Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 09:31:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319209 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Generation of Chaos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Generation of Chaos  (Read 4423 times)
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:46:04 PM »

To summurize this game in 3 words. Best Game Ever. Being Serious this game is FANTASTIC. I bought it around 1 pm today and stopped playing right know just to tell everyone to go buy it.  If you own a PSP you have to buy this game.  This game is an exact replica of Dragon Force. I can only really see 2 differences. The first one is  you have a little bit more (not much) macro manegement to take care off. The second thing is in Dragon Force everyone moves at the same time, in this game you take turns.   My only complaint with the game is that it suffers from slowdown when you do a special ability in battles. So if you liked Dragon Force for the Sega Saturn Pick this game up its the same thing except for the PSP.
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:48:19 AM »

I am thinking about picking it up.  I am not the biggest Nippon Icchi fan, but I have liked a few of their games.  Phantom Brave, mainly.  Disgaea and Makai Kingdom were good...but the lack of a deep story kinda brung it down for me (especially MK).

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
Orbytal

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 01:05:25 AM »

Thanks for the heads up cause ive been waiting for this game for so long. I loved Dragon Force.

Order. Triumphs over Evil. Always remember who you are because we know Good Prevails.
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 05:08:46 AM »

It looks pretty much like Shining Force, absolutely something I would like to purchase. The game must look gorgeous on the PSP screen.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 05:24:07 AM »

I love NIS's games, but it's on the PSP.  I'm not going to buy a $250 handheld just to play one game.  I know anyone who owns one will argue that there are so many other features such as the internet, music storage / play, video storage / play, but if I wanted a portable computer, I would have bought a laptop.  I want my handheld system to be a handheld system, not a portable computer with an extra program to allow it to play video games.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 10:21:10 AM »

I may pick this up. My psp looks lonely and dusty.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I love NIS's games, but it's on the PSP.  I'm not going to buy a $250 handheld just to play one game.  I know anyone who owns one will argue that there are so many other features such as the internet, music storage / play, video storage / play, but if I wanted a portable computer, I would have bought a laptop.  I want my handheld system to be a handheld system, not a portable computer with an extra program to allow it to play video games.

Danny

As an avid PSP owner, all I can say is..."HOW DARE YOU MOCK THE GREATEST PORTABLE SYSTEM ALIVE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Heh, j/k.  I do think its great though :P

But still, there are many great games for the PSP.  I know I haven't gone a day since I got it (when it was released) without playing the thing.  Sure, its not the biggest RPG system (unfortuantly), but its getting qutie a good number of RPGs out.  Tales of Eternia, Breath of Fire 3, PoPoLoCrois, and so on.  Anyways, thats my rant for the day.

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
ILuSt1

ilustriousk
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »

Quote from: "Morridor"

Danny

You can also play Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire 3 on it :) I had to import from Australia though.

Currently Playing (rpg): Grandia II
Recently Finished (rpg): La Pucelle Tactics

Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy (ps2)
Recently Finished: Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Dyne

CronoDyne CronoDyne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »

Quote from: "ILuSt1"

You can also play Tales of Eternia and Breath of Fire 3 on it :) I had to import from Australia though.

Tch...no kidding about the importing.  Damn no American releases...  I still haven't gotten ToE in the mail, and I ordered it weeks ago!

Currently Playing:

PS2
- Tales of Legendia
- Grandia III

PSP
- Tales of Eternia

Waiting for...
- Kingdom Hearts II
- Suikoden V
ILuSt1

ilustriousk
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 01:55:46 PM »

Quote from: "Dyne"
Quote from: "ILuSt1"

Tch...no kidding about the importing.  Damn no American releases...  I still haven't gotten ToE in the mail, and I ordered it weeks ago!

hmm...i ordered from DVDCrave. I got my package within a week.

Currently Playing (rpg): Grandia II
Recently Finished (rpg): La Pucelle Tactics

Currently Playing: Indigo Prophecy (ps2)
Recently Finished: Dead or Alive 4 (360)
Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 02:15:15 PM »

Hmm, I have looked at a few videos and such, but I never got the impression it was like Shining Force. Do you still keep your characters when they die in battle? I never sat down with a Fire Emblem game  (yet), but I always read about it when people post about it here. I DO NOT like the idea of losing a character I have leveled up for hours to disappear from a lucky critical strike from an over-powered boss. I will agree it adds alot to the tension and strategy, but it is too fustrating to me.

I let my little sister use my PSP for about 6 months now, cause there inst anything other than Burnout Legends that I want to play. I may just pick this one up.

John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »

This is way closer to Dragon Force than FFT/Shining Force/Disgaea.

RPGFan review once our updater is working again.

-John

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 10:20:14 PM »

I just bought a full album from Dogschool because of the trailer... pretty cool stuff.

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
ShiningHero

Lawlerabs

lightbreakerec@hotmail.com Blazeddc
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2006, 08:34:33 PM »

I need to give it another chance but currently the game is just so overwhelming. It throws so much at you the second you start playing that is a major turn off imo. More complex than Dragon Force which I enjoyed. I'll give it another chance as my first boot up was around 3 A.M. and I was pretty tired all ready.

Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 09:53:28 PM »

It really is a lot like Dragon Force which is what I was really hoping.  All of the previews and screenshots had me thinking that was what this game was going to be like but it was hard to be sure until I got my hands on it and fortunately it is.

I'm really enjoying this game so far.  The gameplay is wonderful if you like the pace and the character designs/portraits are great and I like how the game is fully voiced which I wasn't sure to expect.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: