Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319064 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Mexico to decriminalize having small amounts of some drugs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mexico to decriminalize having small amounts of some drugs  (Read 2396 times)
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:41:24 PM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060428/ts_nm/mexico_drugs_dc

Five grams of pot = less than 1/4 of an ounce, so they're actually more strict than the state of California when it comes to marijuana. However, having an ounce or less in CA results in a traffic violation-type penalty. This says there will be NO penalty under the new law's conditions.

Discuss.

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

I can totally understand marijuana in this "decriminalization".....but heroin and cocaine?

Seriously, the Mexican authorities need to revisit their brains that are now up their asses.

Pot = very rarely linked to violent crimes....
Heroin and Cocaine = Self explanitory.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Ark

me irl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 09:36:55 AM »

man this guy hyped up on meth and pcp was totally using DRUGS to fuel his war on peace FUCK YEAH MARIJUANA IS THE PROBLEM

... is the kind of thing I hear day-in, day-out. There's many a thing wrong with the good green, as is anything you smoke and suck down your pipe, but respect is due where respect is due as to what really drives people insane :P
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:41:17 PM »

So they should continue this ineffective surface war against a power they obviously have no control over? Lets piss away more money in a government that barely makes enough to support its own schools and building fees, so long as we feel nice and moral that we're paying lipservice to the drug problem.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 12:53:59 AM »

Hah, war on drugs my ass. Laws mean nothing, they are far from final. Nothing is set in stone. What is illegal today, is certainly possible to be legal tomorrow.

Was it really necessary to include heroin and cocaine? Personally I'm not crazy about having marijuana legalized, or even cigarettes or alcohol (these will more than likely never go away) for that matter, but those are just my preferences.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 08:31:13 AM »

Ok...heroin and cocaine, yeah, I don't see this being too effective, but I agree with marijuana to an extent.  But saying alcohol should be illegal...SACRILEGE!  Do a little research on prohibition...making alcohol illegal is not a good thing, AT ALL!
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 08:49:05 AM »

Make it all legal, I say. People should damn well be allowed to drink, smoke, inhale and inject whatever they want, as long as it's not directly making them hurt others. Allowing alcohol and tobacco while criminalizing other drugs is just hypocritical. If alcohol had been "invented" today, it would no doubt have been criminalized. It's addictive, and it's a leading cause of social misery and voilence. The only reason that it's legal is because of tradition, and because people need a way to escape their dreary every day lives.

So yeah, legalize it all. Legalize it, put money into a few information campaigns informing the public about the health hazards, and then let them smoke away. Society and government shouldn't have any obligation to help the populace when they begin to feel the effects of their drug use, however. People are going into it knowing full well what the consequences can be (and I know a fair number of people who do drugs frequently and still are able to function normally), and so the responsibility should lie on them alone.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 10:51:05 AM »

You forgot about how much cash the government could make if they taxed it too.

I mean, look at the cost of a bottle of vodka.....half the cost is in government taxation! If they legalized marijuana, tossed it in drug stores and taxed the shit out of it.....they'd made so goddamn much money it's sick.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 05:08:33 PM »

Quote from: "Azrael"
Ok...heroin and cocaine, yeah, I don't see this being too effective, but I agree with marijuana to an extent.  But saying alcohol should be illegal...SACRILEGE!  Do a little research on prohibition...making alcohol illegal is not a good thing, AT ALL!

True, that period of time was crazy times for America. I guess because it's so ingrained in society, (in the world, really) banning it would only make matters worse.
Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:35:29 AM »

Dade thus far has been nailing every one of my points down, so I really don't need to be commenting. :P Cauton, while I agree with you on a human rights level, it's scary to think of a person legally obtaining PCP for the purpose of getting whacked out of their minds.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: