Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 04:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327938 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Ever get robbed?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ever get robbed?  (Read 4988 times)
Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 02:12:00 AM »

In May, some son of a bitch stole my bag, containing my PSP, Camera, clothing and other things from right next to me while I was sleeping. I filed a police report, and hasn't done shit. This incident also made me hate being in Japan more than I think I would had I not been robbed.

If, God willing, I ever find the person, I'll strangle him.

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 02:18:41 AM »

There was this one time one of my sister's friends stole her cellphone from her room while she was in the kitchen getting some drinks. We hunted him down (the legal way) and even got the cellphone back.

A friend of mine was less lucky. Her bag with her wallet, cellphone, iPod and some more things was stolen while she was about to board the train. The thief ran away, but some bystanders were able to identify him... only they wouldn't, because they thought it was such a hassle, they just didn't feel like helping out and of course the police couldn't force them. Assholes of the year.
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 04:23:13 PM »

Quote from: "sandiny0ursh0es"
Sorry for bringing up bad memories, Losfer. I apologize for that. This thread is actually really helping me with the coping process.

No, mate, it's cool.  If the thread is helping, that's a good thing.  It's always good to talk about stuff like this.  I'm glad we're assisting.  :P

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:30 PM »

Quote from: "D-Rider"
I know it's not that serious in the grand scheme of things, but some asshole stole a Coke right out of my hand at the Superdome a few years ago before I even got to take a sip.  Who the fuck steals a Coke?  I mean shit, he was IN the Superdome; if he can afford Saints tickets, he should be able to buy a goddamn drink.  I'm pissed off all over again just thinking about that shit.

LOL. I'm sorry, but that shit is hilarious.

As for me, I can't recall any moments in my life where I got robbed. Guess I was lucky.
Bloodstar6078

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 12:59:51 AM »

Losfer... I was talking to one of my other brothers tonight and asked him if he knew why my brother stole my playstation. He told me my brother had been dealing drugs around that time (I had completely forgot about it) and he said that mostly likely my brother had used some of the drugs he was supposed to be dealing and owed someone some $$$. So yeah, basically like your dad.

Also, I remember he didn't just steal my playstation but also my SNES and it's games, and some comics, baseball and football cards, and possibly some other crap. That fucking asshole.

Years later though I found my cartridge for Megaman X. Not that it's of any use to me atm...
SPY GENTLEMEN
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »

Lets just say that situation on YTMND where the black guy is riding Little Mac's bike is what happened to me when I was younger.  A young African American person stole my bike.  Turns out that person was my sister's boyfriend.  He sold my bike for a freaking meal at KFC.  At least now I have a semi racist story to tell people for laughs.

SOME STAY DRY WHILE OTHERS FEEL THE PAIN.  SPY SURPRISE.  A KNIFE IN THE BACK WILL MAKE YOU WONDER WHERE IT WENT.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 11:27:18 PM »

I've been lucky enough in my 18 years of existence not to have been robbed. When I was very young, though, someone stole the family Jeep. I was maybe 1 or 2 at the time, so I don't remember it actually happening.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »

Wow. Yeah, this topic brings back some not so good memories. I actually remember posting a similar  topic on these boards(or whatever the current iteration was at the time) when it happened. Damn, that was like 8 or 9 years ago. Took all sorts of games, music cds(expensive imported game soundtracks included. Fuckers probably had no idea what they had there) and jewelry.
Took me a long time to get over it. I remember being so pissed off about two specific things. Someone left the sun room door open, facilitating the pukes entry into my home; and the dog was in the basement in a cage, where he most certainly could NOT guard the house. From that day on the dog was allowed free reign of the house, and I'm very careful about locking everything up. Spyro has since passed away, and we now have a 4 month old Rot/Sheperd mix that I'm pretty sure will have no problem guarding the house.
Good luck, man. It takes awhile to get over the feeling. The weirdest thing is the guilt you put on yourself. As if you could have done something to prevent it from happening. It is no ones fault but the asshole who did it. Fuckers should have their hands cut off. No joke.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dangerous Person
AMG A GIRL

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2008, 10:11:45 PM »

Yep, it definitely sucks when people make off with your crap. It's even worse when it's your blood doing the stealing.

I can relate to that. My brother stole from my family a bunch of times in the past. He was quite a troubled mother.

If I love 'em, then I can forgive them. But if I don't, then when they take my stuff I'll let take my fists of rage, too.

I mean, you know...if I can catch them. I'm not a very fast runner. ^^

Post-breakup Kermit covers Chevelle, darkness ensues!
Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 12:49:52 AM »

I had someone steal some magic cards, I left them in class by accident in junior high way back in the day when it was geek cool to play them (around revised-5th edition timeframe). Some people thought they were the cards that some douchebag no one liked owned and when I went looking they told me if they knew they were mine they would have just given them back. Ah, the good old days of the friends you grew up with turning into thugs and jocks that won't talk to you but at least won't catch your shit on fire if they know it's yours.

Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »

Worst for me was when I had my bicycle stolen when I was in the 5th grade.  It was a BMX style bike with a white frame and red tires...  Anyway, I was always careful to lock it properly on the bike racks but when I came out of the school building that Friday (it was a nice day too so I was gonna go on an extended bike ride) and saw that my bike was gone, I cried like a baby all the way home.  To some people it'd probably be just a bike, but because my parents both worked my bike was the only way I could get around town.  I practically lived on my bike.  And despite living in an upper middle class neighborhood, my folks weren't exactly rolling in dough.

The folks eventually got me a new bike (not quite as nice) and a year or two later, I got a call from the local police that they'd found my old bike.  When I got on to ride it, I realized I had grown a LOT since that bike was stolen.  I never knew who stole it.  The police said they just found it abandoned somewhere.  

I really felt then my sophomore year of college when one of my suitemates had his BMX bike stolen (it was a nice one with a $1200 frame) while it was locked outside the dorm.  One of my friends was over that night and asked to ride the bike a little and a few minutes later came back frantic saying "DUDE!!! YOUR BIKE'S BEEN STOLEN!!!!"

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

I've been quite lucky, considering where I come from in London. I got lots of stuff stolen at all. On one occasion all my Pokemon cards were stolen whilst I was doing PE. I know that sounds petty, but they meant a lot to me, and, in hindsight, I had some very valuable ones.

Someone tried to steal my bike once. They were on it and trying to cycle off, and I was literally clinging to the frame and holding them back. Fortunately this huge Scottish guy came across the road and scared him off.

Someone once stole a hanging basket of flowers from outside me house. A fucking basket of flowers.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Pcmaker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 03:39:03 AM »

I'd like to see someone come and break into my house

I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 07:14:42 AM »

You know you’re in the wrong field of expertise when you break into a house where a heavily muscled man armed with a set of machine guns is waiting for you.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »

Quote from: "Pcmaker"
I'd like to see someone come and break into my house.

Do you know my brother?  If I thought he'd seen Cheat Commandos, I'd totally call him Gunhaver from now on.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: