Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 09:40:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329452 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360  (Read 29108 times)
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:30 AM »

Quote from: "Parn"
Quote from: "terrencelee"
i have a 42" 1080 hd lcd and looking at L.O. on it and mass effect for that matter as well. there are times things look a bit jagged, not quite as clean. now MGS4 on the other hand looks nothing short of perfect.

You're full of shit.  Metal Gear Solid 4 is rendered at 1024x768 and thus has a lot of jagged edge issues due to having to be rescaled for 1280x720 or 1920x1080 displays.  It's even more blatant on a quality 1080p display, like mine.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune kicks Metal Gear Solid 4's ass in the graphics department on PS3 with all the graphical effects, animation, texture quality, and for the fact that its rendered at a proper aspect ratio and resolution (1280x720).  If you seriously can't see all the aliasing issues on Metal Gear Solid 4, your TV sucks or you're blind.

not full of shit in the slightest, i didnt see any jagged edges when i played. i didnt play uncharted on my hd when i played it, all i had was a projector at that point so i cant compare the two. so far i HAVE played MGS4 as well as Mass effect in HD and of the two MGS4 looks much better.
oooh and since were sharing setups!!! my turn!

my bedroom 42" hd w surround
and

my living room projector with bose surround. im not sure its 100" or 106" i dont remember its NOT hd though so the image quality isnt as clear

sorry i dont know how to hotlink photos so sorry theyre so huge
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: July 18, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »

Quote from: "terrencelee"
so far i HAVE played MGS4 as well as Mass effect in HD and of the two MGS4 looks much better.

I wasn't talking about which game looks better.  You said Metal Gear Solid 4 looks perfect, and I call bullshit.  It's rendered at 1024x768, and as a result, the game suffers from aliasing issues.  There are also low resolution textures strewn everywhere, and shadows are especially awful in many spots.

It may have some fancy cutscenes, but again... Uncharted: Drake's Fortune kicks this game's ass in the graphics department.
terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: July 18, 2008, 05:55:42 PM »

ill play it in HD now that i actually HAVE hd to test the theory. maybe im just jocking MGS4 because im a fanboy? *shrug*

hope uncharted 2 is just as good as part 1
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: July 18, 2008, 06:13:27 PM »

Yeah, likewise.  Uncharted's one of the best new IPs to come out in recent times.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: July 18, 2008, 07:43:38 PM »

Uncharted 2 got announced? The first game seems fun, but I've yet to play it.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »

It was kind of hinted at in an interview.

I recommend you buy Uncharted ASAP.  I find it to be the best game on the platform so far.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2008, 09:37:47 PM »

It is the best game on the PS3 so far. Only exclusive that I have enjoyed so far, aside from Folklore.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2008, 09:50:45 PM »

Well, seeing as though ME is probably the weakest looking game I've played on the 360, that's probably not saying much. Compared to something like Bioshock or Lost Odyssey, ME was pretty bland and had lots of clipping problems.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"

I thought Uncharted 2 was already official, but I could be wrong. It's a fun game.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »

Quote from: "Prime Mover"
Well, seeing as though ME is probably the weakest looking game I've played on the 360, that's probably not saying much. Compared to something like Bioshock or Lost Odyssey, ME was pretty bland and had lots of clipping problems.

Download the Two Worlds demo, then you'll appreciate ME's graphics. Or at least see that there's far, far worse.
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2008, 12:34:48 AM »

Quote from: "Lard"
Quote from: "dalucifer0"

I thought Uncharted 2 was already official, but I could be wrong. It's a fun game.

ND are probably considering it.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2008, 06:40:52 AM »

Man, you must only play good looking games. ME's no technical milestone, but it's no slouch either.

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:50 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"

Man, you must only play good looking games. ME's no technical milestone, but it's no slouch either.

Agreed. Despite the technical stuff that doesn't run like it should all the time, the game has pretty good graphics. The system can't handle everything that was going on which is why all that crap happens.

terrencelee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2008, 09:20:30 AM »

i thouhgt it was official too, THATS one id LOVE to hear about at E3. based on its sales figures it should be top priority to them. i mean jak and daxter can only take up so many resources.

mass effect does have awesome graphics, especially in the textures, im not complaining by comparison.  however there are places where the clipping isnt too clean. when i was playing it (i think it was the 1st 360 game i bought when i got the system) i remember the jagged edges were mostly visible in upclose shots where your speaking with NPCs
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2008, 10:24:07 AM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Agreed. Despite the technical stuff that doesn't run like it should all the time, the game has pretty good graphics. The system can't handle everything that was going on which is why all that crap happens.

The biggest bottleneck was the DVD drive.  This is why I can't wait for the fall dashboard update that'll let us install the game onto the hard drive.  It will have little to no impact on games like Lego Star Wars, but on Unreal Engine 3 games... it will make a huge difference, especially Mass Effect.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: