Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:16:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334517 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Rogue Galaxy coming to the US in October
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Rogue Galaxy coming to the US in October  (Read 5568 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:21:30 PM »

Gamespot just posted a video interview with Nao Higa, the US producer for Rogue Galaxy, in which he states that Rogue Galaxy will be released in the US in October. I might be wrong, but I think this is the first time we get an official confirmation that the game is US-bound?

He also mentioned some other interesting stuff, like how Level 5 has apparently gone back to the game and added stuff for the US release. Among the things he mentioned was an entirely new planet, as well as a tweaked and improved battle system.

I think this is fabolous news. I'm really looking forward to Rogue Galaxy, and it sounds like a lot of effort is being put into the US version. 2006 is shaping up to be a great year for RPGs.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 04:53:27 PM »

I guess, IGN was faster than GameSpot there. Anyways, you guys in the US will have a lot of RPGs to choose from come this Fall. Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria, Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra, Tales of the Abyss and now Rogue Galaxy as well.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 02:43:57 AM »

You forgot to list 2 of the most exciting games this Fall - Devil Summoner 3 & Okami.

Anyway, excellent news this.  I own the Japanese version of Rogue Galaxy and aside from the dungeons being really long and sometimes tedious, the game is of a rather high quality.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:24:50 AM »

I forgot Devil Summoner, but since when is Ookami an RPG?
Krelian

pmtome@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 07:20:52 AM »

another good news ty for the notice =)
soo okami is a adventure not a rpg...

Sona mi areru ec sancitu
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 08:39:53 AM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
but since when is Ookami an RPG?

It plays similarly to the Zelda games, has random battles, and you get the equivilent of XP which you use to upgrade your character.  Sounds like a pretty obvious case of Action/RPG to me.

Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 09:23:13 AM »

Just because something plays similar to Zelda or has some RPG elements does not mean it qualifies as an RPG. Even Devil May Cry or Grand Theft Auto have certain gameplay elements you could call RPG elements :P. Accordingly all major sites list Ookami as a nature adventure (Capcom's official genre listening), action adventure or action/adventure, but definitely not as an RPG.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 01:13:47 PM »

A good deal of what goes into what we here at RPGFan consider an RPG is Marketing.  If it's advertised as a Fish Bowling game, generally we won't cover it.  If it's on the edge and is advertised as -RPG, we'll tend to cover it.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 04:31:59 PM »

I am glad that this game is coming over to the US.

Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 01:54:30 AM »

Quote from: "Professor Gast"
Final Fantasy XII, Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria, Xenosaga Episode III: Also sprach Zarathustra, Tales of the Abyss and now Rogue Galaxy as well.

How dare you forget to mention Disgaea 2 :P

I'm thrilled that Rogue Galaxy is coming out. I just took a look at some gameplay movies for the first time, and damn, those graphics are pretty.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 07:15:26 AM »

I'd say that Rogue Galaxy is the prettiest game on the PS2.  When I first put it into the system, I felt like someone had switched my PS2 for a prototype PS3 without telling me.

Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 12:58:42 PM »

I can't wait for RG. It's gonna be awesome. And just a month away from the PS3 and my birthday.
Seiken_Densetsu
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 08:21:37 PM »

Yeah, I was happy about this.  From what I have heard, the game does planet travel better than the Star Ocean series, but the battle system feels clunky and unstable, and definitely not as good as Star Ocean 3's (or Star Ocean 2's for that matter).
^3R^
Banninated

3r.kamikaze@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:49:40 PM »

Man I'm surely looking forward for this, nowadays I'm enjoying my PS2 more than ever.

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 01:17:10 AM »

Quote from: "Robert Boyd"
I'd say that Rogue Galaxy is the prettiest game on the PS2.  When I first put it into the system, I felt like someone had switched my PS2 for a prototype PS3 without telling me.

The pre-rendered cinemas are a particular high point.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: