Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 05:55:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327939 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Holy Crap. Final Fantasy XIII for Xbox 360  (Read 28889 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »

Well the shock of the whole thing is now completely gone for me because after NOT hearing about any release date I've realized that I could very well be playing Diablo III before FFXIII:P

Also, God of War 3 had better be something special or Sony might be completely fucked.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »

Quote from: "Raze"
Three words: Saw it coming. :D

Yep. I don't see how people are surprised by this.

Come the fuck on, isn't this at least a LITTLE surprising? My irritation with the modern trend of expecting everything multiplatform that isn't first party aside, for roughly half the series FF's been Sony exclusive. I don't think anything's going to compare to the shock of FFVII on the PS1, but this is definitely worthy of at least a '... huh'.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 06:17:50 PM »

'08 was going to be the year of the PS3 only in fanboys' minds.

I don't regret owning all three consoles, however.  White Knight Chronicles is going to be published by SCE and thus will never see the light of day on 360.  Likewise goes to Uncharted 2, whenever Naughty Dog finishes it.  Valkyria Chronicles is going to ship in November, and Little Big Planet will be here soon.

PS3 isn't the RPG console this generation, but it still has games to play if you think the entry fee is worth it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2008, 06:22:47 PM »

There's Disgaea 3 for the NIS freaks too, and thankfully that isn't going for the standard $60 price tag of this generation.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2008, 06:22:50 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
Quote from: "Raze"
Three words: Saw it coming. :D

Yep. I don't see how people are surprised by this.

Come the fuck on, isn't this at least a LITTLE surprising? My irritation with the modern trend of expecting everything multiplatform that isn't first party aside, for roughly half the series FF's been Sony exclusive. I don't think anything's going to compare to the shock of FFVII on the PS1, but this is definitely worthy of at least a '... huh'.

It's surprising in a small way I suppose. But I really did expect it. S-E's a pretty sharp business and can usually tell where the money's going. It's wise if they keep it a PS3 exclusive (or at least ship less) in Japan, but for the West, they're definitely making a smart move with multi-platform.

I was surprised at DMC4 on the 360. After that, it's all sort of "well, yup, thought so".
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2008, 06:51:21 PM »

Quote from: "jj984jj"
YES! No need for no PS3 for me. EVER! :D

I thought the same! =D

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »

Quote from: "Parn"

PS3 isn't the RPG console this generation, but it still has games to play if you think the entry fee is worth it.

That's sort of my issue with the system; I still have nothing that I want to buy on it. Warhawk was supposed to be the game I bought the system for, but then that went and /sucked/. MGS4 was a 'sort of want' issue, because I'm not an MGS fan (I only really liked 3, the others were okay). Where FFXIII may have sold me on the idea of picking up a PS3, this tosses that right out the window.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2008, 07:00:01 PM »

Lame....

Now we have just another game that's dumbed down to work on both consoles.

This console generation is turning into PC gaming.

One of the biggest advantages console gaming had was to deliver an amazing gaming experience given the hardware the console had.
Now we have games that can't be optimized for any set of hardware and have to work universally.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »

Quote from: "Eusis"
There's Disgaea 3 for the NIS freaks too, and thankfully that isn't going for the standard $60 price tag of this generation.

And there's Valkyrie Chronicles which, at least for me, looks way more interesting than Last Remanent and others of the like.

I see both the 360 and PS3 with a good share of RPGs to offer, then again, i'm one of the few who couldn't care less about games like Mass Effect.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2008, 07:01:57 PM »

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction was the reason I finally picked up my PS3 last year because I love that series. Of course I also really wanted MGS4 and picked up DMC4, Uncharted, NGS, and GTA IV.

Anyway, I'll probably still be getting the PS3 version of FFXIII unless for some ungodly reason the 360 version turns out to be better (like the DLC thing MS keep pulling with games, most recently Fallout 3).

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"

Unless things have changed, I was under the impression that developers preferred the Xbox 360 and that in general those versions have turned out to be better than the PS3 version despite the debatable superiority of the PS3 hardware.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »

Quote from: "Blace"
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction was the reason I finally picked up my PS3 last year because I love that series. Of course I also really wanted MGS4 and picked up DMC4, Uncharted, NGS, and GTA IV.

Anyway, I'll probably still be getting the PS3 version of FFXIII unless for some ungodly reason the 360 version turns out to be better (like the DLC thing MS keep pulling with games, most recently Fallout 3).

Considering that they started to develope FF13 for the PS3 first, and it has been in developement process for a while, i can't see a reason why that one would turn out to be inferior.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
Quote from: "Parn"

That's sort of my issue with the system; I still have nothing that I want to buy on it. Warhawk was supposed to be the game I bought the system for, but then that went and /sucked/. MGS4 was a 'sort of want' issue, because I'm not an MGS fan (I only really liked 3, the others were okay). Where FFXIII may have sold me on the idea of picking up a PS3, this tosses that right out the window.

Same here. I had thought that Sony would have sold their grandmothers to keep FFXIII a PS3 exclusive as it would sell units which would help the installed base problem. I currently don't have a next gen system and also thought that I would get a PS3 when FFXIII came out. Now I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. One thing I loved about the PS2 was that every RPG I was interested in was on it.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »

Four letters.

L M A O

I'm stoked. Now for Konami to "suddenly" reveal that next year MGS4 will be out for the 360.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"

Given how FF usually is they probably don't have to compromise much, if at all, to make it work great on both platforms, and MGS4 has thrown into question what significant benefit the PS3 hardware has over the X360.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: