008, 10:37:23 AM »

I'm a little late on this thread...

Anyway, just woke up this morning, came to RPGfan,  and saw the news. Seriously, it put the biggest smile on my face to see this and hear it's for the ds (I was worried it might be on the psp, which would suck cuz i don't have one).  Anyway, it really made my day, which was starting out terrible.

I haven't played this game in years and to just knowing that I'm not the only one who still has so much love for it makes me excited to see a remake or port.  I don't own a copy of the game, so this is perfect for me.  I have no complaints, I think it was a good idea and nice surprise from Square Enix.

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »

From RPGamer-

"Chrono Trigger DS will feature the classic multiple endings that it is famous for and will be unchanged at its core. Yasunori Mitsuda's score will return as will Akira Toriyama's character designs. The new additions to this version are dual screen presentation, touch screen functionality, a brand new dungeon, and an unspecified wireless play mode. Continue to visit the official North American website for more updates as they become available."

"Oh, a hunter..."
calintz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 11:01:28 AM »

where did they source that info?
are the famitsu scans online?

if that is true, then there's no mention of a "remade" 3D engine...
Wilsongt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2008, 11:23:32 AM »

Quote from: "calintz"
where did they source that info?
are the famitsu scans online?

if that is true, then there's no mention of a "remade" 3D engine...

It was announced in Jump, not Famitsu. Plus, it's not a 3D remake, it's an enhanced port.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: