Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 03:43:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318971 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360  (Read 28113 times)
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2008, 06:59:27 PM »

i'm pretty much in shock right now. ffxiii WAS my reason for owning a ps3. i've stayed away from the 360 because it's home to tons of the genre i hate. first person shooters.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2008, 07:06:48 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i've stayed away from the 360 because it's home to tons of the genre i hate. first person shooters.

You don't have to play them.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: July 24, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »

You don't get it. Just owning the system makes you affiliated with 'them'.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 24, 2008, 07:39:36 PM »

I guess I should chuck my PC then since it's home to tons of the genre I loathe: MMORPGs.  :P  

Still, FF13 going multiplatform has to be one of the smartest business decisions Square Enix has made.  I mean, in the home console race (meaning I'm not counting handhelds), the #2 console in America after the Wii is the 360.  And since America is the #2 consumer market for video games in the world (after Japan), Japanese developers would be out of their minds not to develop for the 360 and/or go multiplatform for it.  The video game industry is a business plain and simple.  Business is about making money.  There is a sizeable chunk of money to be made with the 360, so why shouldn't developers jump on board?  And it's not like Square Enix jumped ship.  FF13 is still slated for the PS3.  

I guess whatever contracts Square Enix made with Sony regarding the Final Fantasy IP gave them some room/leeway to multiplatform.  In looking at what I said in this thread, I'm eating my words.  Perhaps any exclusivity clauses regarding Sony and the FF IP I thought could potentially exist weren't as strong or as existent as I initially thought.

With the announcement of FF13 going multiplatform and the introduction of fresh, offbeat, even innovative RPGs this year (The World Ends With You, Song Summoner), Square Enix is doing a lot of things right this year and proving to me that they still have "it."

I approve of this nonsense!
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: July 24, 2008, 07:54:15 PM »

Quote from: "Alisha"
i'm pretty much in shock right now. ffxiii WAS my reason for owning a ps3. i've stayed away from the 360 because it's home to tons of the genre i hate. first person shooters.

You do know most of those 360 FPS are also on the PS3?  And they both share the same amount of exclusives in the FPS genre?  That kinda ruins your point.

Oh and Dincrest, Japan is no longer #1 in the market, America is, followed by Europe.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2008, 10:18:17 AM »

Aftonbladet: If you had to choose ONE exclusive Xbox 360 title and launch it for the PS3 instead, which game would it be?
Hirai: I don't think I have to choose any.....
Aftonbladet: You have to pick one.
Hirai: Again, I don't think I have to pick one because we have such a fantastic lineup of games.
Aftonbladet: But if someone is holding a gun to your head and you have to choose one. Which game would it be?
Hirai: Okay.. then they have to shoot me, because I really don't think we need any.

No, it's NOT a joke.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2008, 12:46:04 PM »

Quote from: "CDFN"
No, it's NOT a joke.

Obviously... because it's not funny.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2008, 12:48:37 PM »

Yeah, Kaz is right, to be honest. The strength of all three consoles is the first and second party games, as most third party games are multiplatform nowadays. It's not like the PS3 needs Halo 3 and Gears of War/2 when they have a lot of FPSes coming out themselves.
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2008, 02:48:37 PM »

I've been hoping that FFXIII would get released on the XBox 360 all along; and I expected it when DMC4 made the jump to 360, and S-E is releasing a number of its franchises on the 360, as well (SO4, Infinite Undiscovery, Last Remnant), and then Namco's Tales of Vesperia.

The only PS3 exclusives I'm interested in are Folklore and Uncharted, and maybe only that first one, at that.

A $300 console versus a $400-600 console? Psh, no competition!

Even then, if I were a billionaire something-or-other industry tycoon, I still wouldn't want millions of game consoles sitting in front of my TV if I only needed...2 (Wii and 360).

The PS2 was good in its day, but then again, the only real reason I got it was for FFX, and most of the other games I got were only to help justify my purchasing of the PS2 for practically just one damn game, most of which I wouldn't have bought for more than $15-20.

I can't help wondering if all that time I spent ignoring the Gamecube was wasted?

NOW, hopefully FFXIII Versus will make it to the 360, hm?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2008, 03:15:46 PM »

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2008, 03:15:59 PM »

They've stated that Versus is still an exclusive to the PS3.

Really, how do you justify the PS3 being expensive when you yourself bought bought a 360, which is $50 cheaper, Blu-ray-less, and $50 online/year. And the PS3 is a piece of shit hardware. Fucking baffles me. >.>

Two of those titles are tri-Ace titles, and only IU is a confirmed exclusive, SO4 is in limbo on the exclusivity, and TLR is a timed exclusive, and knowing Namco, ToV might get ported to the PS3.

The only thing different about the games is the first party games, and very few third-party exclusives.

Yeah, I'm on the verge of buying a 360, but the faulty hardware, and ToV being the only game I really want isn't very appealing to throw $350 + repairs out. I'd be excited for the two tri-Ace games, but I've been disappointed in the two I've played, so I'd only get them if they were bargain prices. I even got SO3 and Radiata Stories cheap and still feel cheated out of my money.

I'd say stop being selfish and whiny about not having the console for which the game you want is going to come out, but I don't wanna listen to you whine...
Bernhardt

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2008, 04:01:24 PM »

Umm...dalucifer, who're you talking to?

ANYWAY, I actually understand all the PS3 fanboys whining about the loss of FFXIII's exclusivity.

Think about it.

If neither system offers any killer app exclusives, what's the difference between buying a PS3 versus an XBox 360? NOTHING. Sure, each system has SOME exclusive titles, but are they BIG titles that would really differentiate PS3 versus XBox 360?

One system may have more advanced hardware, or different hardware from the other, but what does it matter when they roughly have all of the same games anyway?

As for the XBox 360's TRRoD, they're going to be releasing new a model of the system that won't have that problem; it was an announcement made at E3.

This just makes the XBox 360 seem like a less expensive PS3!

You could argue that the PS3 is only half as expensive as any Blu-Ray player, and that it also plays games, but that doesn't really matter if you don't give a shit about Blu-Ray.

Sure, Blu-Rays may have better sound and picture than DVDs, but what if you don't think that's worth paying $20 per movie ($10 for DVDs, $30 for Blu-Ray movies)?

I'm not a Microsoft or Sony fanboy by any means, let alone a console fanboy; heck, up until now, I've pretty much stuck with the PS2 as opposed to the XBox, but now XBox 360 is really catching my attention. I GO WHERE THE GAMES I WANT ARE.

My point is, I really like to stick with ONE system that has all the games I want on it, no matter which damn console or brand or make it is, without having to purchase a Goddamn bunch of different boxes!
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2008, 04:28:14 AM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Hmmm. Well, as I understand it while the Cell processor's power isn't exactly as useful for video gaming normally, I swear I've seen it said that the PS3 can edge out the X360 a bit in graphical power, and that the Ghostbuster developers have to hold back due to the X360.

As for Fallout 3: There's others that can comment better, but based off Oblivion and most other WRPGs period it's safe to say you'll probably have enough to not need DLC.

This isn't true. Xenos is not less powerful than RSX. There's an endless debate about Xenos and RSX+Cell, but there is no overall advantage of either above the other, not even a bit. Beyond3D is a great place to start if you want to check out more on that.

Quote from: "Eusis"
I guess that isn't surprising. Actually, I forgot: reviews typically said the PS3 edged out slightly for DMC4, which is enough for me.

This isn't true either, DMC4 was slightly better on 360 not PS3 (framerate during cut-scenes always 60fps+textures), but the difference was negligible. I chalk that up to Capcom having more experience of porting MT Framework games to the 360 with Dead Rising and Lost Planet, while this was their first MTF game being ported to PS3. Actually, Crystal Tools also being a PC based engine like MT Framework and not one built from the ground up on PS3 (like the engines for Burnout Paradise or Uncharted) is what has me confident that S-E can port FFXIII to 360 just as easily. If the 360 version is worse than the PS3 version then it'll be because of S-E's team behind the port and not because of anything the 360 is incapable of.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: July 30, 2008, 11:08:49 AM »

Quote from: "dalucifer0"
Yeah, Kaz is right, to be honest. The strength of all three consoles is the first and second party games, as most third party games are multiplatform nowadays. It's not like the PS3 needs Halo 3 and Gears of War/2 when they have a lot of FPSes coming out themselves.

So you're telling me that the release of XBOX360's most antecipated title on the PS3 would make no difference whatsoever? XBOX360 would lose a huge exclusive and the PS3 would be graced with one of the best action games ever but it would not only be irrelevant, but if you were in Kaz's shoes you'd actually rather take a shot in the head than seing that happen?

Because the PS3 has lots of FPS? So I suppose FFXIII on the XBOX360 is such great news because the machine didn't have any JRPGs?
Same goes for Halo 3, the best selling series on the XBOX, obviously. Why would the PS3 want the most emblematic game of it's main competitor?

That's like saying in the 16 bit era that nintendo doesn't need sonic because it has mario.

I first thought it was sarcasm, but you say you're being honest so I guess it's worth a reply.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: July 30, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Now if FF13 went to the Wii, I would be suprised.

Wii has sold twice as many systems worldwide than the PS3...I was shocked to see that.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: