Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 06:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331782 Posts in 13583 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360  (Read 29147 times)
Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »

It's an intelligent business decision for S-E.  I mean, the Xbox 360 is the dominant console in the US with a wider userbase than the PS3 and S-E's already releasing Star Ocean 4 and Infinite Undiscovery on it.  

Big news, and my initial reaction was "no freaking way!"  

Sorry Sony, but Tekken 6 is not enough to sell me on your system.

EDIT: And I hate to say it, but Sony's repeatedly shot themselves in the foot with the PS3, especially considering the massive financial losses they've taken on the system and with few ways to recoup them, especially since the majority of "must have" titles are multiplatform.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2008, 03:49:05 PM »

FUCK.

Now every other RPG ever is going to be released on the 360 as well.  If the BIG RPG is going to be there, everyone else is going to follow suit.

God damn. :P

everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 03:50:36 PM »

In related news: Microsoft is really fucking delivering this year. I don't think I've seen any company with so many great announcements at one E3.

Sony's going to have a tough time topping this.

[/url]
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 03:51:39 PM »

Well, if Sony sucks S-E's dick and makes KH3 a PS3 exclusive (or even more far-fetched, get Dragon Quest X a PS3 exclusive), they're going to need more than God of War 3 to keep people buying a PS3.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 03:56:01 PM »

Quote from: "everluck"
In related news: Microsoft is really fucking delivering this year. I don't think I've seen any company with so many great announcements at one E3.

Quoted for truth.  FF13, Fallout 3, Gears of War, Resident Evil 5...unless Nintendo springs something major on us, I think it's already safe to say this is a Microsoft year.

Losfer
Bearded Scumlord

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 03:58:13 PM »

THIS JUST IN, THE 100% COMPLETELY OFFICIAL PACKAGING........

Lord Dorkus

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 03:59:49 PM »

Many 360 fans thought this E3 press conference was a snore-fest just like last year with almost everything leaked or already shown or known. I honestly couldn't believe Microsoft managed to keep this a secret. Then again everyone who made the suggestion of it happening ended up being laughed at by both PS3 and 360 owners. In hind sight there were hints that this could happen but...wow.
everluck

stay positive!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 04:06:36 PM »

Quote from: "Lord Dorkus"

Many 360 fans thought this E3 press conference was a snore-fest just like last year with almost everything leaked or already shown or known. I honestly couldn't believe Microsoft managed keep this a secret. Then again everyone who made the suggestion of it happening ended up being laughed at by both PS3 and 360 owners. In hind sight there were hints that this could happen but...wow.

I don't give a shit what "many fans thought;" this was a fucking great conference. Just because many things were leaked doesn't mean they were confirmed, and I'd say all the really big things were kept secret until they were officially announced. FFXIII, Banjo Kazooie on XBLA, Portal 2, a redesigned dashboard, Netflix support, 16:10 support... I can't imagine anyone not being impressed by the amount of surprises on show this year.

edit:
I forgot to mention game installs right onto the hard drive. The PS3's been doing it since launch, but with the 360's installation games don't even need to spin in the drive to be played. You just need discs for verification. I'd say that's a pretty big announcement, since it pretty much slices the legs off one of the biggest advantages PS3 had over 360.

[/url]
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:09 PM »

Well with both FF13 and SO4 coming to the 360, I might just get a 360 instead of the PS3 afterall.

As for devil may cry 4, I can get that for my PC.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 04:10:40 PM »

Well I watched the whole conference live and it was easily the worst conference I have watched since I started watching them 4 years ago. FFXIII was the only exciting thing that happened, and it took FAR to long.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 04:17:37 PM »

LMFAO @ FFXIII on 360.

I already own a PS3 though, so I'll be getting it for my PS3 since I won't have to deal with disc swapping.  Sony sycophants are undoubtedly shitting their pants.  I need to go read all the flame wars.  It should be precious.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »

During the conference, Yoichi Wada also announced that it would be releasing in the US, Europe and Japan simultaneously on the Xbox 360

http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2008, 04:27:40 PM »

Three words: Saw it coming. :D
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »

That's disgusting.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 04:34:48 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"
LMFAO @ FFXIII on 360.

I already own a PS3 though, so I'll be getting it for my PS3 since I won't have to deal with disc swapping.  Sony sycophants are undoubtedly shitting their pants.  I need to go read all the flame wars.  It should be precious.

Just, y'know, installs between virtual discs. :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: